Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

The Vape Thread

Search this Thread

Old 3/14/15, 12:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Mountain Oak Vapors is the juice I've been using. Its $8 a bottle (15ml) or 3 for $20. Or 3 30ml bottles for $35.

After some of the **** I've read, I'm scared to mix my own. I've seen that the high volume nicotine liquids are so highly poisonous that you basically need a HAZMAT suit to mix them because the nicotine liquid is so poisonous, any contact with skin can kill you if its the high volume liquids.

I'm afraid of that **** when it comes to mixing my own stuff, I'd rather buy it already in a bottle that tastes good and is certified to be free of bad stuff.

Then check out Mount Baker Vapor. They sell pre-mixed flavors in bulk quantities at really cheap prices. Less than $40 for 230ml is a great deal if you're not wanting to DIY.

And I totally understand the concerns. I mix mine using beakers while wearing latex gloves to protect my hands. At 100mg per ml the nicotine is strong enough to make you sick if you get a good amount on your hands. It can absorb though your skin. But, with some latex gloves and some cheap measuring beakers it's really easy and super-cheap.

As for the quitting smoking aspect, I used both tobacco and vaping for close to 6 months before I gave up the smoking entirely. For me it was a gradual switch that didn't happen overnight. It took me months to find the right combination of the mods and flavor that got me to quit tobacco entirely. For me, what it really took was ditching the tobacco flavors entirely. Trying to simulate the flavor of a cigarette just made me want the real thing, it was only when I stopped using tobacco flavored juices that I was able to quit the tobacco entirely.

I smoked a pack+ per day of Camel Filter and Camel 99s for 30 years. It's not easy to just stop in a single day. But after finding the right combo for me I haven't had a single puff of tobacco in more than a year, and don't miss it a bit anymore.

Last edited by Moustang; 3/14/15 at 12:40 AM.
Old 3/14/15, 12:47 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I'm glad you quit smoking Lee

There's been a couple times this year I thought about having just one but after all the other times I quit and fell back I knew I just couldn't do it.

I feel fine now and have lost the urge and since nobody I know smokes it's much easier. Most the times I backslid was because someone I worked with smoked and it was just to tempting watching them smoke.

I'm clean now lol
Originally Posted by Moustang
Then check out Mount Baker Vapor. They sell pre-mixed flavors in bulk quantities at really cheap prices. Less than $40 for 230ml is a great deal if you're not wanting to DIY.

And I totally understand the concerns. I mix mine using beakers while wearing latex gloves to protect my hands. At 100mg per ml the nicotine is strong enough to make you sick if you get a good amount on your hands. It can absorb though your skin. But, with some latex gloves and some cheap measuring beakers it's really easy and super-cheap.

As for the quitting smoking aspect, I used both tobacco and vaping for close to 6 months before I gave up the smoking entirely. For me it was a gradual switch that didn't happen overnight. It took me months to find the right combination of the mods and flavor that got me to quit tobacco entirely. For me, what it really took was ditching the tobacco flavors entirely. Trying to simulate the flavor of a cigarette just made me want the real thing, it was only when I stopped using tobacco flavored juices that I was able to quit the tobacco entirely.

I smoked a pack+ per day of Camel Filter and Camel 99s for 30 years. It's not easy to just stop in a single day. But after finding the right combo for me I haven't had a single puff of tobacco in more than a year, and don't miss it a bit anymore.
I've heard of them on several forums.

I too smoked for a long time. Smoked Marlboro reds for 30 years 30-40 a day and when I decided to quit, I first went to the 24 mg of tobacco flavor juice that was extracted from natural nicotine (NET juices) I got over that in a week and went to 18 mg in flavors I liked, and now am at 12mg flavors, and that is too much in these sub ohm tanks so I'm mixing 12 and 6 flavors.
Old 3/14/15, 01:03 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Right now I'm sub ohm vaping a mix of 2:1 juice, 12 and 6 mg at about 19 watts on a .5 ohm coil in a Kanger subtank mini on a iStick 50 watt. Just a few hits of it here and there and supplementing it with pulls from an Innokin iStick MVP 2.0 with a Kanger T3D clearomizer 1.5 ohm bottom coil, using a Vanilla 12mg juice.

