The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic Chatter (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f649/)
-   -   Here's why I'll never buy anything from VMP (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f649/heres-why-ill-never-buy-anything-vmp-544431/)

MRGTX 8/7/17 08:36 AM

Here's why I'll never buy anything from VMP

...until they fire this *******.
the guy knows his stuff but the idea of any of my money going to this homophobic child makes my skin crawl.

https://youtu.be/k-KBnI6ptg4

Glenn 8/7/17 08:43 AM

iszat you in the Vid?

Jazzman442 8/7/17 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by MRGTX (Post 7018723)
...until they fire this *******.
the guy knows his stuff but the idea of any of my money going to this homophobic child makes my skin crawl.

https://youtu.be/k-KBnI6ptg4

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::devil:

MRGTX 8/7/17 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 7018724)
iszat you in the Vid?

me??? Uh no.
this guy has been around a while. Every so often he posts something unbelievably stupid or mean spirited. There's one video where he was ranting about "inexperienced squids" or something at the drag strip and how people shouldn't show up there until they practiced on the street.

No joke. He might have pulled that one. I can't find it.

5LHO 8/7/17 09:54 AM

How'd you figure he was a VMP employee?

I'm with you, no question. We have constitutional protection against such garbage where I live.

I have zero tolerance personally for any sort of race, gender or sexuality prejudice in my work.

MRGTX 8/7/17 11:12 AM

He talks about his company in the videos regularly.

https://youtu.be/71xKe7oJsIE

5LHO 8/7/17 11:44 AM

How about communicating with the company leadership directly. I'm a VMP customer myself, so, I'll join you if you like. I purchased an X4 and tunes from them for my Brembocar a year or so ago. Obviously no idea about any of this.

SpectreH 8/7/17 03:24 PM

I think his videos (the few I watched) are stupid and poor attempts to be funny. However, I think he has the right make them, just as I have the right to not like them.

5LHO 8/7/17 03:55 PM

Certainly he has the right to make them but making them does not mean the behaviour is free of consequences. Freedom of speech doesn't guarantee that.

Gabe 8/7/17 06:04 PM

Didn't check the links, I'm on my phone and it isn't super easy.
Is it the YOLO DB dude?

Edit: Just hopped on my laptop, and yeah, it's him.
Hate the guy.
Had some funny videos a while ago, has gotten full of himself and is a complete sellout to whoever's balls he's tickling that particular month.
Yes, he's a VMP employee.
He was related to UPR for a while the first time he sold out over a free catch can or whatever crap that UPR gave him

TheReaper 8/7/17 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by 5LHO (Post 7018748)
Certainly he has the right to make them but making them does not mean the behaviour is free of consequences. Freedom of speech doesn't guarantee that.

Smith & Wesson or Ruger ?

trackpack13gt 8/7/17 11:30 PM

Social justice warriors are everywhere nowadays, even on themustangsource.

MRGTX 8/8/17 05:54 AM

It may or may not be worth contacting VMP directly.
They obviously know who this guy is. They can watch his videos any time. They're complicit. :dunno:

As I said above, the guy knows his stuff. I had watched a ton of his videos before I got to that one...often, he makes fun of strawmen (with that childish mocking voice) or talks in a way that indicates unbelievably puny world view and poor judgment...all of that is easy to roll your eyes and move on...but this one crossed the line.

I don't know about you guys but I LOVE the car hobby. They're one of the things that bring joy, friendships and fun to my life. I'm more than happy to take a stand when some mouthbreathing moron uses his platform to be hateful and vulgar...insulting not only a huge demographic who has been subject to prejudice forever... but also using that hatred against people who prefer V6 Mustangs. :confused:

Chances are he's an ok guy with a terribly ignorant and misguided sense of humor. People can learn and grow.

I'd bet that ALL OF US have made jokes that we regret...but the difference is that most of us grow up and learn to see the world through other peoples' eyes.

VMP, looking to you to keep this hobby positive and take a stand against hate speech. Those days are over. This is 2017...not 1967.

Originally Posted by trackpack13gt (Post 7018766)
Social justice warriors are everywhere nowadays, even on themustangsource.

Your privilege is showing.

13GetThere 8/8/17 09:08 AM

I thought this was a forum about Mustangs, not a social justice forum.
If you want to bankrupt a company because they will not fire an employee that has an opinion you don't agree with, then it kinda puts you on the same level as the employee with intolerance.
Lets just talk about cars, and leave the social justice crap someplace else.

trackpack13gt 8/8/17 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by MRGTX (Post 7018775)
It may or may not be worth contacting VMP directly.
They obviously know who this guy is. They can watch his videos any time. They're complicit. :dunno:

As I said above, the guy knows his stuff. I had watched a ton of his videos before I got to that one...often, he makes fun of strawmen (with that childish mocking voice) or talks in a way that indicates unbelievably puny world view and poor judgment...all of that is easy to roll your eyes and move on...but this one crossed the line.

I don't know about you guys but I LOVE the car hobby. They're one of the things that bring joy, friendships and fun to my life. I'm more than happy to take a stand when some mouthbreathing moron uses his platform to be hateful and vulgar...insulting not only a huge demographic who has been subject to prejudice forever... but also using that hatred against people who prefer V6 Mustangs. :confused:

Chances are he's an ok guy with a terribly ignorant and misguided sense of humor. People can learn and grow.

I'd bet that ALL OF US have made jokes that we regret...but the difference is that most of us grow up and learn to see the world through other peoples' eyes.

VMP, looking to you to keep this hobby positive and take a stand against hate speech. Those days are over. This is 2017...not 1967.

I'll be sure to write a virtue signalling letter to vmp, once I am done writing my white privilege apology letters.

MRGTX 8/8/17 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by 13GetThere (Post 7018780)
I thought this was a forum about Mustangs, not a social justice forum.
If you want to bankrupt a company because they will not fire an employee that has an opinion you don't agree with, then it kinda puts you on the same level as the employee with intolerance.
Lets just talk about cars, and leave the social justice crap someplace else.

This is about a primary vendor to this community.

And...if you think that "intolerance for intolerance" is the same thing, you're a ****** idiot. Please tell me I got you wrong on that.

Originally Posted by trackpack13gt (Post 7018783)
I'll be sure to write a virtue signalling letter to vmp, once I am done writing my white privilege apology letters.

What are you saying here? Your sarcasm has completely drowned out your message.

trackpack13gt 8/8/17 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by MRGTX (Post 7018786)
This is about a primary vendor to this community.

And...if you think that "intolerance for intolerance" is the same thing, you're a ****** idiot. Please tell me I got you wrong on that.

What are you saying here? Your sarcasm has completely drowned out your message.

Take your politically correct nonsense to Reddit and be triggered elsewhere.

MRGTX 8/8/17 12:12 PM

If it's not clear, this discussion isn't for you. It's intended for people who give a **** about the kind of world we live in and might want to allocate their hard earned/hobby money elsewhere.

You're obviously not bothered by a blathering bigot, nobody is trying to make you care...so maybe just leave?

13GetThere 8/8/17 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by MRGTX (Post 7018792)
If it's not clear, this discussion isn't for you. It's intended for people who give a **** about the kind of world we live in and might want to allocate their hard earned/hobby money elsewhere.

You're obviously not bothered by a blathering bigot, nobody is trying to make you care...so maybe just leave?

My, you catch on quick. And yes, it is intolerance for intolerance, and your proving the point.

Stage_3 8/8/17 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by MRGTX (Post 7018775)

Just curious,............what do you mean by "privilege"?