Notices
Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

The thing you Love most today

Old 9/19/14, 08:44 PM
  #20101  
Post *****
 
cdynaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 14, 2007
Location: State of Jefferson Mountains USA
Posts: 16,417
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown View Post
I only bring 2 half gallons of 100 proof so I don't get carried away. :gotahightolerance: :mightbeanalcoholic:
I know... and I never claim to be in your league. But a) I've been trying to let the "medicine" (poison) do its work yet stay "healthy", and b) since chemo, I can't drink as much without getting dizzy... I'm craving more Canadian now but have to stop at 2 1/2. I wish they made an NA Canadian so I could continue just for the flavor. It sooo beats plain water.

But I've been cancelled from the "trial" cocktail so we'll see what the next one is like. Apparently mixing it up is the best guess by the PhD's.

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/19/14 at 08:49 PM.
cdynaco is offline  
Old 9/19/14, 09:46 PM
  #20102  
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage
 
Rather B.Blown's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 4, 2007
Location: Just outside the middle of nowhere
Posts: 14,423
Likes: 0
Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco View Post
I know... and I never claim to be in your league. But a) I've been trying to let the "medicine" (poison) do its work yet stay "healthy", and b) since chemo, I can't drink as much without getting dizzy... I'm craving more Canadian now but have to stop at 2 1/2. I wish they made an NA Canadian so I could continue just for the flavor. It sooo beats plain water.

But I've been cancelled from the "trial" cocktail so we'll see what the next one is like. Apparently mixing it up is the best guess by the PhD's.
I really don't want to see anyone "in my league" its not a good place. When I post things, I don't mean it as bragging, its meant more as an advisory to future victims. Seriously. I think I've managed to shun anyone on here from doing what I've done, at least I hope.
I'm really happy for you Charlie, I hope everything works out the way its supposed to.

I'm just the opposite, I don't care about the flavor anymore when it comes right down to business, i just want to get ****ed up. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the good stuff, but in the end, my goal is to get blasted. Whatever helps take the pain away, especially mentally.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 9/19/14 at 09:48 PM.
Rather B.Blown is offline  
Old 9/19/14, 10:02 PM
  #20103  
FR500 Member
 
HOSS429's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 27, 2007
Location: alerbamer
Posts: 3,281
Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown View Post



Whatever helps take the pain away, .
i knew a man who drank shoe polish just for the alky content it had ..75 cents for an 8 ounch bottle ..
HOSS429 is offline  
Old 9/19/14, 10:06 PM
  #20104  
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage
 
Rather B.Blown's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 4, 2007
Location: Just outside the middle of nowhere
Posts: 14,423
Likes: 0
Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
i knew a man who drank shoe polish just for the alky content it had ..75 cents for an 8 ounch bottle ..
Well I drink the good stuff, but in the end, I guess I'm no different than the guy who drinks shoe polish. We're both seeking the same thing. Escape.
Rather B.Blown is offline  
Old 9/19/14, 10:09 PM
  #20105  
Post *****
 
cdynaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 14, 2007
Location: State of Jefferson Mountains USA
Posts: 16,417
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown View Post
I'm really happy for you Charlie, I hope everything works out the way its supposed to.
Thanks. It is.
With one of the rarest (in spite of a lifetime of relatively healthy living), living in a remote area, I was forwarded to one of the best thoracic surgeons for the 2nd attempt that put me in the 90+% 5 yr++ category with his strategy to achieve a "complete resection". The first open chest surgery was a fail - basically turned into a biopsy and closed me up, because the heart surgeon didn't know what to do for thymic cancer. Which proved he was wise. But the expert sent me through months of chemo + radiation to give him clear margins to do his work. Plus, everything remained it its "capsule" after 3 years of symptoms documented with 2 docs (that were asleep). Very unusual. Very blessed.
Then, after the typical thymic carcinoma recurrence of small nodules in lungs and lymphs, I was forwarded to the best of the best in the world for this rare critter which happens to be at Stanford.
So even though the trial drug (a maintenance type) only lasted/worked for 10 months, qualifying for the trial served its purpose as I am now under permanent care of Stanford Medical.
And for non-trial "off the shelf" stuff, he delegates to local infusion centers with him as the overseer. Meaning, I only have to go to ****ing California for checkups... treatments will be here at home. And I can be home within an hour to my lodge and my ranch of healing horses. With whisky. And wine.
So while the doubters will doubt, I see an answer to prayer, and the Breath of Jah - God's Holy Ruach at work. I'm not worthy of instant miracles, but I do my best to give God something to bless. And He has! Again and again... Giving thanks...!
I keep praying for you bud... but you've got some studying to do...

