Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Here's why I'll never buy anything from VMP

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/17, 03:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
The thing is, VMP now has a high-profile employee that likes to make very-public questionable videos, many of which are not funny, but rather insulting.
This shows poorly on VMP and the type of people they choose to associate with, and especially to put on their payroll to represent their company.
If you choose to ignore this and buy products from them anyway, then so be it, it's your option to do so.
There are obviously many that won't do that.
Regardless of which camp you're in, resorting to insults and put-downs toward the other "camp" is childish and certainly uncalled for.
Reminds me of all the political B.S. ... as soon as a Trump supporter doesn't like what somebody says, that person is automatically a "snowflake" or "libtard".
And really, there's enough political talk elsewhere, we don't need anymore of it on here, and I'm already sorry I brought it up.
The following 2 users liked this post by Gabe:
MRGTX (8/9/17), Sarge (8/9/17)
Old 8/8/17, 05:43 PM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Everyone's offended over everything these days

Last edited by fourdegrees11; 8/8/17 at 05:49 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by fourdegrees11:
Stage_3 (8/9/17), trackpack13gt (8/8/17)
Old 8/8/17, 07:17 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Originally Posted by fourdegrees11

Everyone's offended over everything these days
LMAO!!!
Old 8/8/17, 08:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
The thing is, VMP now has a high-profile employee that likes to make very-public questionable videos, many of which are not funny, but rather insulting.
This shows poorly on VMP and the type of people they choose to associate with, and especially to put on their payroll to represent their company.
If you choose to ignore this and buy products from them anyway, then so be it, it's your option to do so.
There are obviously many that won't do that.
Regardless of which camp you're in, resorting to insults and put-downs toward the other "camp" is childish and certainly uncalled for.
Reminds me of all the political B.S. ... as soon as a Trump supporter doesn't like what somebody says, that person is automatically a "snowflake" or "libtard".
And really, there's enough political talk elsewhere, we don't need anymore of it on here, and I'm already sorry I brought it up.
This is what's wrong with America. Sensitive people having their feelings hurt and the silencing of others through censoring and legal action.

It's time for people to grow some ***** and stop being offended. His MGW video was hilarious and frankly I am more likely to buy a VMP.
The following users liked this post:
Stage_3 (8/9/17)
Old 8/8/17, 08:57 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Well I will say this

At least this is in the right forum

I think the OP posted an informative, opinionated take on the situation as to let others know what's going on if they choose to take heed of it is completely up to the reader. As far as I can tell it's truthful obviously and for those that are concerned with topics such as this, they are now informed. And those that don't care can simply look if they wish and ignore it if they wish and move on.

Everyone thinks something is funny until the joke is on them eventually.

And yes there are many varying degrees of sensitivity in the world.

But personal attacks between members in this thread or any other will not be tolerated.

If you don't like it move along.
The following 3 users liked this post by 2k7gtcs:
Gabe (8/8/17), MRGTX (8/9/17), Sarge (8/9/17)
Old 8/9/17, 03:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 13GetThere
My, you catch on quick. And yes, it is intolerance for intolerance, and your proving the point.
You might have noticed that the kind of behavior and communication that you're endorsing (i.e. naked bigotry) isn't allowed on this forum. Do you have a guess as to why that is? Think it over and get back to us...and no, it's not because forums like this one are overly sensitive or whatever.

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Just curious,............what do you mean by "privilege"?
If you have to ask, you're already enjoying it. Besides, based on the posts you've thanked here, I call BS on your "curiosity."

Originally Posted by trackpack13gt
This is what's wrong with America. Sensitive people having their feelings hurt and the silencing of others through censoring and legal action.

It's time for people to grow some ***** and stop being offended. His MGW video was hilarious and frankly I am more likely to buy a VMP.
...Says the guy who is deeply offended by someone else's opinion. Get over yourself! Look what has you triggered, friend. I observed someone bringing the worst of 5th grade humor into my hobby and I spoke out and stated my opinion and it has sent you over the deep end. Talk about snowflakes.

BTW, I love that all it takes for you to open your wallet is someone being hateful and childish. I bet you're in wonderful financial shape.

So you're going to patronize them...nice. They offer some great stuff. Please let us know what you bought from them and prove that you're not just posturing here to look like a big shot. No, a sticker or an oil filter doesn't count...also, please ask them if your business would have been welcome if you had a different sexual orientation.

Last edited by MRGTX; 8/9/17 at 03:49 AM.
Old 8/9/17, 06:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
Originally Posted by MRGTX
me??? Uh no.
this guy has been around a while. Every so often he posts something unbelievably stupid or mean spirited. There's one video where he was ranting about "inexperienced squids" or something at the drag strip and how people shouldn't show up there until they practiced on the street.

No joke. He might have pulled that one. I can't find it.
I'm thankful those are not your eyebrows.
The following users liked this post:
MRGTX (8/9/17)
Old 8/9/17, 11:37 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 588 Likes on 422 Posts
It'd be interesting to see how this thread would have played out and what the responses would have been if this guy was doing a similar vid about black stereotypes.

Perhaps in blackface, speaking in an uneducated, ghetto slang dialect, pondering if they made a Mustang with a trunk big enough to haul a load of watermelons, or if the interior was stain resistant to fried chicken grease, and does the console have a holder for foodstamps.

Methinks the responses to this thread and the attitude toward the company he represents would be slightly different.
Old 8/9/17, 11:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
[QUOTE=MRGTX;7018810[B]]You might have noticed that the kind of behavior and communication that you're endorsing (i.e. naked bigotry) isn't allowed on this forum. [/B]Do you have a guess as to why that is? Think it over and get back to us...and no, it's not because forums like this one are overly sensitive or whatever.

Would you care to show where I have endorsed any bigotry?

Last edited by 13GetThere; 8/9/17 at 11:51 AM.
Old 8/9/17, 01:27 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,199 Posts
Originally Posted by MRGTX
If you have to ask, you're already enjoying it.
**** STRAIGHT I AM!
I love it.
Old 8/9/17, 08:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by trackpack13gt

Awesome. You do you. Meanwhile, don't be pissy because other people want nothing to do with this company because of this.
Old 8/10/17, 04:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
It'd be interesting to see how this thread would have played out and what the responses would have been if this guy was doing a similar vid about black stereotypes.

Perhaps in blackface, speaking in an uneducated, ghetto slang dialect, pondering if they made a Mustang with a trunk big enough to haul a load of watermelons, or if the interior was stain resistant to fried chicken grease, and does the console have a holder for foodstamps.

Methinks the responses to this thread and the attitude toward the company he represents would be slightly different.
Right...You'd hope it would be more obvious but would your example be worse? I don't think so.

[QUOTE=13GetThere;7018820]
Originally Posted by MRGTX;7018810[B
]You might have noticed that the kind of behavior and communication that you're endorsing (i.e. naked bigotry) isn't allowed on this forum. Do you have a guess as to why that is? Think it over and get back to us...and no, it's not because forums like this one are overly sensitive or whatever.

Would you care to show where I have endorsed any bigotry?
go read the post I quoted.
Did I get you wrong? If so, glad to hear it.
Old 8/11/17, 12:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
[QUOTE=MRGTX;7018834]Right...You'd hope it would be more obvious but would your example be worse? I don't think so.

Originally Posted by 13GetThere

go read the post I quoted.
Did I get you wrong? If so, glad to hear it.