General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Camaro concept

Search this Thread

Old 1/8/06, 01:11 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the Challenger was done much better... I would go as far to say, I would consider owning the Challenger (and my Pony ), but not the Bow-Tie....It's not bad but the front end is just plain :notnice: ...
Old 1/8/06, 01:30 PM
GT Member

You know I loved the 67-69 Cameros but I can't stand that thing!
I hated the challenger/chargers of old but love the challenger concept!

I have always loved Mustangs and it looks like I will continue to do so!
Old 1/8/06, 01:37 PM
V6 Member

I had a 69 Camaro when I was in high school, and the new concept definatly brings back some great memories, but that front end is ugly. I guess I will just have to park the front-end behind something so I don't have to look at it.

[attachmentid=42436]
Old 1/8/06, 02:09 PM

I think it is disgusting... :notnice: Chevy still refuses to make the Monte Carlo a rear wheeler, and has managed to ruin every one of their new vehicles...and rip off others, i.e. HHR = PT Cruiser... Chevy could ruin a wet dream.
Old 1/8/06, 03:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

I would just pass that new Camaro right on by if it was on the lot...looks like someone took all of 15 minutes to design it. What's with the giant bow-tie in the grille? It almost looks like they tried to graft a 1980 Z28 nose on there with a Suburban sized bow-tie emblem. I know the new vette is popular, but I *hate* the way it looks, I am just not a fan of that prematurely hacked off rear end. The Mustang and Challenger are just so much more polished, and for the most part the Challenger is a very believable looking concept...this new Camaro just doesn't work for me, sorry. :notnice:
Old 1/8/06, 04:02 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by AFBLUE@January 7, 2006, 12:12 PM
Wow it's the late 1960s all over again. First Mustang, next Shelby, now Challenger, and Camaro.

What's next the AMX?

All thats left is for Pontiac to bring back the Firebird, which should have a similar body to the Camaro, just a different front end..

I hope this prompts Ford to also introduce the Mustang in true FastBack fashion... I know our cars are considered a fastback somewhat, however they really are not... A fast back should allow the trunk-lid to open with the back window in a one piece design.. Much like the 87 GT.. Where the 87's also had a notch back.. Essentially our 2005 Mustangs are all notch back Mustangs... This would allow for the current stangs to have hips as well... They could also introduce the 5.4L engine into this model...

At any rate, It sure is good to see the old Muscle car wars come back.. I love all of the cars.. From my beloved 2005 Mustang, to the Challenger, to the Camaro.. I'll be keeping my Mustang indefinatley... However, I am stuck between the Challenger and the Camaro for my next car purchase.... The Challenger is so beautiful... I need to see how the Camaro is going to turn out...
Old 1/8/06, 04:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by MSP@January 8, 2006, 5:05 PM
All thats left is for Pontiac to bring back the Firebird, which should have a similar body to the Camaro, just a different front end..

I hope this prompts Ford to also introduce the Mustang in true FastBack fashion... I know our cars are considered a fastback somewhat, however they really are not... A fast back should allow the trunk-lid to open with the back window in a one piece design.. Much like the 87 GT.. Where the 87's also had a notch back.. Essentially our 2005 Mustangs are all notch back Mustangs... This would allow for the current stangs to have hips as well... They could also introduce the 5.4L engine into this model...

At any rate, It sure is good to see the old Muscle car wars come back.. I love all of the cars.. From my beloved 2005 Mustang, to the Challenger, to the Camaro.. I'll be keeping my Mustang indefinatley... However, I am stuck between the Challenger and the Camaro for my next car purchase.... The Challenger is so beautiful... I need to see how the Camaro is going to turn out...
Actually the Mustangs in 64 1/2 - 66 also had fastback versions that were not a one piece design. The fastback you describe are the later versions from about 67 on...

My father had a 64 1/2 fastback that I loved. I wish I could find that car again.

Maybe the reskinning that will happen later will follow the larger slope of the rear version fastback you describe. That would be interesting to see, I'm just not sure how retro Ford will keep it a few years from now.

