The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic Chatter (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f649/)
-   -   Dr. Pepper. (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f649/dr-pepper-398230/)

houtex 1/11/05 09:58 PM

Ok, I know this is gonna sound wierd. (yes, I misspelt it on purpose.)

I was havin' trouble with acid reflux. Nothin' seemed to work quite right. And then... I found out that my fav drink, Dr. Pepper, fixed it.

I'm serious. I don't know why, but I don't have the 'flux anymore. I had tried to stop caffeine, and tried diet, went cheap on drinks, try other stuff, whatever. So I'd gone off DP. Mosly because Coke and/or Pepsi was a buck cheaper most days and I wasn't terribly picky, and I was tryin' to drink juice, tea, milk, water, etc.

I'm back on DPs now. I thought I'd share that. I don't know if diet or other DP works, but I only drink the real deal. And so far, it's been wonderful.

Strange, no?

Amy V6 1/11/05 10:12 PM

I loooooooooooove diet Dr Pepper

And there's a new one out.. diet cherry vanilla Dr Pepper... soooo good.

Oh and Dr Pepper doesn't have a period after the Dr part :P

Scothew 1/11/05 10:33 PM

diet cherry vanilla dr pepper????? I love vanilla coke, but i cant even begin to imagine that combo.

jgsmuzzy 1/12/05 01:45 AM

it is a wonder drink. Whenever I have is I wonder why I bought it (again)

:D

PaulF 1/12/05 04:30 AM

In all seriousness....wasn't Dr. Pepper originally for something like upset stomachs?

I love Dr. Pepper too....and Diet Dr. Pepper...the diet might be the best diet soda out there...

As for acid reflux....I know what you are going though...I've had it for years and I've finally offically given up soda. Just kills my stomach....yuck.

Anyway, I'm glad it's working for ya!

GhostTX 1/12/05 07:35 AM

DP just rocks! :)

And if you can get it, I highly recommend Dublin Dr. Pepper. Made from real Imperial Pure Cane Sugar, not high-fructose corn syrup.

Also, squeeze a little fresh Lime in your next DP... MMmmmmmm!

Amy V6 1/12/05 09:03 AM

Originally posted by Scothew@January 12, 2005, 1:36 AM
diet cherry vanilla dr pepper????? I love vanilla coke, but i cant even begin to imagine that combo.
Go search for it. I've only been able to find it at Meijers around here. Other stores don't have it yet. Soooooooo good.

Lalo 1/12/05 09:09 AM

the mystery i have with dr pepper is what kind of soda is it???
is it a cola? a root beer? is it some soda flavor handed down to us by space aliens? i have no idea what it is... when i was smaller i used to think it was a root beer, then i realized, "hey, it doesnt taste like other root beers!" :scratch:

Treadhead 1/12/05 12:49 PM

HaHA the ingredients are top secret. I used to work for DR Pepper and they wouldn't tell anyone what was in it. It sure is good though especially the Dublin DR Pepper. Just remember to drink it at 10,2 and 4 to be regular for life!

schmalex 1/13/05 01:26 AM

Funny i saw this post and relized i was enjoying a Dr Pepper as i read it

EleanorsMine 1/13/05 05:31 AM

I don't like they sell Dr. Pepper as a pepsi Product when it isn't. Doesn't taste bad, I am just too addicted to cocola to enjoy it.

Lalo 1/13/05 11:02 AM

Dr Pepper with a chicken sandwich and fries is the best combo

future9er24 1/13/05 04:55 PM

Amen to that.

Dr Pepper, the miracle drug. what was that vocab word for that....Panacea i think... :w00t: