Notices
Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

The thing you Hate most today

Old 5/27/17, 02:59 PM
  #36021  
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage
 
Rather B.Blown's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 4, 2007
Location: Just outside the middle of nowhere
Posts: 14,423
Likes: 0
Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
Gregg Allman died.
Rather B.Blown is offline  
Old 5/27/17, 04:32 PM
  #36022  
Mustang Fanatic
 
Mustang Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 6, 2012
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 6,635
Likes: 0
Received 381 Likes on 345 Posts
Just heard that!
Mustang Freak is offline  
Old 5/28/17, 08:11 AM
  #36023  
Mustang Fanatic
 
Mustang Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 6, 2012
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 6,635
Likes: 0
Received 381 Likes on 345 Posts
Jim Bunning died as well!
Mustang Freak is offline  
Old 8/4/17, 09:02 AM
  #36024  
GTR Member
 
Gabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: August 7, 2011
Location: NH
Posts: 4,925
Received 353 Likes on 306 Posts
Went to get the Subaru re-inspected yesterday after putting new front brakes on it (the place we went to with it failed it for front brakes being rusty and supposedly only half the inner pad making contact).
While there, the counter dude came out from the back and told the lady waiting that her car was failing for, you guessed it, brakes. This time it was a '13 Dodge Dart they were failing for the rear brakes being worn, "almost metal to metal" .... But hey, good news, this week they're having a special for only $199 new pads and rotors, installed.
Great, but I showed this pic of the old rotors to a few friends, 2 of which were/are techs, and they both said they shouldn't have failed the car for that.




The pads were wearing OK, caliper slides OK, calipers OK, just the inner rotor surface that was getting grungy.
Pads still had about 3-5mm on them.
I put new pads and rotors on and went back yesterday and got the sticker, but to think of them having this scam going on, really sucks.
The place is highly thought of as being really reputable and then I see them do this crap.
Guess it's the last $20 we spend there.
Gabe is offline  
Old 8/5/17, 03:21 AM
  #36025  
Mustang Fanatic
 
Mustang Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 6, 2012
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 6,635
Likes: 0
Received 381 Likes on 345 Posts
I'm so car maintenance ignorant but the brakes always seem to be a scam everywhere you go. Always seems to need new rotors not just the pads!
Mustang Freak is offline  
Old 11/18/17, 11:52 AM
  #36026  
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage
 
Rather B.Blown's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 4, 2007
Location: Just outside the middle of nowhere
Posts: 14,423
Likes: 0
Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
Malcolm Young died.
Rather B.Blown is offline  
Old 11/18/17, 04:30 PM
  #36027  
Mach 1 Member
 
Rog13GTCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 3, 2012
Location: Indy
Posts: 730
Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown View Post
Malcolm Young died.
That's a bummer, and only 64.
Rog13GTCS is offline  
Old 12/5/17, 03:07 PM
  #36028  
Cobra Member
 
Gravydog316's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 4, 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,467
Received 276 Likes on 250 Posts
Little boy died of organ failure this morning at work because his parents refused to let him get a blood transfusion because they're Jehovah's Witnesses...
Gravydog316 is offline  
Old 12/8/17, 12:57 PM
  #36029  
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage
 
Rather B.Blown's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 4, 2007
Location: Just outside the middle of nowhere
Posts: 14,423
Likes: 0
Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
Stupid ****ing snow.
Rather B.Blown is offline  
Old 12/8/17, 03:06 PM
  #36030  
Cobra Member
 
Gravydog316's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 4, 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,467
Received 276 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Stupid ****ing snow.
You got my present already?!
snow here too lol
Attached Thumbnails The thing you Hate most today-photo62.jpg  

Last edited by Gravydog316; 12/8/17 at 03:07 PM.
Gravydog316 is offline  
Old 12/8/17, 11:22 PM
  #36031  
Cobra R Member
 
shaneyusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 7, 2013
Location: Boise ID
Posts: 1,563
Received 149 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown View Post
Stupid ****ing snow.
Aren't you in the south somewhere?

Snowed here last weekend. Was only around for the morning in town. Sure made the mountains look pretty. All white. Since then it has barely been getting over freezing. Not a cloud in the sky since, so we are getting those December temps. Supposed to get to down to 20 to night and teens the next to nights... Brrrrr
shaneyusa is offline  
Old 12/8/17, 11:44 PM
  #36032  
Cobra Member
 
Gravydog316's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 4, 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,467
Received 276 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Stupid ****ing snow.
(& i was going to say climate change, but you will just blame God, i know...)
Gravydog316 is offline  
Old 12/9/17, 03:07 AM
  #36033  
Fatboy Loves Fried!
TMS Staff
 
2k7gtcs's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 9, 2007
Posts: 27,986
Received 139 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by Gravydog316
(& i was going to say climate change, but you will just blame God, i know...)
Yes because global warming makes it colder in the south so it snows
2k7gtcs is offline  
Old 12/9/17, 03:54 AM
  #36034  
Cobra Member
 
Gravydog316's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 4, 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,467
Received 276 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Yes because global warming makes it colder in the south so it snows
Climate change
that means snow in the south & starving polar bears in the north.
We don't need alternate weather reports.

