Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

PULLED OVER

Search this Thread

Old 11/28/04, 07:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone here missed a simple point when getting pulled over by the police. YOU write your own tickets!! Act like a jackass and you're finished. Pull that DWB crap and you're done. Act like a responsible grown up who had a short lapse in judgement and you'll get a verbal.

Stop knocking the guys in blue doing their job, and thank them when they're saving your ****.

my .02
Old 11/28/04, 08:30 PM

Of course, it can't be just bad luck or anything..."the man" is always trying to put you down.

Wonder what it would be if I were pulled over and the cop was unclear on why? ...oh I know. I'd make a post titled: "Got pulled over today just because he wanted to see my car"

...dwb my hiney
Old 11/28/04, 08:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy crap!

I have been DWW for over 20 years...

Driving While White.

Been pulled over several times. Gotten a couple of tickets (before 1990). Deserved it. Got over it.

Learned from it.
Old 11/28/04, 08:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by red454@November 28, 2004, 9:40 PM
Holy crap!

I have been DWW for over 20 years...

Driving While White.

Been pulled over several times. Gotten a couple of tickets (before 1990). Deserved it. Got over it.

Learned from it.
You should have played the race card!
Old 11/28/04, 09:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

I used to drive my 1972 Chevy Impala 400 (pic below) too and from work everyday for about two years and I swear I was pulled over once a week for "looking suspicious". I am White and was in my late 20's at the time. I only received one ticket in that car the whole time I owned it and that was by a Motorcycle Cop for speeding. 50% of the time they would search my car, the rest of the time they would only check me for Intoxication and run my license for warrants. It was Hilarious! Whever I saw a cop and it was dark out, I knew I was getting pulled over!

BTW, my Impala was awesome, sorry I sold it! My friends called it the Cop Magnet.
Old 11/28/04, 09:11 PM

but seriously folks what's all this got to do with MUSTANGS?????????
Old 11/28/04, 09:13 PM

Originally posted by FiaCobra@November 28, 2004, 9:02 PM
Everyone here missed a simple point when getting pulled over by the police. YOU write your own tickets!! Act like a jackass and you're finished. Pull that DWB crap and you're done. Act like a responsible grown up who had a short lapse in judgement and you'll get a verbal.

Stop knocking the guys in blue doing their job, and thank them when they're saving your ****.

my .02
I pretty much agree but don't give me this "their just doing their job" crap. :bang:
Are they still doing their job when they pull over one of their friends, family member, other cops/firemen, AND LET THEM GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scratch: In the dictionary under hypocrate it says cops.
Old 11/28/04, 09:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by HairyCanary@November 28, 2004, 4:57 PM
There also seems to be an obvious answer to this problem. Use the fogs only when its foggy?
Except they're not fog lights. Too high up to do any good in the fog.

Old 11/28/04, 10:07 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I owned a 69 dodge charger at one time ,383 magnum ,factory glass pack duel exaust,bright canary yellow ,white interior ,black vinyl roof.It was so loud both in color and sound that I had to give myself a extra 1/2 hour driving from one point to another because I know I would get pulled over by a cop .Most of them just wanted to see the car inside and out and I belive the same was true for you .
Having a new mustang that so few are out on the road now like that ,I would expect that to happen for a while untill more show up on the road .
Old 11/29/04, 07:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

I had never heard of DWB, but so what? First of all I doubt that is why you were pulled over, but big deal if you are/were doing nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about. Besides, I thought fog lamps were for fog?
Old 11/29/04, 07:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by BlueStangVert@November 28, 2004, 9:24 AM
I think they just wanted to see your car. How many vehicles on the market have foglamps?
Your right, I have been pulled over twice once by a traffic cop the second by a cruser. The cop in the curser said he just wanted to know what he will be chasing next. LOL
Both officers were very respectful.
Old 11/29/04, 07:52 AM
Cobra R Member

As far as topic... "I was driving my '05"

for the officer not being able to see who was behind the wheel... The cop was doing 40mph in a 45, I passed him to his left doing 45mph. I could see out of the corner of my eye him looking over... Ya know, It may have been the lights to initially grab his attention, but you can tell by looking at a dash highbeams were not on, and that was the first thing he had mentioned... I'm not claiming to be a mind reader, to determine what was on the officer's mind, but when you have black cops in the area complaining about profiling heading to work, it makes me a little nervous.