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/19/14 at 10:23 PM.
cdynaco is offline  
Old 9/19/14, 10:21 PM
  #20106  
Mustang Fanatic
 
Mustang Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 6, 2012
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 6,679
Likes: 0
Received 416 Likes on 375 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple View Post
You should take her to Maple Grove instead the following weekend....so much more fun!
Well that's next on her list! We were there for the AM show and she along with my youngest daughter both got a taste for the drag racing and want to see the big dogs run! :-)
Mustang Freak is offline  
Old 9/19/14, 10:31 PM
  #20107  
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage
 
Rather B.Blown's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 4, 2007
Location: Just outside the middle of nowhere
Posts: 14,423
Likes: 0
Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco View Post
So while the doubters will doubt, I see an answer to prayer, and the Breath of Jah - God's Holy Ruach at work. I'm not worthy of instant miracles, but I do my best to give God something to bless. And He has! Again and again... Giving thanks...!
I keep praying for you bud... but you've got some studying to do...
I don't doubt, I just have a lot of questions and have been really confused. I know there is a higher power out there, something that we can't fully comprehend, I just can't believe that we evolved from a piece of pond scum that was struck by lightning 5 billion years ago or whatever the hell they say happened.

I'm convinced that there is a divine being of some sort pulling the strings. I''m just not sure I'm one of those strings, I think I'm probably one of the loose end stragglers that you see hanging off of a thread, you know, the one every one snips off to get rid of.
Rather B.Blown is offline  
Old 9/19/14, 10:41 PM
  #20108  
Post *****
 
cdynaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 14, 2007
Location: State of Jefferson Mountains USA
Posts: 16,417
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dang Lee... these LED's are the shizzle for coon hunting! Kelly's been raising a ruckus for about 20 mins. I thought it was the neighbors camping up the ridge but she keeps staring up the tree in back. They can run but they cain't hide... even way up in that Ponderosa!
cdynaco is offline  
Old 9/19/14, 10:53 PM
  #20109  
Post *****
 
cdynaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 14, 2007
Location: State of Jefferson Mountains USA
Posts: 16,417
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown View Post
I'm convinced that there is a divine being of some sort pulling the strings.
I don't see it quite that way. History pretty much shows He lets most things play out. Especially in these later times. The stuff we live through today is proof satan has been permanently kicked out of the heavens and is restricted to the earth as was written long ago. He's just 'wilding' before he is captured and thrown into chains.
Its how WE respond to that - during that - and if WE acknowledge God Almighty as the Boss of the Universe - is what matters to Him... and if we take certain steps of faith - faith based on the knowledge He has provided in His Book - then we have given Him something to bless.
But if we ignore, turn elsewhere, or don't even try to learn about Him from the Book, there is no activity for Him to bless.
I keep saying... by my own personal experience(s) as a discouraged dropout from religionists, that God & His Son come alive - as real living Beings - real personalities - from those pages in His Holy Record that was purposely recorded and left for us to reach out to Him. And they are quite different from the personas put forth by the religionists. Thankfully I never gave up on God, His Son, or His Scriptures - I just graduated from and beyond religion - the "hired man" - after "you will know them by their fruits...", and have been blessed with knowledge and a personal relationship for doing so.
People will never know until they dig into it with diligence - and most won't because of laziness or stumbling/blocking by the evil one.

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/19/14 at 11:04 PM.
cdynaco is offline  
Old 9/19/14, 10:59 PM
  #20110  
NTTAWWT
 
StangMahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 27, 2007
Location: That town you drive through to get to Myrtle Beach
Posts: 11,735
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco View Post
Dang Lee... these LED's are the shizzle for coon hunting! Kelly's been raising a ruckus for about 20 mins. I thought it was the neighbors camping up the ridge but she keeps staring up the tree in back. They can run but they cain't hide... even way up in that Ponderosa!
I bought a light for detailing the cars with a Cree LED bulb. That ****er is so **** bright the glare it casts when I shine it on something is enough to make you see stars. I need to see what it'll do at night!
StangMahn is offline  
Old 9/19/14, 10:59 PM
  #20111  
Mustang Fanatic
 
