The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic Chatter (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f649/)
-   -   New Home Construction Begins (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f649/new-home-construction-begins-545131/)

SpectreH 1/28/18 03:17 PM

New Home Construction Begins

3 Attachment(s)
After months of looking for a lot, choosing a builder, getting financing approved, and getting permits, etc, our new home construction has begun. We'll have 2, two-car garages, the largest being 30x31 feet. The lot itself is 2 acres and the back porch will face west for beautiful Oklahoma sunsets by the pool.

Mustang Freak 1/28/18 07:59 PM

Wow sounds great! Look forward to seeing it built! :nice:

Gabe 1/29/18 06:26 AM

Awesome, congrats!
Keep posting updates, I love seeing house builds going on.
My wife and I bought a fixer-upper split-entry house in Dec '14, spent the next 7-8 months renovating it, had the kitchen, bathroom, and sunroom to bare studs before fully re-doing the whole house, new driveway, front lawn re-worked ..... yeah, tons of work and money.
So yeah, keep them updates coming! :)

SpectreH 1/29/18 07:54 AM

We are being told 7-9 months for completion. I'll take lots of pics, but unlike my last house, I won't be able to do it daily. The new house will be 25 miles south of work, and my current apartment in 30 miles north of the office.

SpectreH 2/3/18 05:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Slab is ready to be poured. Plumbing is in the ground now. I noticed a sticker on one of the pipes indicating the city had inspected and approved of the work at this point.

SpectreH 2/13/18 04:14 PM

6 Attachment(s)
It warmed up enough to pour the slab today. One thing I noticed this builder does different from others I have seen is that he has 3/8 or 1/2" bolts (threaded rod?) embedded in the concrete to bolt the frame down. Most I have seen use thin metal straps.

2k7gtcs 2/13/18 06:21 PM

Anchor bolts or sometimes called j bolts

I would hope to hell on a slab on grade like that it has them. Should be no more than 4' apart.

SpectreH 2/14/18 06:23 AM

Our lot is fairly flat, but it is windy here in OK. It isn't uncommon to have 30 mph winds with 50 mph gusts.

SpectreH 3/4/18 11:16 AM

6 Attachment(s)
We finally have some framing done on the house. Due to rain and an ice storm, we only had about 4.5 days out of 10 to get any real work done. Next week is looking good so far.

Rog13GTCS 3/6/18 05:13 PM

Very nice. Looks like you have a large lot.

SpectreH 3/6/18 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rog13GTCS (Post 7026305)
Very nice. Looks like you have a large lot.

Thanks! The lot is 2 acres with a deep ravine in the back that should give us privacy.

Mustang Freak 3/7/18 02:05 AM

Looking good will it be a four car garage? :nice:

David Young 3/7/18 03:04 AM

WOW!!! Your builders are fast :)

SpectreH 3/7/18 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak (Post 7026310)
Looking good will it be a four car garage? :nice:

Yes, 4 car garage, with the larger being 30 x 31.

Originally Posted by David Young (Post 7026311)
WOW!!! Your builders are fast :)

Well, we are looking at August/September for moving in, so not that fast :)

carfreak666 3/9/18 07:18 AM

Nice Lot... Congrats and Good Luck!

SpectreH 3/24/18 12:29 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Been a while since I updated. Framing is done, and roofing should finish today, plus the Corvair had to check out its future home on such a nice day.

Scarpi 3/24/18 02:56 PM

Beautiful house and I like all the land around it. Down here in the Phoenix area all the new houses are built practically on top of each other. If you go out in your back yard and fart the neighbors will hear you. Maybe that's why the neighbors don't talk to me??:D

2k7gtcs 3/24/18 03:54 PM

Ballin'!

:nice:

Rather B.Blown 3/24/18 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Scarpi (Post 7027104)
Beautiful house and I like all the land around it. Down here in the Phoenix area all the new houses are built practically on top of each other. If you go out in your back yard and fart the neighbors will hear you. Maybe that's why the neighbors don't talk to me??:D

:rofl2:

SpectreH 5/20/18 05:26 PM

4 Attachment(s)
It's been a while since I posted here on the house. Things are moving along, and should pick up pace soon. Electrical rough-in complete, AC/Heat system in, plumbing is 98% (gas tie-in to the water heaters and two drains need their vent pipes run), and video/sound/network wiring done. Security system guy needs to do his thing, then the house can be inspected so that insulation, drywall, and masonry can begin. Masonry scheduled to start on Wednesday, May 30.