The thing you Hate most today - Page 11 - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Notices
Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

The thing you Hate most today

Old 11/12/09, 10:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs View Post
A car has to be deserving of a name. It's bestowed on it.
That's my take on it. My Escape is nameless, and my two previous rides (a '79 F-150 and a '93 Ranger) were never officially named by me, although friends and family casually referred to the former as "Dr. Pepper" and the latter as "The Purple Chariot."

I think if I were to ever name a vehicle, I'd tend to think of it more as a 'trusty sidekick' or 'wacky neighbor' than a 'secret mistress' or 'hot girlfriend.'
Old 11/12/09, 10:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BoogieNights View Post
Cecil the Diesel
See, now we're talkin'!
Old 11/12/09, 10:55 PM
Fatboy Loves Fried!
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by zzcoop View Post
That's my take on it. My Escape is nameless, and my two previous rides (a '79 F-150 and a '93 Ranger) were never officially named by me, although friends and family casually referred to the former as "Dr. Pepper" and the latter as "The Purple Chariot."

I think if I were to ever name a vehicle, I'd tend to think of it more as a 'trusty sidekick' or 'wacky neighbor' than a 'secret mistress' or 'hot girlfriend.'
You've obviously never owned a Mercury Mistress...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5sOCEUpGZI

Old 11/12/09, 10:56 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Oh, and in regards to the car-naming thing... I've never really been into it, myself (the wife's new car notwithstanding) but I've always wondered why guys always give their cars female names. It's not like you're going to be porking it or anything. Seems to me a male name wouldn't be any worse. If I were the car-naming sort, I'd tend to approach it as if I were naming a pet or a horse or something. Particularly with a Mustang.

I dunno. Maybe I'm missing something. Nevertheless, if I EVER GET a 'Stang, I may just have to name it 'Soda,' just to spite Gary.
You mentioned naming a horse so I had to say something on it since I raise horses too. There are a lot of names out there for horses as you prolly know. There are some that are out of this world. Sometimes when I see a name of a hrose I think what were they smoking when they named that one. It gets crazy. When the wife and I name our babies born each year we try to incorporate the name of the dad and mom into it. Take for example we have one whos registered name is Smokin XTC. So sometimes that may not be a good thing. Not busting on you or anything just saying.
Old 11/12/09, 10:57 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

See, now we're talkin'!
Yeah my wife hate sthat name but I dont care. LOL She says that the truck looks like a b***** truck anyways. So it doesnt deserve a "manly" name
Old 11/12/09, 11:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

You mentioned naming a horse so I had to say something on it since I raise horses too. There are a lot of names out there for horses as you prolly know. There are some that are out of this world. Sometimes when I see a name of a hrose I think what were they smoking when they named that one. It gets crazy. When the wife and I name our babies born each year we try to incorporate the name of the dad and mom into it. Take for example we have one whos registered name is Smokin XTC. So sometimes that may not be a good thing. Not busting on you or anything just saying.
Understood. The kind of thing I'm thinking is more along the lines of your "classic" names such as 'Trigger' and the like (which are probably as overused as 'Eleanor' and 'Sally' when it comes to names for Mustangs.)
Old 11/12/09, 11:03 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Understood. The kind of thing I'm thinking is more along the lines of your "classic" names such as 'Trigger' and the like (which are probably as overused as 'Eleanor' and 'Sally' when it comes to names for Mustangs.)
I see where you are coming from. To be honest I am actually getting tired of hearing the name Eleanor when it is for a Stang. I think it is overplayed now. Now I havent really heard to many Sally's tho.
Old 11/12/09, 11:04 PM
Fatboy Loves Fried!
TMS Staff

You know, I once knew a horse named Rusty. No offence.
Old 11/12/09, 11:06 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Now thats a cool name that can go in so many ways.

I had a 1970 Ranchero that was named Sid for Sid Viscous cuz it looked mean as he!!.
Old 11/12/09, 11:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

'Sally' just seems like a natural 'go-to' name. As well it should be. Best Wilson Pickett song ever.

Besides, if 'Sally' was good enough for Boomhauer's Mustang, then it's just fine by me.
Old 11/12/09, 11:08 PM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Now this I can relate to. My sister is been into quarter horses (why she doesn't like the whole ones I'll never know) and his registered name is something like sonforgetableaguer if I remember correctly. I know they all have a reason for it, but ****!

As far as the homophobic theory on feminine names it's actually supposed to be good luck, it's the same reason ships and planes were always named after women. I never named any of my cars even though I'm attached to all of them. Guess I'm strange!
Old 11/12/09, 11:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

You know, I once knew a horse named Rusty. No offence.
HA!

See, now that's right up my alley.
Old 11/12/09, 11:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by EagleStroker View Post
As far as the homophobic theory on feminine names it's actually supposed to be good luck, it's the same reason ships and planes were always named after women.
Okay, now that makes sense!
Old 11/12/09, 11:13 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Now this I can relate to. My sister is been into quarter horses (why she doesn't like the whole ones I'll never know) and his registered name is something like sonforgetableaguer if I remember correctly. I know they all have a reason for it, but ****!

As far as the homophobic theory on feminine names it's actually supposed to be good luck, it's the same reason ships and planes were always named after women. I never named any of my cars even though I'm attached to all of them. Guess I'm strange!

Well that one is better than Peptoboonsmal.

I also forgot to say that yeah we name them like that for their registry but we also give them "barn" names as well. Like the one we named Smokin XTC her "barn" name is Tinkerbell
Old 11/12/09, 11:16 PM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Okay, now that makes sense!
'Zactly!

Well that one is better than Peptoboonsmal.

I also forgot to say that yeah we name them like that for their registry but we also give them "barn" names as well. Like the one we named Smokin XTC her "barn" name is Tinkerbell
I've been around TN walkers most of my life so I'm pretty familiar with these, I just get a kick out of some of the peanut rollers official names. He's Sonny to us of course, and takes kindly to gifts of sweet tea and peppermints.
Old 11/12/09, 11:16 PM
Fatboy Loves Fried!
TMS Staff

Well that's the answer then. I named my car Seven for good luck. It's been lucky so far.
Old 11/12/09, 11:18 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Well that's the answer then. I named my car Seven for good luck. It's been lucky so far.
Remember 7 is especially a girls name......or a boys
Old 11/12/09, 11:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

What about Mickey?
Old 11/12/09, 11:22 PM
Fatboy Loves Fried!
TMS Staff

What about Mickey?
I'm not a Yankees fan. Besides he was from Oklahoma anyway.
Old 11/12/09, 11:23 PM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

I'm not a Yankees fan. Besides he was from Oklahoma anyway.
Well you know what they say about people from Oklahoma......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The thing you Hate most today

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.