Mustang Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 6, 2012
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 6,679
Likes: 0
Received 416 Likes on 375 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco View Post
I don't see it quite that way. History pretty much shows He lets most things play out. Especially in these later times. The stuff we live through today is proof satan has been permanently kicked out of the heavens and is restricted to the earth as was written long ago. He's just 'wilding' before he is captured and thrown into chains. Its how WE respond to that - during that - and if WE acknowledge God Almighty as the Boss of the Universe - is what matters to Him... and if we take certain steps of faith - faith based on the knowledge He has provided in His Book - then we have given Him something to bless. But if we ignore, turn elsewhere, or don't even try to learn about Him from the Book, there is no activity for Him to bless. I keep saying... by my own personal experience(s) as a discouraged dropout from religionists, that God & His Son come alive - as real living Beings - real personalities - from those pages in His Holy Record that was purposely recorded and left for us to reach out to Him. People will never know until they dig into it with diligence - and most won't because of laziness or stumbling/blocking by the evil one.
Ok quit trying to blame everything on Obama already will ya!
Mustang Freak is offline  
Old 9/20/14, 06:19 AM
  #20112  
 
phiggs54's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 27, 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,028
Likes: 0
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
i knew a man who drank shoe polish just for the alky content it had ..75 cents for an 8 ounch bottle ..
He could have made a living wiping his **** with people's shoes
phiggs54 is offline  
Old 9/20/14, 07:09 AM
  #20113  
 
phiggs54's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 27, 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,028
Likes: 0
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
The 2000 sq ft garage at our daughter's new house. I could put a lift or two in there. The thing you Love most today-image-775627081.jpg


The thing you Love most today-image-162768723.jpg
phiggs54 is offline  
Old 9/20/14, 08:39 AM
  #20114  
FR500 Member
 
TripleBlack14's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 22, 2014
Location: Rockaway, NJ
Posts: 3,241
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by phiggs54 View Post
The 2000 sq ft garage at our daughter's new house. I could put a lift or two in there. Attachment 164226


Attachment 164227

There's drool over my keyboard. I'd give up a kindey for a garage just 1/2 that size. My entire house isn't even 2000 sq ft.

Such a waste though....not a Mustang in sight.
TripleBlack14 is offline  
Old 9/20/14, 09:15 AM
  #20115  
 
phiggs54's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 27, 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,028
Likes: 0
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14 View Post
There's drool over my keyboard. I'd give up a kindey for a garage just 1/2 that size. My entire house isn't even 2000 sq ft. Such a waste though....not a Mustang in sight.
my son-in-law has offered to store my Boss in his garage.
phiggs54 is offline  
Old 9/20/14, 09:23 AM
  #20116  
Houston xBox Players
Club President
 
NinjaSteffers's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 25, 2011
Location: Houston Tx
Posts: 2,660
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by phiggs54 View Post
my son-in-law has offered to store my Boss in his garage.
I'd offer to store to also (if I had room)
NinjaSteffers is offline  
Old 9/20/14, 10:52 AM
  #20117  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
kcoTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 20, 2011
Location: CenTex...sort of
Posts: 2,686
Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by NinjaSteffers View Post
I drive a jeep! I can't go that fast HAHAHA!

I've gone 80mph and that was sketchy
Yeah, the ones I've had were really struggling to push past 80mph. It's an adventure keeping it in its own lane.
kcoTiger is offline  
Old 9/20/14, 11:40 AM
  #20118  
NTTAWWT
 
StangMahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 27, 2007
Location: That town you drive through to get to Myrtle Beach
Posts: 11,735
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by phiggs54 View Post
The 2000 sq ft garage at our daughter's new house. I could put a lift or two in there. Attachment 164226


Attachment 164227
That's what's up!

Originally Posted by kcoTiger View Post
Yeah, the ones I've had were really struggling to push past 80mph. It's an adventure keeping it in its own lane.
I think the highest we ever drove the 84 was about 72-73. It was scary as hell. Wobbly steering, short wheelbase, and tires you could hear were a couple decades old...
StangMahn is offline  
Old 9/20/14, 11:46 AM
  #20119  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
kcoTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 20, 2011
Location: CenTex...sort of
Posts: 2,686
Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
lol...yeah, the tires were hollering at me and walking all over the highway, wind noise was like a jumbo jet and that was with the soft top up and the windows closed. Uphill into a headwind, forget getting out of 4th gear because anything higher will just keep slowing down further and further.
kcoTiger is offline  
Old 9/20/14, 01:08 PM
  #20120  
Fatboy Loves Fried!
TMS Staff
 
2k7gtcs's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 9, 2007
Posts: 27,987
Received 139 Likes on 119 Posts
For California Patrick



The thing you Love most today-image-2281409263.jpg
2k7gtcs is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The thing you Love most today


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.