The thing you Love most today - Page 1108 - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

The thing you Love most today


 
 
 
Old 9/14/18, 12:44 AM
  #22141  
Cobra Member
 
Gravydog316's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 4, 2014
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,403
Thanked 224 Times in 201 Posts
Originally Posted by SpectreH
The President doesn't raise taxes, he influences Congress to create the budget and tax law, but in the end, Congress can pass whatever they want. He can then veto it, but Congress can override that veto. The real power is in Congress, which is why we need term limits. Due to party politics, they can barely send a bill to his desk. They'd never get enough people to cross the aisle and override a veto.

Free speech is free speech, whether it is right or wrong. And what is "right" today, might be deemed "wrong " tomorrow, depending on how the wind blows. There are plenty of hateful things that I wish people wouldn't say, but I am not the thought police. Now they are trying to say the "OK" hand signal means "white power" is now a racist gesture. In this case, the "they" is those all inclusive mild mannered liber-----hell, I can't type that with a straight face. It's the lunatic leftist liberals.
But, taxes don't have to be raised...
& the OK sign started as a hoax,
& to troll the left,
then was picked up by the right
& is know used to troll both sides,
& as a joke by supremacists,
so, yeah, it is racist.

I'm not saying everyone who uses it is racist,
but, the racists who use it know what it means.

The reason these hoaxes are starting is because both sides use social media more...
Gravydog316 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 9/14/18, 01:49 AM
  #22142  
Cobra Member
 
Gravydog316's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 4, 2014
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,403
Thanked 224 Times in 201 Posts
Judge rules DeVos delay of Obama-era student loan rules ‘unlawful’

"in a sweeping 57-page decision, the judge ruled that DeVos’ actions were “unlawful”, “procedurally invalid” and “arbitrary and capricious.”
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...n-rules-818296

Betsy (Cruella) DeVos is evil in the flesh. Ever wonder how that idiot got the job as education secretary? Her brother is Erik Prince.

"In 2016 Prince supported Republican candidate Donald Trump for President of the United States. Prince had no formal role in Trump's transition. In December 2016 Prince visited the transition team offices in New York City. In April 2017 as part of a broader investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections the Federal Bureau of Investigation is investigating a January 11, 2017 meeting in the Seychelles at which Prince presented himself as Trump's unofficial representative. In August 2016, Donald Trump Jr. had a meeting with envoy representing the crown princes of the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia – Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan of Abu Dhabi and Mohammad bin Salman – who offered help to the Trump presidential campaign. The meeting included Prince and Joel Zamel, an Israeli specialist in social media manipulation"
Gravydog316 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 9/14/18, 06:01 AM
  #22143  
Shelby GT350 Member
 
SpectreH's Avatar
 
Join Date: February 5, 2015
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 2,241
Thanked 231 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by Gravydog316 View Post
But, taxes don't have to be raised...
& the OK sign started as a hoax,
& to troll the left,
then was picked up by the right
& is know used to troll both sides,
& as a joke by supremacists,
so, yeah, it is racist.

I'm not saying everyone who uses it is racist,
but, the racists who use it know what it means.

The reason these hoaxes are starting is because both sides use social media more...
Well, I rarely use the OK sign, but if I do, it's not to signal "white power". Racism will never die because people are taught to hate/fear those who don't look like them. The media helps promote this. Social media is not news, but too many people see something there and run with it. I use it to communicate with old friends and distant family. I almost wish it didn't exist because what started out as a simple and fun way to reach out to people has been twisted into something that tries to manipulate people through false stories and censorship.

Oh, so if I don't raise taxes, what gets cut to fund my healthcare? If you say defense, that will never happen. People scream the the US spends way more than anyone else on defense, We're also the strongest nation on earth. Is there waste in the DoD, yes, but not enough to give "free" healthcare to the masses.

Last edited by SpectreH; 9/14/18 at 06:03 AM.
SpectreH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 9/14/18, 07:04 AM
  #22144  
GTR Member
 
Mustang Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 6, 2012
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 6,405
Thanks: 0
Thanked 272 Times in 247 Posts
First of all I do enjoy reading the banter but didn't the other Gary threaten to shut this political shyte down on some of these threads? We have a multitude of threads to support this banter can we please move to an appropriate thread?
Mustang Freak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 9/14/18, 07:14 AM
  #22145  
Shelby GT350 Member
 
SpectreH's Avatar
 
Join Date: February 5, 2015
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 2,241
Thanked 231 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak View Post
First of all I do enjoy reading the banter but didn't the other Gary threaten to shut this political shyte down on some of these threads? We have a multitude of threads to support this banter can we please move to an appropriate thread?
It would make sense to move a large portion of this thread over to teh P&R section.
SpectreH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 9/14/18, 07:42 AM
  #22146  
 
08GTCandyApple's Avatar
 
Join Date: August 11, 2007
Posts: 5,411
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak View Post
First of all I do enjoy reading the banter but didn't the other Gary threaten to shut this political shyte down on some of these threads? We have a multitude of threads to support this banter can we please move to an appropriate thread?
I'm sure even if you move it, crap will still be posted here because some people just don't know when to stop.....smh

But the ignore list really does work well by ignoring all posts by a member I don't see them at all unless someone quotes them

Today I love my new coffee mug!
Attached Thumbnails The thing you Love most today-mug.jpg  
08GTCandyApple is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 9/14/18, 08:43 AM
  #22147  
Shelby GT350 Member
 
SpectreH's Avatar
 
Join Date: February 5, 2015
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 2,241
Thanked 231 Times in 207 Posts
Awesome mug!
SpectreH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 9/14/18, 03:12 PM
  #22148  
Cobra Member
 
Gravydog316's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 4, 2014
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,403
Thanked 224 Times in 201 Posts
lol i wouldn't argue if you all were right...

you can be ignorant & block me,
instead of listening (& maybe actually learning something, someday...)

