General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Giving up my 2012 5.0 for another "5.0"? (bless me father for I have sinned)

Old 5/18/15, 09:50 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Giving up my 2012 5.0 for another "5.0"? (bless me father for I have sinned)

"Bless me father, for I have sinned..... sinned with evil thoughts of coveting thy neighbor's (ok, not neighbor but another dealer) ride...."

Folks... y'all know how much I (all of us here) love our Mustangs. But I need to ask for some forgiveness. When I turn 40(ish), I'll be looking to add (hopefully not replace) to my stable. I was always looking to get a Shelby or maybe a GT350, who knows. But lately, my thoughts have been going German...that is, until I saw this. (Was visiting family in another city, and stopped by this dealership)

2015 Lexus RC-F. It's still a 5.0 V8. Does that count??? LOL. Maybe I'm in the minority, but God, that is sexy. Who cares how it drives at this point.

Ok, flame away.

p.s. Pics are taken with iPhone so no editing. Pardon the crappy quality.

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/18/15 at 09:53 AM.
Old 5/18/15, 09:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
It is a sexy looking car, but for the price I would look at the new CTS V.
Old 5/18/15, 11:08 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
they look sexy indeed and just like stangs they have good club activities and fans.

Old 5/18/15, 11:21 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
did you pull the trigger?
Old 5/18/15, 11:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. That one does nothing for me. In fact, truth be known, I think it’s fairly unattractive. I’m a bit shocked after all the talk that you’d never get rid of your Mustang that you’re now getting wondering eyes. If you somehow caught it from me several weeks ago, I apologize! I’ve been called a GM nut hugger here because of my lust for a C7…and it hasn’t changed my mind or somehow magically made my Mustang better than it is or the C7 worse. I still know which one wins hands down.

Frankly, if you can afford to forget about the token backseat in either the Mustang or that Lexus and go with a true two seat sports car, the choice is obvious, especially for what they’re asking for that Lexus. Your growing kids aren’t going to fit in either of those back seats much longer anyway so why buy them?

I thought long and hard about keeping El Pita but in the end it just doesn’t make sense, and yes, it will hurt to see it go. Right now it gets about 6500 miles a year put on it. If I have two summer only cars, each will get only around 3200 miles per year. As hard as I’ve tried to justify it, it makes no sense store and insure two vehicles at that cost for only those few miles.

The GM Nut Hugger has spoken!
Old 5/18/15, 11:54 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by CiniZter
they look sexy indeed and just like stangs they have good club activities and fans.
Shiaz, thanks for pics. I guess I'm late to the party lol. Folk already out driving it

When you saw it, did you hear it idle/rev, etc? I'm really curious how Lexus made that 5.0 sound. Is it a corporate V8? What other vehicle is it in toyotas line up? Tundra? I am worried that Toyota's 5.0 sounds NOTHING like American V8's, or German V8's for that matter.

Originally Posted by HizliBullet
did you pull the trigger?
LOL... I wish. But nah, it will be a few years. Was just looking. Not sure what I'd get even. I'm a Mustang guy at heart though... may just be another mustang

Originally Posted by Horspla
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. That one does nothing for me. In fact, truth be known, I think it’s fairly unattractive. I’m a bit shocked after all the talk that you’d never get rid of your Mustang that you’re now getting wondering eyes. If you somehow caught it from me several weeks ago, I apologize! I’ve been called a GM nut hugger here because of my lust for a C7…and it hasn’t changed my mind or somehow magically made my Mustang better than it is or the C7 worse. I still know which one wins hands down.

Frankly, if you can afford to forget about the token backseat in either the Mustang or that Lexus and go with a true two seat sports car, the choice is obvious, especially for what they’re asking for that Lexus. Your growing kids aren’t going to fit in either of those back seats much longer anyway so why buy them?

I thought long and hard about keeping El Pita but in the end it just doesn’t make sense, and yes, it will hurt to see it go. Right now it gets about 6500 miles a year put on it. If I have two summer only cars, each will get only around 3200 miles per year. As hard as I’ve tried to justify it, it makes no sense store and insure two vehicles at that cost for only those few miles.

The GM Nut Hugger has spoken!
John LOL! Marilyn won't be leaving me...although, like I said, everyone has a price. And I mean EVERYone. They may not admit it, but everyone does. I plan on never getting rid of her, and giving it to my son. But...you never know.

I'm just looking for a potential playmate for her. My wife said I can look into "upgrading" my DD Acura...so either maybe a 4 door rocket of some sort. Was thinking Audi or BMW, or STi, or IS F Sport... Essentially, come that time, I can either hang on to all the cars, get another one, or sell one or the other to get a new one. Am not sure. I'm a long ways from that.

Essentially the gist of the post/thread was to state that dayyummmmmm that RC-F looks niiiiiiiiiiice.
Old 5/18/15, 01:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

LOL .. thought you bailed on the Mustang too!! I was almost not feeling so bad anymore.
Old 5/18/15, 01:20 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
I like it, very nice. I think i would go for a Vette at that price. Just my opinion on what i would do

Who would have thought after the gas crisis and engine detune of the 70's we would have such powerful cars.
Old 5/18/15, 01:31 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Burton, not to hurt your feelings. all the three were female owned and i heard them coming in and didnt feel like a V8 at all. may be it is becuase of stock exhaust.
Old 5/18/15, 01:36 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

what about four door hellcat, have you ever thought about it.
Old 5/18/15, 01:51 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Get and ATS-V or CTS-V and call it a day. That Lexus looks okay, but the front end just has too much stuff going on IMO
Old 5/18/15, 02:03 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by dmhines
LOL .. thought you bailed on the Mustang too!! I was almost not feeling so bad anymore.
Dan, you sold yours for a VETTE? When? No wonder I don't see you on anymore. LOL.

Originally Posted by David Young
I like it, very nice. I think i would go for a Vette at that price. Just my opinion on what i would do

Who would have thought after the gas crisis and engine detune of the 70's we would have such powerful cars.
I wouldn't mind a Z06 C7 instead. How much are those?

Burton, not to hurt your feelings. all the three were female owned and i heard them coming in and didnt feel like a V8 at all. may be it is becuase of stock exhaust.
That explains a lot... your former, and latter comments I might have to rethink this RC-F thing.

Someone have a vid of an RC F with a modded exhaust?

what about four door hellcat, have you ever thought about it.
Charger Hellcat? Yeah... possible. We have winters here in Iowa, so if I go 4 doors, will have to be AWD. I don't think those are, eh? An STi would be another option.

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
Get and ATS-V or CTS-V and call it a day. That Lexus looks okay, but the front end just has too much stuff going on IMO
2016 CTS V would be like, 85k I bet. eeeeek.

The front end is actually what drew me in. It's definitely anti Muscle car, but I figured it's something different. Vader look. And a looker.
Old 5/18/15, 02:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Dan, you sold yours for a VETTE? When? No wonder I don't see you on anymore. LOL.
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...-chevy-537076/
Old 5/18/15, 02:15 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
No...no...and...............no.
Old 5/18/15, 02:44 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
No...no...and...............no.
Lol. So what you're saying is, yes or No?
Old 5/18/15, 04:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Burton, I was a big IS-F fan. But the recent Lexus turn has turned me off. The RC-F is a Frankenstein of cars. Part GS part IS. It's ultra heavy. The motor is fantastic but that's about it.

There is a GS-F coming out that looks much better. But it's even heavier.
Old 5/18/15, 04:49 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,676 Likes on 1,198 Posts
Burton,.......nice cars. If you look at my posts from WAAAAY back, I mentioned this car in my "wish list". Such a nice car and I bet they have some killer mods for that car. Do some research as I know you will.
Good luck bro and no flaming here. I LOVE the IS-F cars. Super nice and quick!
(I actually have a trick up my sleeve as well for hopefully next year. The Jeep SRT is off the list as it's transmission's issues are too much for me from what I am researching. It's a 50/50 shot you get a "good one" too. It's a shame because I had my heart set on it. But, I'll make up for it with another beast in the collection. "HOPEFULLY!")
Again,.....good luck bro. Follow your heart/gut!
Old 5/18/15, 05:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
The back of that blue lexus is f***ing ugly....
Nothing in its lines and posture flows right, looks like someone welded 2 different cars front and back together.
2015 Lexus RC-F is a car I dont care about, but cant say its terrible, or terribly looking, personally I would bought so many different cars for 72K, and if it has to be a 4 door DDer, I would totally go for a low mileage used Chrysler 300 SRT-8 they go around 35-45k, if you want power, but yet want to stay classy.
Old 5/18/15, 06:39 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
I don't feel much love for the lexus personally. I hope you consider a GT350 instead.
Old 5/18/15, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get a bmw m for that price

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Giving up my 2012 5.0 for another "5.0"? (bless me father for I have sinned)