pulling the race card... If only some you knew me personally... that is the farthest thing from my mind. Being stopped on a few other occassions, you beging to see a pattern on certain stops where it is appearent that the suspicious reason they stopped you does not pan out. You get a weird feeling when you feel you are being wronged... I don't know how to explain it, without having you guys tag along with me for a day. No chips on my shoulders... just, I don't know... -I'll leave it at that.
Just blew off some steam for what I felt was a bogus stop. There is always two sides to a story, it is unfair to continue w/o the other half.
Old 11/29/04, 08:18 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Kahdir@November 29, 2004, 6:55 AM
...you beging to see a pattern on certain stops where it is appearent that the suspicious reason they stopped you does not pan out...
The reason did pan out. He looked at your car.
Old 11/29/04, 08:51 AM
mav
GT Member

Old 11/29/04, 09:04 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by mav@November 29, 2004, 9:54 AM
In Miami, I rarely get stopped and when I do its a legit reason, mostly speeding. I know I did something wrong, I will admit it and I should get a ticket. No big deal, I fax it to my lawyer and he takes care of it.

But when I travel north to Fort Lauderdale, I get stopped very often and for no reason. I've been stopped and ticketed for having illegal blue headlights even though its OEM Bi-Xenon HIDs, illegal brake lights even though its OEM Red LEDs, illegal window tints, car being too low, loud exhaust, loud stereo, speeding (37MPH in a 35MPH zone), display of speed and my favorite... "hot *******" whatever that means. I was threatened with jailed when I replied that I did not know what I did wrong when the cop asked me. I've been asked, "What's your kind doing here?"

When I lived in Fort Lauderdale for 8 horrible months in 2002, I received a total of 13 citations during that period even though I was conscious of my speed, acceleration and driving. This and other reasons were why I moved back to Miami.

BTW, I'm Asian. So if thats not racial profiling then I don't know what is.
That is worse than profiling. That's just blatant racism/bigotry.
Old 11/29/04, 09:21 AM
Bullitt Member

I got stopped 4 times in the first 5 days I had my 05. The first time was at a RIDE spotcheck. The cops asked me a tonne of questions about the car as the line up behind me grew. Finally, after 5-6 minutes I said I better get going, he asked to let them hear the exhaust as I left so I opened it up. I could see them nodding at each other in my rearview. I guess he knew I hadn't been drinking because thats the only questiom he didn't ask The next time I was approached by the "special pursuit team" sargeant as I pulled in to a cofee shop. He pulled up beside me and asked if I had a couple free minutes. Having just blown a civic at the last lights, I was somewhat nervous. Turns out his team is thinking of getting an 05, and wanted my input. We talked about the car for 1/2 hour, then he thanked me for the time. The other two times were also regarding questions about the car. My wife has taken the car out 3 times, pulled over once, for no front licence plate (req. by law). She told him its her husbands car, he said no prob. In all my other encounters the front plate sitting on my passenger seat instead of on the bumper was never mentioned, despite at least a dozen officers admiring the front grill and the interior.
My point is I hope DWB was not the factor in your getting pulled over, but more a case of curiousity. I know the police up here seem to love the car!
Old 11/29/04, 10:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

This guy pulled me over, nice guy. Very straight forward but as you can tell by his car door the entire department is great.
Old 11/29/04, 10:10 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by vwAirCooled@November 29, 2004, 11:07 AM

That is worse than profiling. That's just blatant racism/bigotry.
Yes :bang:
Old 11/29/04, 10:13 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Thanks for not letting this get out of hand guys and girls.

proceed in off topic
Old 11/29/04, 05:05 PM

Fog lights are called fog lights because they're meant for driving in fog.

Remember: driving in clear weather with fogs ON, BAD. Driving in clear weather with fogs OFF, GOOD.

If you feel the need to drive with your fogs ON in clear weather, you are either:

1. Overdriving the piece of road you are on, thereby endangering yourself and others

2. In need of an eyeglass perscription and thus overdriving the road etc. etc.

3. Trying to look cool, thereby endangering others who can't see through your glare

I don't know about state-by-state law but I do know you can be ticketed for unnecessary fogs in every state I've ever lived in, which is most of 'em (not PA though).

Turn your frickin' fog lights off; maybe you won't get pulled over again.

Racism? Not likely. Tempest in a Teapot? Probably.

As I've come up in the variety of hot rods I've owned, I've NEVER been pulled over without good reason, and several times been let go without a ticket. And I'm SURE it's not because I'm white. 110 in a 35 is 110 in a 35 no matter how you look at it.

Now, for those of you working yourself up to self-righteous indignation and composing your flaming replies, think about this: before you climb on to your high horse, does it ever occur to you how stupid some of your whines look, and do you ever wonder how much self restraint is exercised by large numbers of the readership of this forum when you go off making ridiculous claims of racism over being pulled over for driving with your fog lights on? Makes me wonder why cops go to work, day after day...

Quick Reply: PULLED OVER