General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

More Fuel-Efficient Cars Will Be Too Expensive for Seven Million Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 4/15/12, 03:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Without reading the responses herein, I must say this about that article:

Totally calling 'Wolf'.

There is no chance in heck that the car companies will even bother with putting a car out that they can't sell. None.

Well, not 'none', but they will figure out how to sell them. Or they'll not be making them. Volt comes to mind.

Phooey on the panic-mongerers. Phooey, I say.
Old 4/16/12, 11:23 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
You forgot while collecting unemployment and food stamps. Except what you don't know is the devastation from your leader's economy has not affected the Willamette Valley that you describe above, like it has the vast rural timber, farm, fishing, and tourism economies of the rest of Oregon.

I get around my area and in sales you talk to a lot of people - incl business owners that deal with employees and interviewees day in and day out. Incl owning my own business and doing my own interviews/hiring for many years. And after a 30 year career, I know a lot of stuff about my area of N CA & S OR that you couldn't fathom on a silly report.

But you? Go ahead and get that taxpayer funded grant and enlist that government study to see if I'm right. Heck claim its a stimulous project like the other liars did. Either way, if truth, common sense, or a report bit you in the butt, you still wouldn't get it.

http://www.oregonlive.com/mapes/inde...gger_cont.html

I really don’t get the point that’s being made? About buying cars for 4k more.

Now you’re telling me I need to go look at Willawhatever county and applauded you for conducting interviews? What does that have to do with buying a car for 4k more? And tourism to Oregon? Again, does what with buying a car?? Nevermind the fact Tourism and Oregon go together about as well 500lb person and great 5 mile jog. Get serious. No kid wants to go see a tree and go fishing in Bumblefuc* Oregon anymore. Truth hurts.

You speak in local terms- but yet complain about national problems. Thing is no one wants to be a fisherman, logger, farmer… across any area of the country not just Oregon. Younger generations do not replace the older- times change. In 1940 Agriculture accounted for 20% of all jobs- today it’s at 3%. And it’s up to the government to solve? With thoughts like that you’d think we were communists.

Truth, common sense, and a report? Your assertion that low income housing could afford a car If they give up tvs, cell phones, booze, is called STEROTYPING... take the .0001% that act this way and apply it to tens of millions of people. You’ve clearly never had an open talk (Read: “Non interview”) with low income families except for running background checks and talking to bias "owners"- they can relate right? that make decent livings. That’s great. I volunteer 200 hours a year to low income white elderly, to black/Hispanic families… Have a heart to heart with someone like that… And you begin to appreciate topics more- not understand them- understanding is on an intellectual level. Appreciation is an emiotional connection and can make for bigger and better changes.

I need to drive around town with my eyes open?? You need to sit in one place with your ears and mouth open, seeing should be the third part in that equation of evaluating.

My leader? I’m not partial to any politics. Personally what Obama has done has been useless, however McCain would have been molded to the environment and not any better. Meanwhile GOP’s front runner is a tool… I worry for America, but then again who even wants to be president anymore?

That graph does nothing for me- that’s how it was/is across the country. Oh woes Oregon... Start whining to Kitzhaber. Not me.

AGAIN.

Fact of the matter is a 4k raise to cars will effect more than 7million people across the United States.

Done and dusted- Not clicking back in this topic.
Old 4/16/12, 11:29 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT
I really don’t get the point that’s being made?
That anyone would make such an asinine remark as "link?" about something so obvious and widely known - across the entire country. Esp after posting a link from the Daily Mail UK. rofl

Like I said, you'd never get it if it bit you.

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT
Done and dusted- Not clicking back in this topic.
Good riddance!

Last edited by cdynaco; 4/16/12 at 11:34 AM.
Old 4/16/12, 04:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
The Prius or more fuel efficient cars overall?
Depends. I saw a Chevrolet Spark in person at the Barrett-Jackson stop in West Palm Beach.

It was in Techno Pink. Yes, Chevrolet is going to sell it in a color named Techno Pink.
Old 4/16/12, 07:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Used car prices are definitely on the rise lately. At work we've been selling cars at auction to other dealers and getting as much as we're asking on the lot for them. Especially with the newer, low miles, fuel efficient stuff. In fact NADA sent us an email in the middle of last month telling us to disregard the books they sent us and only use the website to value cars for the time being because the values on so many things were increasing so quickly. Heck, even my car's gone up a couple hundred bucks in book value since I've bought it.
Old 4/16/12, 07:50 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
Without reading the responses herein, I must say this about that article:

Totally calling 'Wolf'.

There is no chance in heck that the car companies will even bother with putting a car out that they can't sell. None.

Well, not 'none', but they will figure out how to sell them. Or they'll not be making them. Volt comes to mind.

Phooey on the panic-mongerers. Phooey, I say.
I disagree. Have you seen the Volt? Edit: just finished your post.

Why do airlines make flights that cost them money?
Old 4/17/12, 07:59 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Synyster_Vengeance
Ford should really rethink their hybrids. They have a great hybrid system in a Fusion, but its pricey. Why not offer it in a Focus or even build a specific cheaper hybrid?
Coming this fall: The 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid and Energi models - basically a taller Focus wagon. Click here for details straight from Ford's website.

Fusion Hybrids are very affordable - typically in the high $20's to barely over $30K. This is less than most of us paid for our Mustangs.
Old 4/17/12, 08:00 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevin509
Used car prices are definitely on the rise lately. At work we've been selling cars at auction to other dealers and getting as much as we're asking on the lot for them. Especially with the newer, low miles, fuel efficient stuff.
+1 at the dealership I work for, as well. Used car prices are way too close to new car prices now.