Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Can I Get A Whoo-Ya!

Search this Thread

Old 1/7/05, 07:09 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is not a typical Friday nite for me. Yes, I am getting ready to go out, But, tonight, each drink will have a sombering affect on me.

Tonight I will be sending off a friend to active combat. This friend is a mere 22 yrs old, and he got his orders this week.

I have also two nephews in this action. But, even if you dont know anyone personally who is there, I know that each American understands the gravity of what it means to get orders.

Whether or not you agree with us being there, whether or not your an American, I ask each of us to please wish well to these kids. Some who are not even old enough to buy a drink in America, yet they are laying down thier very lives to fight for that freedom.

From the newly enlisted Private to the Commander in Chief himself, each one deserves the respect that is borne from fighting for what you believe in. For offering to pay the ultimate price.

To those there: I have said it before, but it can not be said enough. Thank you. Those two words seem hardly adequate, yet, they are all we have. Please, get your job done, and hurry home, your nation is waiting for you.

Whoo-Ya!
Old 1/7/05, 07:19 PM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Jess,

I know how it feels, I have two family members (both UK Navy) there at the moment (I know there are not on the ground, but they are still there)

All I can say to you and your Friend is :usa:

James
Old 1/7/05, 11:43 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Whoo Yeah

best of luck to all who serve in the American military. Anywhere in the world. :usa:

I wish your friends and family well. here's to their future welcome home parties

i used to have a cousin in the air force (he's back home now). him being off in the middle of nowhere and not being able or allowed to tell you where he is was very nerveracking

my hat is off to all the people who serve our country by putting their lives in danger for the safety of all us back home
Old 1/8/05, 05:58 AM
GTR Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Jessica--that was very well worded.

As a retired military officer and now a card carrying DAV member, I can tell that the people in our services can never get enough kind words of appreciation for what they do.

I use to watch my guys and gals light up at receiving just a simple "thank you."
Old 1/8/05, 07:49 AM
Queen Of Nascar

:usa:
Old 1/8/05, 08:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks to all the troops protecting freedom the world over. :usa:
Old 1/8/05, 05:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whoo-Ya and Thank You to those still serving!!! I know the gut wrenching feeling of getting an invitation to Desert Storm and I don't wish it on anyone. The conflict ended before I shipped to Saudi but I did get a free mini vacation to Germany. :usa:
Old 1/8/05, 07:06 PM
Bullitt Member

even though the air force kicked me out for my terrible vision (long, sad story) im doint everything i can to get back in, and should be getting some Lasek this month. :usa: I also have friends going over, leaving next week, and my younger brother(17) goes to basic training this summer for the national guard. Thank God for these people keeping us and our freedoms safe.