I also just started today using an eLeaf Melo subohm tank (.5 coil, organic cotton) with a sherbet 12mg juice. Its a little strong, need to mix it with 6mg. to see how it is.
Old 3/14/15, 02:43 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I'd punch Lee in the throat for one long hit off a Marlboro Red right now.

I smoked Marlboro 100's all those years. 20 years all together. If you add up all the times I quit it would probably equal about 5 years combined. I know 100's are like the strong chick cigs but gosh darnit the cheapskate in me like the longer cigarette with more tobacco and longer lasting for same money. Sure the filter is longer a little bit but so is the tobacco end too. At the end of I smoked kings it would last me all but maybe 2 minutes it seemed like. I could suck those down in like two puffs.

I don't know what finally did it in the end.
I think laying there in that hospital for two weeks made me feel like I had a head start on quitting when I got out. I don't know about you guys but if you've ever tried cold turkey that third or fourth day you wanna choke baby puppies and drown bunny rabbits for that hit of nicotine and whatever else is in there. Also when the told me my CT scans of my lungs were clear I felt like I had cheated the disease all those years. Like if I quit right now no harm no foul. If I kept going Id be pushing my luck I felt like. I think looking back that is what really did it. Some one think oh I'm fine I can keep smoking my lungs are completely healthy I have pictures to prove it. I said to myself instead Hey let's quit and it'll be like it never happened. You had 20 years that's a good run. You'll probably die of a ruptured colon or diabetes but your lungs are healthy as a teenager.
Old 3/14/15, 03:16 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I'd punch Lee in the throat for one long hit off a Marlboro Red right now.

I smoked Marlboro 100's all those years. 20 years all together. If you add up all the times I quit it would probably equal about 5 years combined. I know 100's are like the strong chick cigs but gosh darnit the cheapskate in me like the longer cigarette with more tobacco and longer lasting for same money. Sure the filter is longer a little bit but so is the tobacco end too. At the end of I smoked kings it would last me all but maybe 2 minutes it seemed like. I could suck those down in like two puffs.

I don't know what finally did it in the end.
I think laying there in that hospital for two weeks made me feel like I had a head start on quitting when I got out. I don't know about you guys but if you've ever tried cold turkey that third or fourth day you wanna choke baby puppies and drown bunny rabbits for that hit of nicotine and whatever else is in there. Also when the told me my CT scans of my lungs were clear I felt like I had cheated the disease all those years. Like if I quit right now no harm no foul. If I kept going Id be pushing my luck I felt like. I think looking back that is what really did it. Some one think oh I'm fine I can keep smoking my lungs are completely healthy I have pictures to prove it. I said to myself instead Hey let's quit and it'll be like it never happened. You had 20 years that's a good run. You'll probably die of a ruptured colon or diabetes but your lungs are healthy as a teenager.
\I can tell you really need a good vape, a bgt hit off of a sub ohm mod. LOL, just kidding, I just couldn't do it without some help. I just couldn't quit by myself.

I know what you mean, the last couple of days I have had some crazy dreams where I smoked a few puffs off of a cig (right after I had some sex or sexual encounters that I shouldn't have had, lol) and then after I had lit one up and had a few puffs, I'd go crazy trying to find a puddle of water to put it out. I didn't even want it, then I'd be crazy afraid to be around anyone in case they smelled a cig on me even though I only had one puff in the dream, lol .
Old 3/14/15, 03:29 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I honestly don't think its the nicotine that is the true addiction. If it was, gum or patches would solve it.

Even vaping nic doesn't really do it fully. I think the addiction is from some combination of nicotine and other chemicals in cigs. They say its just the nicotine that is addictive, I don't think its the nicotine. Hell, I've went from 24mg, to 18mg, to 12mg to a mix of 6 and 12mg in a month and I was a HEAVY smoker, and those high mg nicotine vapes were just too much.

I honestly think there is something else in cigs that keep you smoking. Some combination of nicotine and other chemicals in there. Its not just the nicotine. I've vaped as much nic as possible but there are still days where I want to smoke a cig, but I don't. I fight it back. Its something else in there that makes you want to smoke, its not just nicotine. Its some combination of chemicals in a cig when its burning. I don't know what it is, but there is something in there other than nicotine that gets you hooked.
Old 3/14/15, 03:36 AM
Post *****

I used to shy away from contact or proximity to people because of the way I knew I smelled back then. I notice that I still do that some now and then I catch myself and tell myself I don't drink anymore.