...or more pollution & richer politicians/businessmen, but I digress.

Last edited by Gravydog316; 12/9/17 at 03:57 AM.
Gravydog316 is offline  
Old 12/9/17, 04:00 AM
  #36035  
Cobra Member
 
Gravydog316's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 4, 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,467
Received 276 Likes on 250 Posts
So, you're admitting God is punishing you with floods, fire, & snow?
(& I won't even mention guns)
Seriously, what is wrong with your brains down there? I don't get it?

Last edited by Gravydog316; 12/9/17 at 04:01 AM.
Gravydog316 is offline  
Old 12/9/17, 09:08 AM
  #36036  
GTR Member
 
GrnT's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 6, 2008
Location: Apple Valley Mn.
Posts: 5,722
Received 91 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by Gravydog316
So, you're admitting God is punishing you with floods, fire, & snow?
(& I won't even mention guns)
Seriously, what is wrong with your brains down there? I don't get it?
Oh sure poke the bear again. Don't Canadians get forest fires and tons of snow also?

I Love snow until Christmas is done. Then I just want it to go away. I just hate the things that come with snow/cold. Like bad drivers, pot holes and salt.
GrnT is offline  
Old 12/9/17, 10:18 AM
  #36037  
Fatboy Loves Fried!
TMS Staff
 
2k7gtcs's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 9, 2007
Posts: 27,986
Received 139 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by Gravydog316
Climate change
that means snow in the south & starving polar bears in the north.
We don't need alternate weather reports.

...or more pollution & richer politicians/businessmen, but I digress.
Tisk tisk tisk

They changed the narrator on you honey. When you were little it was global warming and the Midwest was going to be a dessert and the south was going to be unlivable. The polar ice caps were going to melt and Ted Danson said New York and Miami would be underwater in 10 years. Then when it didn't get any hotter that they could prove, and certainly not any hotter than anyone could notice they covered their asses and called it climate change. So now when something happens like snow in south Texas or no major hurricanes for a decade in the US they can so oh that's not global warming it's climate change. It's starving polar bears in Canada and snow in the south.

It's bull****. The data has been faked. All they have are computer models which they made up to extrapolate their data to their own needs. Climate change is the new flat earth. Wake up sister. It's a religion where if you are an academic and speak against it it's heresy and they burn you at the modern day stake. The climate does change but the difference we are talking about is an appreciable amount caused by man. There were ice ages and warming periods long before the industrial revolution. That climate changes while we were still picking fleas off each other's scalps and eating them.
2k7gtcs is offline  
Old 12/9/17, 11:54 AM
  #36038  
Cobra Member
 
Gravydog316's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 4, 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,467
Received 276 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by GrnT
Oh sure poke the bear again. Don't Canadians get forest fires and tons of snow also?

I Love snow until Christmas is done. Then I just want it to go away. I just hate the things that come with snow/cold. Like bad drivers, pot holes and salt.
Just trying to understand the 'logic'
Forest fires & snow is normal;
lots of snow down south isn't.

We're guilty of being evil by association.
The worst here is the wind that blows right through you.
Almost a non-winter here... melting all month,
but January is the worst month.
Gravydog316 is offline  
Old 12/9/17, 11:58 AM
  #36039  
Cobra Member
 
Gravydog316's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 4, 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,467
Received 276 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Tisk tisk tisk

They changed the narrator on you honey. When you were little it was global warming and the Midwest was going to be a dessert and the south was going to be unlivable. The polar ice caps were going to melt and Ted Danson said New York and Miami would be underwater in 10 years. Then when it didn't get any hotter that they could prove, and certainly not any hotter than anyone could notice they covered their asses and called it climate change. So now when something happens like snow in south Texas or no major hurricanes for a decade in the US they can so oh that's not global warming it's climate change. It's starving polar bears in Canada and snow in the south.

It's bull****. The data has been faked. All they have are computer models which they made up to extrapolate their data to their own needs. Climate change is the new flat earth. Wake up sister. It's a religion where if you are an academic and speak against it it's heresy and they burn you at the modern day stake. The climate does change but the difference we are talking about is an appreciable amount caused by man. There were ice ages and warming periods long before the industrial revolution. That climate changes while we were still picking fleas off each other's scalps and eating them.
Average temperature here now is -15c.
It's -1 right now
stupid god.
Gravydog316 is offline  
Old 12/9/17, 12:29 PM
  #36040  
Cobra Member
 
Gravydog316's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 4, 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,467
Received 276 Likes on 250 Posts
poke
poke
hey bear!
Attached Thumbnails The thing you Hate most today-photo632.jpg  
Gravydog316 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The thing you Hate most today


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.