General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

Camaro concept

Search this Thread

Old 1/11/06, 01:34 PM
Cam Tease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see your point about the Mustang appealing to pretty much everyone, more so than the Camaro ever has.

But, if the Camaro does in fact get the LS2, no matter how many brands of CAI available, the Mustang will be no match for a ported and cammed Camaro.

Plus, with the GTO, CTS-V, C6, SSR, Trailblazer SS, and now the Camaro...I don't think the LS2 owner is exactly going to be disappointed with aftermarket support.

BUT, also like you said, Ford already HAS the Mustang, and its already making a profit--a good one. GM fanboys will be lucky to get their car, and if they do, GM wont profit from making it.
Old 1/11/06, 03:19 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by BC_Shelby+January 10, 2006, 6:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BC_Shelby @ January 10, 2006, 6:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>It's already been announced that GM is building it, based upon its strong showing at LA and Detroit (Inside Line: Camaro to see production in 2009).
[/b]

Actually it's still just a rumor -- "according to unofficial word from GM suppliers".

<!--QuoteBegin-BC_Shelby
@January 10, 2006, 6:17 PM
On the other hand, if you READ THIS, you'll see that GM is only willing to go so far to fix its own problems as long as the boys on Mahogony Row don't have to suffer personally. If they're not prepared to take one for the team, then maybe they deserve to "take it" somewhere else. They're all still playing the blame game (including the UAW) rather than taking personal responsibility. Hey guys: if you ain't part of the solution, maybe you're part of the problem.
[/quote]

It looks like the Camaro might happen, if GM's problems don't lead to the program being cut.
Old 1/11/06, 04:44 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by korinwoodo@January 10, 2006, 6:43 PM
I think I've become one of the minority who actually LIKES it.
so thats what... four of us? lol

09 i should be midway thru college... two years after i'll probably be in need of something new (you know, make the II my "weekend" car lol) and by then this will (hopefully) be out, along with a challenger and a re-skinned 'stang.

i cant wait till i'm in a position to pick on lol. of course. heck maybe even a used 09 'maro...

but then again, if Ford designs the next stang after the 71+ bigbody stangs, or god bless, even the IIs, well then im going with a stang
Old 1/11/06, 04:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah man I hear you, 2008 will be about the time I will be in the market as well. I might even venture to say, that I like this Camaro better than the Challenger. Maybe its because I have become slightly biased toward GM, or because the challenger is going to weigh four hundred thousand pounds, but I really like the look of it! When I saw it I was like coool, and then read down and everyone was like OMG its FRICKEN UGLY, and I was slightly surprised. But everyone has their own tastes and changable opionion on what other members say but hey, I'm not one of them.
Old 1/11/06, 04:56 PM
Post *****

:P lol

i know watcha mean

challenger looks great, but its not as WOW as this is, at least to me. and the fact that she put on a few pounds kinda turns me off

the age old adage applies:

no fat chicks

i'm also surprised ppl dont like it that much. i guess not everyone has as exquisite tastes as us few proud members
Old 1/11/06, 05:06 PM
Cam Tease

Everyone here knows the Camaro and the Charger look incredible, they just say they hate them because theyre scared of them making production.
Old 1/11/06, 05:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by future9er24@January 11, 2006, 6:59 PM

i know watcha mean

challenger looks great, but its not as WOW as this is, at least to me. and the fact that she put on a few pounds kinda turns me off

no fat chicks

i'm also surprised ppl dont like it that much. i guess not everyone has as exquisite tastes as us few proud members
Yes, I concurr. Can you pass me the 150 year old chardonnay? Oh and to all the changeable opinion members.

Camaro=Sexy

Our list so far of the likers

1. Me
2. Arin
3. The Deviant One (that name rocks!)
4. ...

Who will give in next?
Old 1/11/06, 05:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Me I like it I only said it looked like three units blended as one !
Old 1/11/06, 05:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Back in the day, the Camaro was a cool looking car, as were the Chevelles, Fairlanes, GTOs, Challengers, GTX, Road Runners etc.....
All of them were awsome looking back. But none of them were Mustangs. The Mustangs of the 60s to 1973 beat them all in looks. Though the Challenger and Camaro look pretty good, one thing remains, there not Mustangs.
Heck if it werent for the new 05 Mustangs looks, I would still be driving a Monte Carlo.

They "may" build new Challengers and Camaros. They may not too.
But in the end, it doesnt matter, because there not Mustangs.
Old 1/11/06, 06:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Don't just assume you can slap a supercharger on any engine and have it survive...