I'm sure like the two of you I remember some strange **** from when I was younger. Like when I was a little kid and people could smoke in movie theaters still. Or later when movies had an intermission. I remember return of the Jedi was one of the last movies I remember seeing in the theater with an intermission.

But the crazy one was the ash trays in the clothing store at JC Penneys. I will never forget that. People smoking while trying in new clothes. They aware the smokers ash trays and my mom would yell at me for playing with them. Can you imagine trying I clothes other people had smoked in while trying them on. Holy crap
Old 3/14/15, 03:43 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Lee you should pick up a few good cigars. No inhale but still a good tobacco burn taste. Even if I would get into the vape thing, not giving up my occasional cigar. Especially since the Cubans should be showing up soon. Good cigar with a glass of rum or whiskey is hard to beat.
Old 3/14/15, 04:06 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Lee you should pick up a few good cigars. No inhale but still a good tobacco burn taste. Even if I would get into the vape thing, not giving up my occasional cigar. Especially since the Cubans should be showing up soon. Good cigar with a glass of rum or whiskey is hard to beat.

"You wouldn't be trying to sell old Earl Haffler Dominicans in a Cuban wrapper now, would you?"
Old 3/14/15, 04:24 AM

"You wouldn't be trying to sell old Earl Haffler Dominicans in a Cuban wrapper now, would you?"
Lol. Nah. Just waiting on the restrictions to loosen up a bit more and the good stuff should be showing up in cigar shops. Hopefully we can order them online soon. There's a couple lees popular brands I would like to get a hold of again. Don't want to go on another cruise just to get them. But I will. Lol
Old 3/14/15, 12:33 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I never cared for cigars. Plus, every time I smoked one all it did was make me want a cigarette afterward. Vaping was the same way when I first started. Kind of like how when you'd smoke a joint back in the day, first thing you did when you finished it was fire up a cigarette. At least everyone I knew did.

I'm sure like the two of you I remember some strange **** from when I was younger. Like when I was a little kid and people could smoke in movie theaters still. Or later when movies had an intermission. I remember return of the Jedi was one of the last movies I remember seeing in the theater with an intermission.

But the crazy one was the ash trays in the clothing store at JC Penneys. I will never forget that. People smoking while trying in new clothes. They aware the smokers ash trays and my mom would yell at me for playing with them. Can you imagine trying I clothes other people had smoked in while trying them on. Holy crap
I remember all of that ****. I have smoked in theaters myself when I was young. I also remember the ashtrays in dept stores, back when women smoked a lot, I also can remember walking around in the grocery store and people would be smoking and just put out a cig right on the floor with their foot like it was nothing.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 3/14/15 at 12:34 PM.
Old 3/14/15, 04:27 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Moustang

Thanks for the tip, I've been poking around the Mt Baker site and am going to order some juice to try. I've found ones that seem to be pretty close to the flavors I'm using now but I've got a few questions before I order.

What about the extra flavor shots you can add? Does it need it? And how much to add? The ones I'm looking at are the pineapple peach, the vanilla ice cream and the orange dream bar. I'm also thinking about getting a candy cane to try, never tried any mint type flavors or even thought about it until you mentioned it. I'm planning on ordering them all in 6mg 20/80 pg/vg since I'm going to use them in a sub ohm tank and I'm afraid 12mg will be too strong like that from what I've seen so far.

Thanks.
Old 3/14/15, 11:09 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Just ordered several 15ml bottles from Mt baker vapors.

Got a Candy Cane, 6mg, extra shot of flavor

an Orange Cream bar, 6 mg, extra shot of flavor

a Vanilla Ice Cream, 6mg, extra shot of flavor

a Pineapple Peach, 6mg, extra shot of flavor

and Afternoon Delight, 6mg, extra shot of flavor.

