Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

The Nintendo Revolution

Search this Thread

Old 12/9/05, 04:52 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Whats the joke about Lalos nachos?

How would Arin know if they are edible or not?
Old 12/9/05, 05:57 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
The date seems to be Nov . 06
Old 12/9/05, 06:26 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Boomer@December 9, 2005, 5:00 PM
The date seems to be Nov . 06
It seems long from now... but I'm sure when it's released it will be problem free
Old 12/9/05, 06:27 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by thezeppelin8@December 9, 2005, 5:21 PM
How did I know that my Nachos were going to come up?!

One of these days Arin... one of these days : shaking fist ::
::grabs fist::

:shakes vigourously::

your very welcome ol' chap!

in all seriousness (ha!) we were discussing the amazing capabilities of the Revolution controller. i just wanted to know how close to impossible it was able to go....

Old 12/9/05, 06:28 PM
Post *****

oh and Chris the nacho joke is about how inferior Lalo's Nachos are to my own creation :P
Old 12/9/05, 06:36 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by Knight@December 9, 2005, 3:55 PM
Whats the joke about Lalos nachos?

How would Arin know if they are edible or not?
He's just jealous because I make the best Nachos on the board... I'm planning on making a poll in the near future comparing Arin's Nachos and my nachos... I'll even let him remake that sorry excuse of a plate of nachos he created some time ago.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=281704

Thinking about the revolution, they better have a good selection of games by Nov.
Old 12/9/05, 06:51 PM
Post *****

they will, dont worry. there splenty of time for great games (duck hunt II?!?!!) to be made

and what you see there is arin's Nachos light

your unworthy eyes have not yet witness the full power of my cooking abilities :P
Old 12/9/05, 07:14 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Duck Hunt II
Old 12/10/05, 05:05 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
After reviewing the recipes of both Nachos....

I deem Lalos, The Offical Nacho of TMS!
Old 12/10/05, 06:55 PM
Post *****

<_<

looks can be decieving

and he didnt list the rat poison that he sticks in either....
Old 12/10/05, 10:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Dude, arin... I think you just uttered the 3 most intelligent words i've ever read on TMS.

DUCK. HUNT. II. (two )

My god! Why didn't i think of that!!!! A sequel to duck hunt. Honestly, that would be a HUUUUGE success with people my age who grew up on that game. Like, a drunken house party just wouldn't be a party without a Nintendo Revolution. It would be ALL THE RAGE. haha, that expression is funny.

Seriously though, I've never bought or been gifted a console, ever. My parents weren't down with them, I agreed with them eventually too... I got to play those things pretty often anyways, since pretty much all my friends had them, from NES all the way up to XBOX, I've had somebody who i could mooch off of. Kinda like cell phones...

Anyways, I thought about buying an N64 when the game cube came out, mainly just for goldeneye. I didn't go for it, but now we actually have an N64 in the Mech Eng lounge at my school. Goldeneye is the main game, but there's one guy who loves Mario T(ennis). That thing has caused me to miss way too many classes, but at the same time, one of my profs has agreed to a match of Goldeneye some day.

But ya, so i've never bought anything, but I seriously think I'm gonna get a revolution, and that's cause of this classic game thing. Like holy crap! To me, that's gonna be the huge selling point for this thing. The people who can afford consoles for themselves all grew up on NES and SNES games, I think they'll be jumping all over this thing. The only games i have on my computer are SNES emulator games. Come on! MegaMan, Super Mario World, Mario Kart, Super Metroid!!! You can't beat those games, however many ghz or mb you got.

People in the 20 to 30 year old range will love being able to play all these familiar games, but all on one console. In fact, the first week back at school in january is gonna have an old school video game theme. I just hope they make the old games easy to access and play. Like i hope they don't charge you every time you play one or something... maybe they'll even make those games free! But ya, if it ain't dead easy for a drunk guy to sit on a couch and start playing Street Fighter 2 in a couple seconds, it won't work out so well.

The controller is definitely the big thing though i guess. Nintendo's always been pretty interesting with the controllers. Remember when the N64 came out?! Three handles, a joy stick, a trigger button. so sweet... I can't wait to see how a first person shooter will work. Like you'll use the gun to aim, will you use one of the button's to actually turn around? Like on a computer, you move the mouse and that makes you look around, and your cross hair is always in the middle. With this, would the cross hair move to wherever you're pointing? and then would the screen move if you moved the cross hair over to the edge of the screen or something? I guess there are probably a bunch of people working trying to figure that one out now.

Anyway, i really can't wait to see this thing come out.
Old 12/10/05, 10:13 PM
Cobra R Member

oh ya... i forgot to say this. About a year ago, i had this amazing idea, that i feel is kinda included in the revolution controller, but i guess not really... Anyway, my idea was that, well, its kinda annoying when you're playing a game with typical controllers, how you have to hold both your hands out front together. If you're really tired or drunk, this gets really annoying. You really just wanna let your arms flop down on your sides. So why couldn't they just make a split controller, like cut a PS2 controller down the middle, attach a chord between the two, long enough so that the lazy among us could finally give there tired arms a break.

or is this just a bit too lazy.

Either way, its cool to see the revolution will have that secondary controller thing in a way that your hands will be free from eachother.
Old 12/10/05, 11:03 PM
I'm people, and I like.

just read an article, and EA is very interested in Nintendo!

Can't wait to see what EA can come up with, with the new gameplay format.
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/674/674617p1.html
Old 12/11/05, 12:18 PM
Post *****

jeff, first of all, you're the first person to tell me i sed something intelligent on TMS

and second, i think ur onto something with that split controller... hhmmm

and i can totally picture a bunch of drunkards at a party shooting at ducks that are being projected onto a wall on the side of a house at night and then getting pissed cuz they cant hit a damned thing and shooting at the dog when he laughs... oh man, i'd love that!

im really starting to sway from Sony to Nintendo... i mean last nite, i couldnt even watch a DVD on it... grrr... so it was back to Super Smash Bros :P