The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic Chatter (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f649/)
-   -   PC Gaming nerd thread! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f649/pc-gaming-nerd-thread-520078/)

texastboneking 3/26/13 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 (Post 6586707)

I'm still waiting for this list. Because PC titles are very limited. Enlighten me with a list of games you play

Got the pc this year. Just recently started getting games for it.

L4d2
Portal2
Arma3
Borderlands2
Team fortress2
Grand theft auto iv
Blacklight retribution
Call of duty 4
Tribes:ascend
Minecraft
Microsoft flight simulator x
Age of empires 3
All of the comand and conquer series (five seperate game titles)

Thats it for now but there are tons more

11SHELBYGT500 3/26/13 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by texastboneking (Post 6586712)

Got the pc this year. Just recently started getting games for it.

L4d2-Xbox
Portal2-Xbox
Arma3
Borderlands2-Xbox
Team fortress2-Xbox
Grand theft auto iv-Xbox
Blacklight retribution
Call of duty 4-Xbox
Tribes:ascend
Minecraft-Xbox
Microsoft flight simulator x
Age of empires 3
All of the comand and conquer series (five seperate game titles)some on Xbox

Thats it for now but there are tons more

Theres only one thats not on Xbox that barely peeks my interest.

I want a list of PC only games

11SHELBYGT500 3/26/13 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by steven46746 (Post 6586694)

Think any console game but x10 better looking and double to quadruple the frame rate.

How old are you Steven?

texastboneking 3/26/13 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 (Post 6586718)

Theres only one thats not on Xbox that barely peeks my interest.

I want a list of PC only games

You can search just as good as i can :poke:

steven46746 3/26/13 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 (Post 6586721)

How old are you Steven?

How old are you Shelby? We're the facts not worded well enough for you?

11SHELBYGT500 3/26/13 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by steven46746 (Post 6586729)

How old are you Shelby? We're the facts not worded well enough for you?

I'm 43 and you?

steven46746 3/26/13 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 (Post 6586751)

I'm 43 and you?

24, well that explains it, eyes going out on ya ;) jk jk

11SHELBYGT500 3/26/13 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by steven46746 (Post 6586757)

24, well that explains it, eyes going out on ya ;) jk jk

It does explain it, but the other way around. I have a theory and its probably correct. You're spoiled Steven, you've been spoiled on better graphics. If you were around for the beginning like I was, graphics wouldn't be that important to you. You were born into a world were video games were already well established. You've never known a world without video games, I have. You're too hung up on graphics, bro.

texastboneking 3/26/13 09:46 PM

I figured he was just a pc fanboy :heh:

steven46746 3/27/13 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 (Post 6586760)

It does explain it, but the other way around. I have a theory and its probably correct. You're spoiled Steven, you've been spoiled on better graphics. If you were around for the beginning like I was, graphics wouldn't be that important to you. You were born into a world were video games were already well established. You've never known a world without video games, I have. You're too hung up on graphics, bro.

Actually started out on Nintendo, not sure if you consider that good graphics, or are we talking back to pong here? Like I said before I played only the consoles up to a couple years ago. And again it's 2013, yes the content in games is important, but at this point should we have to choose between great content or great graphics? Why not both? I think this is case of "you don't know what your missing". You've never drove this Bugatti ;)

Moustang 3/27/13 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 (Post 6586760)

I'm a year older than you and I still like my graphics.

In fact, most games can still be broken down into the basics of maze games, RPGs, and twitch shooters. (Not counting sports or racing games obviously) The gameplay really hasn't changed all that much, the primary change in games over the past 30 years has been in graphics.

Most FPS games are still maze games. Find the path and shoot a few things while walking through it. Make it 2D and add a few jumps and you have every platformer ever made. RPGs are pen&paper Dungeons and Dragons but with graphics. Twitch shooters can cross a range of game genres now, but the gameplay is still "spot the enemy and shoot it as fast as you can" which goes all the way back to asteroids.

So, if all you care about is gameplay and not graphics then you should still be gaming on an Atari 2600 or an NES. The games since aren't all that different in gameplay, it's primarily the graphics that have improved.

And I can assure you, be it my PC, my Xbox 360, or my PS3, I own these systems because of the improvements in graphics, not because the games themselves are any better than what could be found on the PS2, Dreamcast, N64, or PS1 which I owned before them. And when I buy the PS4 or next generation Xbox, it won't be because of any advances in gameplay.

