Notices
Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

The thing you Love most today

Old 1/13/16, 02:51 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
Watching all these Russian dash cam crash videos on youtube. Holy hell, these people are freakin' crazy drivers. There must be a thousand people a day get killed on the road over there. Must be the vodka.

And the idiocy.
Old 1/15/16, 07:36 PM

Received 69 Likes on 65 Posts
Discounted Prime this weekend. My subscription is about to run out. Hopefully they allow gifting it to yourself!

http://www.engadget.com/2016/01/15/a...me-73-dollars/
Old 1/15/16, 10:17 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Blue Notch View Post
Discounted Prime this weekend. My subscription is about to run out. Hopefully they allow gifting it to yourself!

http://www.engadget.com/2016/01/15/a...me-73-dollars/
They don't. Mine runs out next week. Was trying to figure out a work around,, but doesn't seem to be a way from what I've read. Can't even gift it to someone else at the discounted price, was going to have one of us gift it to the other.

Looks like the only way would be to cancel your prime, then sign up again. Not even sure that will work, but some people are saying it will. If you find anything let me know.
Old 1/15/16, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown View Post
They don't. Mine runs out next week. Was trying to figure out a work around,, but doesn't seem to be a way from what I've read. Can't even gift it to someone else at the discounted price, was going to have one of us gift it to the other.

Looks like the only way would be to cancel your prime, then sign up again. Not even sure that will work, but some people are saying it will. If you find anything let me know.
Ugh. I thought it didn't even start til midnight?
Old 1/15/16, 10:36 PM

Dirty crooks.
Old 1/15/16, 10:42 PM

Sent them an email. We'll see what they say.
Old 1/15/16, 11:12 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Sent them an email. We'll see what they say.
Let me know if you find out anything. After I did some reading on cnet and other places I just said eff it and decided to let it renew at regular price next week.

People were even saying that you couldn't even put it on a gift card and let someone else use it. The special price couldn't be used in any way unless you were signing up for it and didn't already have it. That was the work around I read was possible was if you cancelled your prime, and then applied through the current deal. That was according to a poster that supposedly spoke to a customer service person at amazon. Take that for what its worth.

But no idea if it would actually work to do that if you already had prime, then cancelled it and signed back up.

But even as cheap as I am, I'm not going to try it to save $26 a year, lol. And I'm a cheap SOB, lol

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 1/15/16 at 11:14 PM.
Old 1/15/16, 11:26 PM

It's just really poor customer service to only offer it to new members.
Old 1/15/16, 11:53 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

It's just really poor customer service to only offer it to new members.
Yeah, it would be nice if long time customers could get it extended for the special price.

But I can't really complain, I've got my money's worth out of it this year especially. Watch all the movies and stuff, plus I've ordered a **** load of stuff and got the free 2 day shipping. Just Christmas shipping paid for it probably. We bought a huge Christmas list of stuff for a family in the community that had absolutely nothing and no way to get anything for the kids. Single dad with 4 kids under 12 and they wouldn't have gotten anything, and we ordered everything pretty much from Amazon. Bicycles for all of them, and a massive amount of toys and other things they wanted. Just filled their entire wish list that the kids made for "santa". TV's, toys, books, art stuff, etc.

Even dropped all of it off late Christmas night, 2 SUV loads so it would be there when they woke up Christmas morning without them knowing where any of it came from. It was wonderful. Best feeling I've had at Christmas in a very long time.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 1/15/16 at 11:56 PM.
Old 1/15/16, 11:57 PM

That's pretty darn cool, Lee. I'd love to be able to do something like that for someone someday.
Old 1/16/16, 12:19 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

That's pretty darn cool, Lee. I'd love to be able to do something like that for someone someday.
Its a fantastic feeling. I hate to say it, but I sometimes wonder if I do it for them or for the feeling I get. But you may not know what poverty is like down here, maybe you do, I'm not sure. The dad (who works his *** off to get by) was in on it and was so humble and appreciative that it made me feel bad. They barely get by, live in a tiny rental house that is probably 70 years old and in bad shape, the 4 kids wear clothes from the Salvation Army and Goodwill and are still straight A honor roll students even from that environment. Filled their Christmas lists, and gave them each a $300 prepaid card so they could pick out new clothes that they wanted.

