Search this Thread

Old 11/28/04, 10:57 AM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i agree
Old 11/28/04, 11:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Would be best served by letting it go. Did you ever hear win the battle lose the war. You are right he most likely had no reason to pull you over. Most likely thought you had your brights on. Once he realized he made a mistake that should of been the end of it. But now you will come out of this OK except.....the next time that person in the new Mustang goes by 5 MPH over guess what? That person in the new Mustang will get a ticket and that person will be you.
Old 11/28/04, 11:12 AM
GT Member

I presume it was foggy, right?

~~ Paul
Old 11/28/04, 11:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Not to ask a dumb question here but if it was dark and a driver had his lights and fogs on, how in heck can a cop tell what race the driver is?

Seems to me that it would be dang near impossible to see that the driver was ANY color at all after it gets dark?
Old 11/28/04, 11:18 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by SeniorStang+November 28, 2004, 10:43 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SeniorStang @ November 28, 2004, 10:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-BlueStangVert@November 28, 2004, 9:24 AM
I think they just wanted to see your car. How many vehicles on the market have foglamps?
I realize most cars now days have fog lamps; ...but how many have fog lamps displayed as prominently as the new Stang ???

On the subject of profiling: I wish I had a buck for each time one of my my protectors (read that "police officers") did a u-turn after passing me going the other way (my darned Vert almost always seems to be going a bit over the speed limit), follows me a while then approaches only to see my grey beard (read that: "grey beard") and peels off to look for easier pickin's. I suspect he (or she) is looking for someone who, given a bit of time, will do something really stupid. [/b][/quote]
LOL, I have had exactly those same experiences! I think I've actually gotten out of two speeding tickets (in two different states!), because the officer thought he was pulling over a kid, and once he got a load of me and my gray hair and beard, he was almost apologetic!
Old 11/28/04, 11:24 AM
FR500 Member

There's no question you are going to get undue attention right now driving one of these. I had a Highway Patrolman stand and stare at me from the roadside when I was stuck in traffic, he finally gave me a thumbs up. Twice when I was at the side of the road, I've had patrol cars pull up next to me and tell me they were admiring my ride. I only have 550 mile on it.
Old 11/28/04, 11:25 AM
Bullitt Member

We have guards over here protecting the American communities from terrorists, and on the whole, they do a fine job.

But I got stopped the other day, when my kids had missed their bus (a 1:10000 event) and I was driving them to school. These idiots didn't pull out the mirror to inspect underneath the car or anything, they just asked me to pop the hood, and when I stood to the side, they motioned me over to ask me questions. :bang:

I told them "Guys, its got 300 horses, and my kids are late for school." They apologized, and I had to let it go, cause they could have faked it, made everyone get out, pop the trunk, etc.

So they were honest about abusing their position.....there is a good one for philosophy class.

It didn't happen again, so it was not worth the hassle to complain -- which would probably have no effect.
Old 11/28/04, 12:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
i got pulled over and ticketed for having an "illegal muffler" on my Honda. It's stupid. He just saw the big spoiler i had on it (no longer on it and no more exhaust). :angry:
Old 11/28/04, 12:31 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by dustindu4@November 28, 2004, 5:09 PM
Pulling the race card is pretty gay. Maybe they thought it was unsafe to drive with a big chip on your shoulder.
Like using the word "Gay" as a derogatory remark isn't "Profiling"?

To Quote Ron White, from The Blue Colar Comedy Tour:
<span style='color:#FF0000'>"That's Profilin'............ and Profilin's Wrong!"

</span>
Old 11/28/04, 12:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Oh, this is gonna get stupid. Is there any possible way you were stopped for anything YOU did wrong? Let me guess, he was white, blonde hair and blue eyes too???? When does this crap ever stop... Have you EVER been in a patrol car maybe riding along with a Police Officer? Ask to take a ride, maybe a White cop, and see what ACTUALLY goes on doing the job.
Old 11/28/04, 01:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by HUGLE@November 28, 2004, 12:48 PM
Oh, this is gonna get stupid. Is there any possible way you were stopped for anything YOU did wrong? Let me guess, he was white, blonde hair and blue eyes too???? When does this crap ever stop... Have you EVER been in a patrol car maybe riding along with a Police Officer? Ask to take a ride, maybe a White cop, and see what ACTUALLY goes on doing the job.
Did you not even read the original posting? Guessing by this flame/troll remark, I'm guessing NOT. He got stopped because of his FOG LIGHTS, whch the officer then couldn't produce ANY law concerning it in the first place. :nono:
Old 11/28/04, 01:12 PM
Bullitt Member

OK, stubbies, your right....................
Old 11/28/04, 01:23 PM
Cobra Member

It wasn't racial profiling. That is ridiculous. He wanted to look at your car.
Old 11/28/04, 01:29 PM
Bullitt Member

I believe that is the case as well, just a cop that wanted to see the car up close. He made up an excuse as to why he pulled him over not guessing that his bluff would be called.

Instead of being more honest about it, he tries to find a law that doesn't exist to back up his claim instead of just coming out and saying he wanted to see the car.

So instead of a possible complaint for being pulled over for no reason, he is going to deal with a profiling complaint. Hope the cop learns something out of it.
Old 11/28/04, 01:32 PM

WOW all I can say is that the original post is major

As one of the resident cops that occasionally posts to this site I have to add my imput......
I think is was already said but...

...... Night time with 4 lights burning in a moving vehicle???????????

I seriously doubt that there is any way that that cop knew that you were black. You may never know why he pulled you over, maybe they were too bright oncoming. Its something new, remember that. It threw me off the first time I saw it at night also. So you may not know why. You didnt get cited, or any piece of paper. It may have been a mistake. There may have been a totality of circumstances that led to your stop that you have no clue about.

And for the complaint.... I'm sure that officer appreciates that. Remember that complaint the next time you call for a cop to handle a situation that you cant or wont. Oh yeah, and remember to file another one when he comes to help you. Your complaint is completely unfounded, and any good supervisor would find the same and polietly tell you to pound sand.

Sorry to all about the tone of my reply, but it really pissed me off.

Gary
Old 11/28/04, 01:38 PM
Bullitt Member

So you think it's ok for the cops to pull someone over for fog lights, even when there isn't a law about it where he lives? Instead of apologizing to him and letting him go on his way, they just tie up MORE of his time trying to find a law, and failing to to justify the stop in the first place Gary?

Notice I am leaving the whole profiling issue out of it, and just going off the basics of the stop and justification in and of itself. I can understand you being in the LE community and all, but if a cop makes a mistake, he should just own up to it and press on, not to force a bad angle in a vain attempt at justification.

Just my .02
Old 11/28/04, 01:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

They probably look like illegal 'hella' type auxilary lights the first few times an officer sees them. All the stupid ricers with blue bulbs, neons, and other ignorant stuff on thier cars make officers more sensitive to stuff that is 'out of the ordinary'. Prolly has never seen an 05 before.
Old 11/28/04, 01:42 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm not commenting either way on the DWB issue, but aren't they REALLY strict in PA when it comes to cars?
I was told you have to have your car inspected twice a year and they even look for holes in the seats!
Anything bigger than a quarter had to be repaired to pass.

Jason
Old 11/28/04, 01:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

PA is big time against illegal aftermarket crap. The fogs were just bright so he figured they were rigged on the car illegally. end of story.
Old 11/28/04, 01:54 PM
Bullitt Member

There also seems to be an obvious answer to this problem. Use the fogs only when its foggy?

Quick Reply: PULLED OVER