And yes, Steven is technically correct. I buy consoles for console exclusives. If the game is also on the PC I'll get the PC version for the graphics improvements (Higher res, added AA, and higher frame rates) What it ultimately boils down to is games, and I will get the games on whatever system does them best.

11SHELBYGT500 3/27/13 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by steven46746 (Post 6586955)

Actually started out on Nintendo, not sure if you consider that good graphics, or are we talking back to pong here? Like I said before I played only the consoles up to a couple years ago. And again it's 2013, yes the content in games is important, but at this point should we have to choose between great content or great graphics? Why not both? I think this is case of "you don't know what your missing". You've never drove this Bugatti ;)

Originally Posted by Moustang (Post 6586983)

I'm a year older than you and I still like my graphics.

In fact, most games can still be broken down into the basics of maze games, RPGs, and twitch shooters. (Not counting sports or racing games obviously) The gameplay really hasn't changed all that much, the primary change in games over the past 30 years has been in graphics.

Most FPS games are still maze games. Find the path and shoot a few things while walking through it. Make it 2D and add a few jumps and you have every platformer ever made. RPGs are pen&paper Dungeons and Dragons but with graphics. Twitch shooters can cross a range of game genres now, but the gameplay is still "spot the enemy and shoot it as fast as you can" which goes all the way back to asteroids.

So, if all you care about is gameplay and not graphics then you should still be gaming on an Atari 2600 or an NES. The games since aren't all that different in gameplay, it's primarily the graphics that have improved.

And I can assure you, be it my PC, my Xbox 360, or my PS3, I own these systems because of the improvements in graphics, not because the games themselves are any better than what could be found on the PS2, Dreamcast, N64, or PS1 which I owned before them. And when I buy the PS4 or next generation Xbox, it won't be because of any advances in gameplay.

And yes, Steven is technically correct. I buy consoles for console exclusives. If the game is also on the PC I'll get the PC version for the graphics improvements (Higher res, added AA, and higher frame rates) What it ultimately boils down to is games, and I will get the games on whatever system does them best.

You guys are talking like consoles have bottom feeder graphics, which is ridiculous.

...and if you guys are so interested in the "best" why did you guys get the "console" version of the mustang?? :imjustkidding:p

steven46746 3/27/13 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 (Post 6587134)

You guys are talking like consoles have bottom feeder graphics, which is ridiculous.

...and if you guys are so interested in the "best" why did you guys get the "console" version of the mustang?? :imjustkidding:p

If you tried, then seen the difference you might agree, bottom feeding.

11SHELBYGT500 3/27/13 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by steven46746 (Post 6587143)

I play PC games and you guys are crazy

Flagstang 3/27/13 10:42 AM

I find the xbox game play to be better.

11SHELBYGT500 3/27/13 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by steven46746 (Post 6587143)

No wonder it's taking you so long to finish Skyrim, you're too busy looking at the grass. :jester:p I picture you just walking around in amazement LOL

Flagstang 3/27/13 10:50 AM

:lol:

Moustang 3/27/13 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 (Post 6587134)

Current consoles have graphics chips from 2005. They aren't quite "bottom feeders" as they are better than trying to game on a tablet or smartphone, but a 4 year old PC is still a full generation ahead of them in technologies and capabilities.

Console are BUDGET gaming systems, and you most definitely get what you pay for.

Nothing says you've lost the ability to debate intelligently quite like trying to make a personal insult. Children on playgrounds do it all of the time. And you're how old again?

Von Bek 3/27/13 11:00 AM

For me, the differences between consoles and PCs is the controls. I won't play a FPS on a console, and I didn't buy Tomb Raider for my PC. Starcraft 2 isn't even available on console but they are finally getting Diablo 3. I wouldn't want to play Uncharted on PC, but they are awesome games. But looking at numbers, I have like 5 PS3 games compared to over 15 on my PC. And that's just the ones I have installed, not all the ones I own.

steven46746 3/27/13 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500 (Post 6587151)

No wonder it's taking you so long to finish Skyrim, you're too busy looking at the grass. :jester:p I picture you just walking around in amazement LOL

And your left to wonder how much better it could/can be. Wanted a new car, not a used cobra/Shelby ;)