How many LSx engines do you see with Forced Induction?
Not very many, but LSx engines sure do respond very well with bolt-ons and a little nitrous.

They do have great engines and can throw them in these cars.

Forget not that its the whole package that sells... an engine in a box will only take you so far.

For all of these cars to succeed and to continue success you have to hit all the angles, which the mustang does.

It hits the Grocery Getters to the Enthusiaists... and does it at a very magic price point.

The Challenger may be a competitor to a certain level of mustang and pull some sales away, but if it is stricly a V8 with 400+ horsepower, it won't be cheap, and it won't be a large production.

The Camaro I'm guessing will be more like the mustang in that it'll have the economy versions as well as high power.
And while horsepower is nice, its not EVERYONES supreme goal....
Yup. It doesn't matter what engine you use but if the car does not have any versatility to be used day in and day out, then it won't sell. That is why the last gen Mustang did better than the f-bodies.

And the aftermarket is such a factor as well.

The Camaros might have been better stock because of displacement, but... the aftermarket was VERY friendly to the mustang...
Again, another fine point from Boomer. The Mustang no doubt has a lot of aftermarket success compared to the last gen f-bodies, but if there is a lot of hype for the LS2 and Hemi when these cars start rolling off the line, who knows, maybe the aftermarket might pamper them like they did with the 05 Stang.

Its great to see them compete again, but lets be realistic when we actually HAVE the 2 or 3 cars lined up and selling ...
Totally agree here. Let's not all jump ship too soon since there is YET to be any "official" word if these concepts might make production. I mean I still have loyalties to the Mustang and I'm still planning on getting a new one next year but it's definitely hard not to take notice of such fine machines as the new Camaro and Challenger especially since they offer the things that we Mustang fans clamored for but did not get in the 05. The only thing that will keep me from buying the brand-x cars will be the price of these cars and the anticipation of the Mustang's redesign around the same time these cars are due out. We'll just have to see I guess.
Old 1/11/06, 07:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by future9er24@January 11, 2006, 5:59 PM

i know watcha mean

no fat chicks
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Well...what did you expect when 99.9% of the board is loyal to the Mustang and to Ford, including the three of us?
Old 1/11/06, 08:04 PM
Post *****

lol good point

also, i think Mr Mustang belongs on that list

so its

me
korinwindoo
deviant one
gottahaveit
Mr Mustang
woo! five of us!! out ok what nearly 12K members? lol
Old 1/11/06, 08:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by future9er24@January 11, 2006, 10:07 PM
lol good point

also, i think Mr Mustang belongs on that list

so its

me
korinwindoo
deviant one
gottahaveit
Mr Mustang
woo! five of us!! out ok what nearly 12K members? lol
5/~10800

0.0463%

Thats pretty good odds so far :P
Old 1/11/06, 08:24 PM
Post *****

we must convert them! lol
Old 1/11/06, 08:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Make it so # 1
Old 1/11/06, 08:45 PM
GT Member

IMO: I think it's funny that in January 2006 people are picking the 2009 model year car they will be buying in mid 2008! :scratch:

The Mustang is here now - it's real and you can take it for a test drive. The GT500 will be arriving in lots later this year. Who knows what the comparison of the 2009 Mustang/Camaro/Challenger will be like in mid 2008 when you are ready to place an order…

Not trying to kill the party here but let's keep current model / future model hype in perspective.
Old 1/11/06, 08:46 PM
Post *****

well the reason some of us mentioned that scenario is that we arent really ready to buy a car right now, but we might be at a later date. it nice to know that we'll have more options in a few years (when we're actually ready to buy)
Old 1/11/06, 08:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

also, what proof do you have it will be a 2009 model, and second, 2009 models will probally start being produced in mid-2008.
Old 1/11/06, 08:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by future9er24@January 11, 2006, 9:27 PM
we must convert them! lol
Excellent!
Old 1/11/06, 09:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05Stang_WI@January 11, 2006, 9:48 PM
IMO: I think it's funny that in January 2006 people are picking the 2009 model year car they will be buying in mid 2008! :scratch:

The Mustang is here now - it's real and you can take it for a test drive. The GT500 will be arriving in lots later this year. Who knows what the comparison of the 2009 Mustang/Camaro/Challenger will be like in mid 2008 when you are ready to place an order…

Not trying to kill the party here but let's keep current model / future model hype in perspective.
Read the bottom part of my post, #190.

Like I said, no one is jumping ship yet, but if these cars do come out, they might just be another alternative to the Mustang. Not trying to argue with you at all...I still love Mustangs. :worship:

Quick Reply: Camaro concept