For 20 bucks, I don't think I can go wrong, even if I don't like some of them, its better than the prices I've been giving, at least I can try them.
Old 3/15/15, 12:11 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Hey Mousetang, is there a name I can call you by when I reply? I really don't know what to say when I respond to you. Most people know it on here, even with my screen name and Hillbilly, but I'm Lee.
Old 3/15/15, 03:50 AM

I'm really wondering what the long term effects are of inhaling propylene glycol vapor. It's made in a chemical plant and it's not far from antifreeze. Yeah I know it's already in foods but I'm still concerned. Does water not work instead?
Old 3/15/15, 06:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Not a chance in hell but if you don't know the source as this horse shi t is not regulated watch out !
My friends daughter was out pubbing & hers run out , so her friend fills it up, she findsnd out after she used it and someone else , as both of their noses started bleeding & wouldn't stop rushed to ER
Old 3/17/15, 12:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Thanks for the tip, I've been poking around the Mt Baker site and am going to order some juice to try. I've found ones that seem to be pretty close to the flavors I'm using now but I've got a few questions before I order.

What about the extra flavor shots you can add? Does it need it? And how much to add? The ones I'm looking at are the pineapple peach, the vanilla ice cream and the orange dream bar. I'm also thinking about getting a candy cane to try, never tried any mint type flavors or even thought about it until you mentioned it. I'm planning on ordering them all in 6mg 20/80 pg/vg since I'm going to use them in a sub ohm tank and I'm afraid 12mg will be too strong like that from what I've seen so far.

Thanks.
I usually add an extra flavor shot or two. They do mix the flavors a bit on the weak side.

Except the Candy Cane. I cheated on that with theirs. I ordered no extra flavor shots and instead went to a local cake shop and bought a bottle of LorAnne Peppermint Oil. Costs like $2. About 4 drops into a 30ml bottle is plenty for me. Good throat hit, nice peppermint flavor. If you're doing straight lung hits you would probably find that a bit strong.

Mount Baker Vapor isn't the best flavored eliquid I've ever tried, but their prices are almost impossible to beat. Buying small bottles to try flavors with is definitely the best way to go before you drop the money on a bulk purchase.

And if you REALLY like Vanilla and are willing to try a premium eliquid, check out Nicoticket's Custards Last Stand.

Buy it, open the top and let it breath for a few minutes, then seal it back up and put it on a dark shelf for about a month before using it. Give it a good shaking every few days. Once it's had a few weeks to a month for the flavors to mix and set it's incredible. I'm still struggling to reproduce the flavor at home, and I've been at it for months. Theirs is just incredibly good.

They are not cheap, but they're oh-so good.

http://www.nicoticket.com/eliquid/

And for the record, I have the incredibly generic name of John.
Old 3/17/15, 12:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm really wondering what the long term effects are of inhaling propylene glycol vapor. It's made in a chemical plant and it's not far from antifreeze. Yeah I know it's already in foods but I'm still concerned. Does water not work instead?
Ask any asthmatic. Propylene Glycol is used in asthma inhalers. It's also used in hospitals to prevent airborne infections.

Here's some interesting reading for you.

Propylene glycol, the primary ingredient in the electronic cigarette cartridge, may be a powerful deterrent against pneumonia, influenza, and other respiratory diseases when vaporized and inhaled according to a study by Dr. Oswald Hope Robertson.
Clinical trials on electronic cigarettes containing propylene glycol were carried out in New Zealand by Dr. Murray Laugeson of Health New Zealand. Far from posing a threat to our health, the propylene glycol in e cigarettes might just keep us healthy.
http://www.news-medical.net/news/200...searchers.aspx

Last edited by Moustang; 3/17/15 at 12:47 PM.
Old 3/17/15, 12:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Not a chance in hell but if you don't know the source as this horse shi t is not regulated watch out !
My friends daughter was out pubbing & hers run out , so her friend fills it up, she findsnd out after she used it and someone else , as both of their noses started bleeding & wouldn't stop rushed to ER

That's one of the big reasons why I mix my own liquids now. I always know exactly what's in it.

I buy only US made, USD Kosher food grade Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerin, and the nicotine is suspended in a the same grade Propylene Glycol solution. The only other ingredients are the flavorings which are all easily available at candy and cake supply shops.

I know some people who import the stuff from China because it's cheaper, but I wouldn't touch anything that came from China. Who knows what they're putting in it to cut costs.
Old 3/18/15, 12:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Idk, I still think it's better to just stop cold turkey. The reason I quite was because I decided I didn't want to bring a kid up in the world in a smokey house. I stopped smoking over 20 years ago. Vaping and e cigs seems to be just another habit you gotta break someday.

Quick Reply: The Vape Thread