General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

SD Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 1/1/06, 12:30 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone go? take pics? come on people I know there are SoCal peeps on here someone had to go, I had to work all weekend and missed it.
Old 1/1/06, 03:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

I went and was unimpressed, downstairs they have a couple nice cars, and upstairs is dedicated to the tuner crowd. Nothing special, the nicest vehicle I saw was the new m5. And to be honest if the best car is a vehicle you can see on the road in Rancho Santa Fe, it doesnt say much about the car show.

LA Auto show all the way!
Old 1/1/06, 03:34 PM

Originally posted by Lokius@January 1, 2006, 4:04 PM
I went and was unimpressed, downstairs they have a couple nice cars, and upstairs is dedicated to the tuner crowd. Nothing special, the nicest vehicle I saw was the new m5. And to be honest if the best car is a vehicle you can see on the road in Rancho Santa Fe, it doesnt say much about the car show.

you dont have to be in Rancho Sante Fe to see M5s, in fact that is shooting a bit low on the daily drivers in that town, but yes that is what I heard about the show, but still any pics of the Shelby or anything else, TMS member "..." had his car there on display.
Old 1/1/06, 04:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Lokius@January 1, 2006, 4:04 PM

Dude if they have cars seen in Rancho Santa Fe..then it was a good car show
Old 1/1/06, 06:20 PM
Cobra Member

Couldn't make the SD show, but I'm flying down to L.A. for the Auto Show next weekend. Can't wait. I went to Detroit for the past three years, but never attended the L.A. Auto Show. I'm looking forward to it.

Rich, I know if you were able to attend the SD show, you would have posted killer pix for us. You always come through.
Old 1/1/06, 10:47 PM

Originally posted by CelticNut@January 1, 2006, 7:23 PM
Couldn't make the SD show, but I'm flying down to L.A. for the Auto Show next weekend. Can't wait. I went to Detroit for the past three years, but never attended the L.A. Auto Show. I'm looking forward to it.

Rich, I know if you were able to attend the SD show, you would have posted killer pix for us. You always come through.
yeah thanks, the club cruised down to In-N-Out in Mission Valley then over to the show, I went to In-N-Out for the fun cruise down, but had to head back up to work when they went off to the show, the guys said it wasnt worth going back down on Sunday by myself, so I didnt bother, but I think some of the guys took some pics I am just waiting for them to post them and I will provide everyone a link, if I have a day off during the LA show I will try to make it to that.
Old 1/1/06, 10:49 PM

Originally posted by Nick85@January 1, 2006, 6:00 PM
Dude if they have cars seen in Rancho Santa Fe..then it was a good car show
yah but when you live there and see them all the time it is a big yawn, I go to these manufactuer shows to see new concepts, production cars not yet out, and specialty cars, otherwise its just like driving around or going to a car dealership, I prefer customization and modifications.
Old 1/2/06, 02:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Yah I suppose it would get old. Nice collection of cars though...Shelby Cobras,Ferrari Enzo's...the rare goods haha. Nice life.
Old 1/2/06, 03:03 AM
Bullitt Member

The LA Auto show will be better. I will definetly be there this weekend.
Old 1/3/06, 09:13 AM
Bullitt Member

my car was on display there. It was the black gt at end of the downstairs hall.

Overall I was pretty disappointed with the show. Nothing really new and very few concept cars. LA last year was WAY better…hopefully it will be this year too.