The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   General Vehicle Discussion/News (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f647/)
-   -   Challenger (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f647/challenger-471147/)

jgray5 8/1/08 03:13 PM

Challenger

I was headed to Canterburry Downs Race Track in MN yesterday and i saw a black one of these...I didn't know they were out yet...but i even took double glances at it....REALLY SHARP. Anyway wasn't able to get any picuters. But had a very meaty growl behind it too.

Pwny 8/1/08 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by jgray5 (Post 5608917)
I was headed to Canterburry Downs Race Track in MN yesterday and i saw a black one of these...I didn't know they were out yet...but i even took double glances at it....REALLY SHARP. Anyway wasn't able to get any picuters. But had a very meaty growl behind it too.

Are you sure the pig wasn't snorting?

jgray5 8/1/08 03:21 PM

Pretty sure...ha

Executioner 8/1/08 04:29 PM

:banghead:www.challengerforums.com

2kanchoo 8/1/08 10:02 PM

I just saw a black one going the opposite way down the road tonight. Looked a lot better in person than in pics. I flipped a shlt and tried to chase him down but got stopped at every **** light behind him :(

Glenn 8/2/08 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Executioner (Post 5608960)

WinaDodgeChallenger.com offers an exciting contest that benefits the Make a Wish Foundation (R) of America, in which you can win a Brand New, Dodge Challenger SRT8! $99.95 per entry. Only 2,000 entries will be accepted.

Forum members are GUARANTEED to receive a $100 gas rebate card when they enter … it’s like entering the contest for FREE. (Limit: One gas rebate card per household.) Winning a brand new Dodge Challenger SRT8 could be just a click away! Click here to find out more details and to discuss.

wow almost worth joining

EastCoast07GtCs 8/2/08 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 5609211)
WinaDodgeChallenger.com offers an exciting contest that benefits the Make a Wish Foundation (R) of America, in which you can win a Brand New, Dodge Challenger SRT8! $99.95 per entry. Only 2,000 entries will be accepted.

Forum members are GUARANTEED to receive a $100 gas rebate card when they enter … it’s like entering the contest for FREE. (Limit: One gas rebate card per household.) Winning a brand new Dodge Challenger SRT8 could be just a click away! Click here to find out more details and to discuss.

wow almost worth joining

Hmmm, wonder how much a dealer would give me towards a new stang if I won that and traded it in??? :dunno: :D

exgto 8/2/08 07:19 AM

I saw two Challengers last week at a car show. One parked next to a Shelby GT.

As an aside. One of the things I like about this forum is it is not occupied by childish brand bigots. Rather, most seem to be able to openly admire another car besides the Mustang.

It's a little agonizing to have to hear some people on other forums rant and rave with critisism about the Challenger in order to justify their purchase of something different.

Back on topic, the Challenger looked really nice next to the Shelby GT. Bigger, "but not at all OMG it's huge". Very large trunk, roomy back seat, so there is some dividend in it's larger size.

The owner had a time slip on the window alongside the sticker. The car ran a 13.26 with only 1,000 miles on the clock.

Not too shabby.

EastCoast07GtCs 8/2/08 07:30 AM

I'm sure their owners are as passionate about their cars as we are about ours. I have to say I've been noticing more and more of them on the road recently. Not sure why, just an observation.

adrenalin 8/2/08 08:20 AM

Moved to General Vehicle Discussion

hi5.0 8/2/08 01:44 PM

Still waiting to see one... supposedly 3 on island. One confirmed delivered, two "up for grabs". LOL. I don't want to know what the ADM on those bad boys are!

svopaul 8/2/08 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by hi5.0 (Post 5609378)
Still waiting to see one... supposedly 3 on island. One confirmed delivered, two "up for grabs". LOL. I don't want to know what the ADM on those bad boys are!

around here the ADM is $25K!!!

I'll have one sometime in the future but I'm not buying it new and sure as hell not paying an ADM...I don't have to be first on the block. I'll be the guy buying a nicely cared for one and leaving the owners driveway sideways saying "THANKS!"

Personally right now I like the Challenger better than the Mustang.....but I work on and drive Mustangs daily so it's something different and I love the look as it SO reminds me of a '70 Challenger.

stangrider98 8/2/08 02:53 PM

i got to look at an orange SRT8 challenger the other day in the garage of my local dodge dealer. it is a really nice looking car but the interior is a little boring and basically the same as the charger/magnum. i really do like it though and might look into getting one if i do not like the 2010 mustang.

PL 06Vert 8/2/08 04:21 PM

Saw one today at a city fair. Notice that the engine block was the Dodge orange and the car was black

titanjc 8/3/08 10:43 AM

Speaking of the ADM, I saw an article within the last 2 weeks that said the SRT-8 Challenger wasn't selling as well as Dodge had originally stated. At first they said that every SRT-8 was spoken for, and supposedly there were a couple thousand still sitting on dealer lots. Not surprising when dealers are trying to gouge tens of thousands of dollars from consumers.

Zastava_101 8/3/08 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by titanjc (Post 5609709)
Not surprising when dealers are trying to gouge tens of thousands of dollars from consumers.

Everyone is doing that with limited edition cars.

I saw a Challenger last week at the auto show and I think that owner said that he paid $13,000 over MSRP.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...hallenger4.jpg

edumspeed 8/3/08 04:20 PM

:drool:

GT40 2 8/3/08 07:29 PM

I saw one for the first time today, it looked good.

Iceknyght 8/3/08 10:25 PM

The Dodge store at the Auto Group I work for has 2 Challengers in stock... A black one and an oragne one... Here's pics of the black one:

http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/c...%20Challenger/

It's nice, but not worth the price or added ADM in my opinion... I took the pictures when we first got the car in, I have heard that they have dropped the price from that in the last pic in the gallery, but still...

It is pretty to look at though!

jamesdem1123 8/4/08 08:51 AM

lol dealer mark up sucks.. i can order a Challenger through Military car sales for about $2k less than msrp.. im paying $29.5k for my GT/CS, msrp is $35k. hid's, shaker 1000, bluetooth, triptunes, comfort package and some more options..