I just spent all day making suppositories with my mom, if anyone wants to try out my work.
Maybe your holes won't be quite so Sassy...?
Gravydog316 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 9/14/18, 06:33 PM
  #22149  
Bullitt Member
 
Sarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 24, 2016
Location: Maine, or eastern Canada
Posts: 315
Thanked 44 Times in 39 Posts
Not to change the subject or anything, but since this is the thing you LOVE thread, I love what the body shop is doing to my Mustang. Carbon fiber hood, front fenders, trunk lid, and spoiler. When the stripes are finished, this is gonna look killer!


Sarge is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarge For This Useful Post:
Gravydog316 (9/16/18)
Old 9/14/18, 08:08 PM
  #22150  
Shelby GT350 Member
 
SpectreH's Avatar
 
Join Date: February 5, 2015
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 2,241
Thanked 231 Times in 207 Posts
Nice! Any idea of what your weight reduction will be?
SpectreH is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SpectreH For This Useful Post:
Sarge (9/14/18)
Old 9/14/18, 09:02 PM
  #22151  
GTR Member
 
Mustang Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 6, 2012
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 6,405
Thanks: 0
Thanked 272 Times in 247 Posts
Very nice indeed!
Mustang Freak is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mustang Freak For This Useful Post:
Sarge (9/14/18)
Old 9/14/18, 09:03 PM
  #22152  
Bullitt Member
 
Sarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 24, 2016
Location: Maine, or eastern Canada
Posts: 315
Thanked 44 Times in 39 Posts
I don't have good numbers for what the components weigh, but I'm guessing around 50 pounds. I also got a lightweight front bumper that's supposed to be 9 lighter than stock. Combined with all the other lightweight mods (driveshaft, wheels, rotors, exhaust) I'm probably totaling around 150 lighter than stock.
Sarge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 9/14/18, 11:20 PM
  #22153  
Cobra Member
 
Gravydog316's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 4, 2014
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,403
Thanked 224 Times in 201 Posts
Here you go, you freaks 'n geeks:
dog owners insulting their dogs online:
https://twitter.com/i/events/1040755823725563905
Gravydog316 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 9/15/18, 12:34 AM
  #22154  
Cobra Member
 
Gravydog316's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 4, 2014
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,403
Thanked 224 Times in 201 Posts
Originally Posted by SpectreH View Post
Well, I rarely use the OK sign, but if I do, it's not to signal "white power". Racism will never die because people are taught to hate/fear those who don't look like them. The media helps promote this. Social media is not news, but too many people see something there and run with it. I use it to communicate with old friends and distant family. I almost wish it didn't exist because what started out as a simple and fun way to reach out to people has been twisted into something that tries to manipulate people through false stories and censorship.

Oh, so if I don't raise taxes, what gets cut to fund my healthcare? If you say defense, that will never happen. People scream the the US spends way more than anyone else on defense, We're also the strongest nation on earth. Is there waste in the DoD, yes, but not enough to give "free" healthcare to the masses.
No one says you're racist... but, yes, the OK sign is used by racists;
how about the drug companies who sent 20 MILLION pills to the West Virginia town of 6,000 to get the hooked on drugs?
Maybe they can pay for your healthcare?
https://www.newsweek.com/20-million-...on-2900-795413
Gravydog316 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 9/15/18, 04:59 AM
  #22155  
GTR Member
 
Mustang Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 6, 2012
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 6,405
Thanks: 0
Thanked 272 Times in 247 Posts
Originally Posted by Gravydog316
No one says you're racist... but, yes, the OK sign is used by racists;
how about the drug companies who sent 20 MILLION pills to the West Virginia town of 6,000 to get the hooked on drugs?
Maybe they can pay for your healthcare?
https://www.newsweek.com/20-million-...on-2900-795413
And we love this because...
Mustang Freak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 9/16/18, 11:22 PM
  #22156  
Cobra Member
 
Gravydog316's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 4, 2014
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,403
Thanked 224 Times in 201 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak View Post
And we love this because...
Because he's not racist (unless you love racists, I hope not)
&
Because: (pay attention now...)
you love your government.
& you should support their letting drug companies kill people instead of raising your taxes (you wrongly think)
& giving you 'free' healthcare.


ok, today I love how Trump is being quiet with everything that is going on this week in America.
So people can get things done, instead of his stupid distractions.

Last edited by Gravydog316; 9/16/18 at 11:38 PM.
Gravydog316 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 9/17/18, 03:59 AM
  #22157  
FR500 Member
 
David Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 16, 2009
Location: Clinton Tennessee
Posts: 3,096
Thanked 36 Times in 33 Posts
I'm happy the hurricane is almost finished . We only get a little wind and some rain from it . My wife's brother know someone in Virginia that was forced to evacuate, but my wife told me they were forced to ejaculate . I told her I was sad to hear about that
David Young is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 9/17/18, 03:59 AM
  #22158  
FR500 Member
 
David Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 16, 2009
Location: Clinton Tennessee
Posts: 3,096
Thanked 36 Times in 33 Posts
It doubled post, I didn't do it ……...

Last edited by David Young; 9/17/18 at 04:03 AM.
David Young is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 9/19/18, 05:03 PM
  #22159  
GTR Member
 
Mustang Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 6, 2012
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 6,405
Thanks: 0
Thanked 272 Times in 247 Posts
Mustang Freak is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
DarrenGT
2010-2014 Mustang
15
8/28/15 10:01 AM
mrp5150
SN95 Mustang
4
8/23/15 06:29 AM
2011gt5.0
2010-2014 Mustang
21
8/7/15 11:20 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors