General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

The first wrecked Bugatti Veyron

Search this Thread

Old 3/7/07, 09:36 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by THRUST_
I would agree with A, but B? Money does not equal ability. I imagine the Veyron is a lot more car than many people can handle.
I know that if I had that kind of money and was buying one of those cars I would put my self through a good driving school to learn how to handle/enjoy a car like that. Just seems like common sense to me, but maybe I am nuts
Old 3/7/07, 01:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vistablue mustang
I know that if I had that kind of money and was buying one of those cars I would put my self through a good driving school to learn how to handle/enjoy a car like that. Just seems like common sense to me, but maybe I am nuts
You sure? If you had that kind of money, maybe you'd just buy the 78th off the line and "forget this ever happened"

Old 3/7/07, 02:48 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

This Veyron was doing around 100mph when it spun out of control, spinning 3 times before hitting a Vauxhall Astra with a 7-month pregnant woman inside. It then smashed into trees up a 3 foot embankment.

The Bugatti driver was with a younger male passenger. The car was taken away by the same truck driver who had delivered it to the owner just a week earlier. The owner is a businessman in his 40's who runs a rental car company with his brothers.

B375 near Chertsey, Surrey, United Kingdom
Old 3/10/07, 02:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rrobello
This Veyron was doing around 100mph when it spun out of control, spinning 3 times before hitting a Vauxhall Astra with a 7-month pregnant woman inside. It then smashed into trees up a 3 foot embankment.

The Bugatti driver was with a younger male passenger. The car was taken away by the same truck driver who had delivered it to the owner just a week earlier. The owner is a businessman in his 40's who runs a rental car company with his brothers.

B375 near Chertsey, Surrey, United Kingdom
I know you posted this over on FChat too, but I don't see how it could be possible that it spun three times hit a van, and fell into the ditch goin 100+ and still only have this "minor" damage for said conditions seems very unlikely. Especially since it is only the front end that is damaged, since there is no noticeable parts on the ground from the first accident including the van. I can believe that he hit a van, and that he ran into the ditch, but the assumption of 100 mph and the both passengers in the Veyron, and those in the van walking away seems pretty far fetched.
Old 3/10/07, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by cntchds
I know you posted this over on FChat too, but I don't see how it could be possible that it spun three times hit a van, and fell into the ditch goin 100+ and still only have this "minor" damage for said conditions seems very unlikely. Especially since it is only the front end that is damaged, since there is no noticeable parts on the ground from the first accident including the van. I can believe that he hit a van, and that he ran into the ditch, but the assumption of 100 mph and the both passengers in the Veyron, and those in the van walking away seems pretty far fetched.
Im just sharing what I read. I personally always think that the cops estimates of speeds during an accident are way off a lot, for instance that Murcielago that was recently wrecked in Malibu they said speeds over 100mph, but he hit 5 cars and there was very little damage to anything. And then often I hear them say speeds that are way to slow for the amount of damage caused. My friend was rearended at a red light once and both cars finally came to a stop over 100ft from the interesection and the cops estimated her speed to be only 50mph and didnt even breathalize her at 2am. I dont know how well Veyrons hold up in accidents but if this person was going over a 100 then it should win an award for being a real safe car...lol
Old 3/10/07, 05:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Aren't there black box recorders in our cars these days?
No, I don't mean the crappy music group, either.
I thought I read somewhere that the insurance companies had forced the hands of manufacturers to add them, you know, so they could pay out less claims of course.
Old 3/10/07, 10:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rrobello
Im just sharing what I read. I personally always think that the cops estimates of speeds during an accident are way off a lot, for instance that Murcielago that was recently wrecked in Malibu they said speeds over 100mph, but he hit 5 cars and there was very little damage to anything. And then often I hear them say speeds that are way to slow for the amount of damage caused. My friend was rearended at a red light once and both cars finally came to a stop over 100ft from the interesection and the cops estimated her speed to be only 50mph and didnt even breathalize her at 2am. I dont know how well Veyrons hold up in accidents but if this person was going over a 100 then it should win an award for being a real safe car...lol
Haha, +1. Still seems like a load of to me.
Old 3/11/07, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Emu Hunter
Aren't there black box recorders in our cars these days?
No, I don't mean the crappy music group, either.
I thought I read somewhere that the insurance companies had forced the hands of manufacturers to add them, you know, so they could pay out less claims of course.
some cars yes, but in the US they are only allowed to be reviewed under certain circumstances, and this wasnt in the US so who knows what the laws are in this case