Old 1/8/06, 04:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, i said earlier i think the front end is ugly but i have to admit. darn thing kinda growing on me...lol
While i'm by no means a "Chevy" fan, i can appreciate any American made car and i for one hope they actually build this thing. When i saw this pic, i was like "Wow, thats much better"

Silver Camaro
Old 1/8/06, 04:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by FiaCobra@January 8, 2006, 5:17 PM
Well, i said earlier i think the front end is ugly but i have to admit. darn thing kinda growing on me...lol
While i'm by no means a "Chevy" fan, i can appreciate any American made car and i for one hope they actually build this thing. When i saw this pic, i was like "Wow, thats much better"

Silver Camaro
Agreed, like a cancer. I like the overall design, but would prefer that front grill to be opened/refined a bit more.

I still prefer the Mustang and Challenger ahead of it so far....but I haven't seen one in person.

I'm still getting the Shelby but would love to meet someone later in life with both of those cars. Maybe they will let me ride in their cars just to see them up close. A guy can wish...

I also said ride not drive.
Old 1/8/06, 04:22 PM
Bullitt Member

I looks pretty good, real similar to how I envisioned it!!! I haven't posted in forever. Hope you are all doing good! My model was pretty close Wow that was a long time ago!!!!

[attachmentid=42456] [attachmentid=42457]
Old 1/8/06, 06:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
More Production Based
Old 1/8/06, 07:50 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MSP@January 8, 2006, 6:05 PM
I hope this prompts Ford to also introduce the Mustang in true FastBack fashion... I know our cars are considered a fastback somewhat, however they really are not... A fast back should allow the trunk-lid to open with the back window in a one piece design.. Much like the 87 GT..

I am sure you meant a hatchback... but I'm just splitting hairs here.

Hatchback's aren't very popular in the united states compared to the rest of the world though.

I do agree that it would be more practical.
Old 1/8/06, 07:53 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I'm gonna have to be a dissenter here (as usual )

I have to say that overall I think it looks pretty galldanged good! Clearly some of the more radical bits will get toned down for production (if GM is still around you bet they'll produce it) ... but that is DEFINITELY the best looking Camaro since the original body style debuted in the '60s. I mean, compare it to the last generation which truly was

In fact, I it.

If you compare it to the new Infiniti G35 coupe concept (below), I think it's a bona-fide modern North American competitor that offers a different, but equally interesting, coupe...

Old 1/8/06, 08:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Humm looks like Cuda/Mustang/Camero all thrown into a blender and Walla peanut butter milkshake .
Old 1/8/06, 09:06 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by mr-mstng@January 8, 2006, 8:20 AM
I may be in the minority here, but I like the camaro concept, including the front end. The edginess has a mean look to it.
beleive it or not, im with u man

i actually really like this

now.. it aint no challenger, nor is it as sweet as a stang, but i like it
Old 1/8/06, 09:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Holy Crap....looks like I've found my next NEXT car
Old 1/8/06, 09:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by rlhjr34+January 8, 2006, 5:11 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rlhjr34 @ January 8, 2006, 5:11 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Corvette
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-vc4life
@January 8, 2006, 6:46 AM
that was easy
[/quote]

Get your facts right!

"Even the venerable Chevrolet Corvette has seen sales falter by 15% (all figures are through July, 2005)"

http://www.forbes.com/lifestyle/vehicles/2...912test_ls.html

Care to name another car gm makes that people want!
Old 1/8/06, 09:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by The Deviant One@January 7, 2006, 11:04 PM
Looks awesome, but I'm not digging that grill either...it makes it look really cheap! I'd love to have the '69 hideaway headlights and grill on that car.
Those hideaway lights/grill would make it pretty much PERFECT. Its a great looking car (except the grill, of course).....lets see if GM will be a little more true to the concept, unlike Ford. Too bad there are no real interior pics, just drawings.
Old 1/8/06, 09:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

my god that is butt ugly......
Old 1/8/06, 09:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Topnotch@January 8, 2006, 7:57 PM
More Production Based
\

Uh...now the front is starting to grow on me??!!

Quick Reply: Camaro concept