The dad's car was breaking down all the time, and when it was down he was walking 16 miles a day to work when he couldn't get a ride until he could get the money to fix it, and he never missed a day of work. So me and a friend of mine went in together and got him a reliable used car so he could get to work without having to walk or call around for a ride.
Old 1/16/16, 09:41 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 288 Likes on 259 Posts
Its a fantastic feeling. I hate to say it, but I sometimes wonder if I do it for them or for the feeling I get. But you may not know what poverty is like down here, maybe you do, I'm not sure. The dad (who works his *** off to get by) was in on it and was so humble and appreciative that it made me feel bad. They barely get by, live in a tiny rental house that is probably 70 years old and in bad shape, the 4 kids wear clothes from the Salvation Army and Goodwill and are still straight A honor roll students even from that environment. Filled their Christmas lists, and gave them each a $300 prepaid card so they could pick out new clothes that they wanted.

The dad's car was breaking down all the time, and when it was down he was walking 16 miles a day to work when he couldn't get a ride until he could get the money to fix it, and he never missed a day of work. So me and a friend of mine went in together and got him a reliable used car so he could get to work without having to walk or call around for a ride.
Awesome! It is great to help someone.
Old 1/16/16, 09:54 AM

That's really great of you. I can't say I've seen the poverty first hand down there, but I have seen people up here who have it pretty rough. Makes you grateful for what you have.
Old 1/16/16, 09:55 AM

As for Amazon, here is their reply:

Hello,

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced in this case.

I checked and found that currently you have prime membership as a gift and in this case, you aren't eligible for a refund of the membership charge.

This offer will run from Friday, January 15th (starting no later than 9:01 p.m. Pacific Time) to 12:01 AM Pacific Time, Monday, January 18th, 2016.

But I see that your gift prime subscription ends on February 20, 2016.

As an exception, when your prime ends on February 20, 2016, please subscribe for prime Annual membership at the rate of $99 and write back us and let us know so that we'll issue refund $26 for the price difference.In this case, you will have your prime membership at the rate of $73. There is no need to worry about this.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-mi?c=yrrv...69449002&q=o2r

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,
Archanadevi J.
Old 1/16/16, 10:04 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Yeah, it would be nice if long time customers could get it extended for the special price. But I can't really complain, I've got my money's worth out of it this year especially. Watch all the movies and stuff, plus I've ordered a **** load of stuff and got the free 2 day shipping. Just Christmas shipping paid for it probably. We bought a huge Christmas list of stuff for a family in the community that had absolutely nothing and no way to get anything for the kids. Single dad with 4 kids under 12 and they wouldn't have gotten anything, and we ordered everything pretty much from Amazon. Bicycles for all of them, and a massive amount of toys and other things they wanted. Just filled their entire wish list that the kids made for "santa". TV's, toys, books, art stuff, etc. Even dropped all of it off late Christmas night, 2 SUV loads so it would be there when they woke up Christmas morning without them knowing where any of it came from. It was wonderful. Best feeling I've had at Christmas in a very long time.
Very nice Lee
Old 1/16/16, 11:14 AM
I

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I love cleaning, it is like therapy to me
Old 1/16/16, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by jerseygirl View Post
Come take our Christmas stuff down!
Old 1/16/16, 11:18 AM
I

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Come take our Christmas stuff down!
How about no?
Old 1/16/16, 12:16 PM
Play Date Madam
TMS Staff

Received 162 Likes on 137 Posts
You guys are so funny. All that trouble to save $22. Go spend that money on the next lotto
Old 1/16/16, 05:19 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseygirl View Post
Come over here, i'll have you mentally stable in no time! And feed you DQ!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The thing you Love most today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.