The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   General Vehicle Discussion/News (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f647/)
-   -   2018 Jeep Trackhawk (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f647/2018-jeep-trackhawk-544826/)

shaneyusa 12/30/17 04:46 PM

Looking forward to you updates on this. I would really love to get one. But looking like it will top $100K. I thought the SRTs at $77K was plenty. Little rich for my blood. Scared to by a used SRT, but have looked. Most are trashed. I am keep a watch out for the right one. My little Trailhawk is a v6 and it does very well for a daily commuter. Do like getting 20mpg. Not quite what I wanted for power, but I have the 2012 if I need power. I could not find a HEMI that was fully equipped in either the Trailhawk or Overland. Don't want a Summit, just too foofoo for me. If I ordered would have had to wait 4 to 5 months and decided against it. Bought at the end of June, and supply was very limited on the V8's. So if you are getting something make sure you don't wait too long.

Here is some info you might like on the subject...

SRT/Trackhawk system... Quadra-Trac SRT

Quadra-Drive II/Quadra-Trac II (Trailhawk & option on others)

Quadra-Drive II

Quadra-Trac II (older I version here)

Stage_3 12/31/17 09:05 AM

^^Awesome post man. I really appreciate it. I will watch every single one after I come home from the gym. Awesome. :nice:

Yeah, the SRT8 is a lot of money as well. I would be weary of buying anything that is a used muscle car or sports car. The Trackhawk is very expensive. The one I want and built is just under 90k. It's pretty much already loaded up. I don't want the sunroof or the premium leather. I LOVE the alcantra and leather seating much better. So, excluding those 2 items right there saves me a ton of cash.
Like I said, it depends on how well they treat my trade-in. If I like the numbers, I'll do it. If not, no harm done. (You don't ask, you don't get. :grin: lol) I can only imagine how bad *** it must be to driving automotive history. The fastest and most horsepower stock suv out there.

Again, thanks for the videos man. I appreciate it.

shaneyusa 1/1/18 09:59 AM

I have priced my dream version too, about $97K plus tax and title. Maybe if I win the lotto, but you have to play first. :grin:

Not a fan of the fake suede. After seeing a few used ones on the lot found it is not what I thought it was. Nothing more than a a microfiber cloth insert, it is not leather at all. Not even a good fake leather. Terrible and a lint catcher to boot. Make sure you look at a few used before you buy this option. It does not hold up and has gotten a pile of complaints.

Also the pano top is awesome. Have it in both of mine. Really lightens up the cabin. But I also like the glasstop on my Mustang too, and know you are not a fan.

Good Luck and keep it coming.

And a Happy New Year to all you guys! :nice:

Stage_3 1/1/18 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by shaneyusa (Post 7023727)
I have priced my dream version too, about $97K plus tax and title. Maybe if I win the lotto, but you have to play first. :grin:
Not a fan of the fake suede. After seeing a few used ones on the lot found it is not what I thought it was. Nothing more than a a microfiber cloth insert, it is not leather at all. Not even a good fake leather. Terrible and a lint catcher to boot. Make sure you look at a few used before you buy this option. It does not hold up and has gotten a pile of complaints.
Also the pano top is awesome. Have it in both of mine. Really lightens up the cabin. But I also like the glasstop on my Mustang too, and know you are not a fan.
Good Luck and keep it coming.
And a Happy New Year to all you guys! :nice:

Yeah,.......97K is out of my range as well. Then add in taxes and all that jazz. No thanks. :doh: lol (I'm looking to get over 30K for my truck. Only 2 years old and low mileage, only at 10,400 at the moment. Plus, well kept and ceramic coated as well. This is the only reason I can afford a Trackhawk.)

That sucks about the alcantara seating. I like that much better than the leather. I was under the impression it was the leather seating that was having issues with wear and not the alcantara? I don't care for the all leather seating to be honest. I like the looks of the alcantara/leather seating instead. Not because it's cheaper, but I honestly like the looks better. My Roush is the same way. Breaks up the all leather look.
Happy and healthy New Year bro!

shaneyusa 1/1/18 09:33 PM

Understand! I know the seating is a personal preference, just not for me. Check it out you may be ok with it. I opted for higher priced perforated leather seats over the Ultrasuede seats in the Trailhawk. Just could not do the Ultrasuede...

Hope they give you what you want out of you rig and things work out! Good Luck!

Stage_3 1/2/18 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by shaneyusa (Post 7023763)
Understand! I know the seating is a personal preference, just not for me. Check it out you may be ok with it. I opted for higher priced perforated leather seats over the Ultrasuede seats in the Trailhawk. Just could not do the Ultrasuede...
Hope they give you what you want out of you rig and things work out! Good Luck!

Thanks man. I appreciate the kind words and info.
I will keep you posted.

Originally Posted by Gravydog316 (Post 7023782)
I saw a HUGE shiny new Jeep driving the other night,
but it was too dark to check it out.
Any guesses what it was?
It was the biggest Jeep I have ever seen!!

Without photos, it's hard to tell. The Trackhawk looks like a Grand Cherokee, but a bit more sportier and faster. Way faster! lol

Stage_3 1/3/18 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Gravydog316 (Post 7023829)
The one i saw was at night & like 7 feet high

Yeah,......that definitely WAS NOT a Trackhawk then. lol

shaneyusa 1/3/18 10:58 PM

This will get you going...

fourdegrees11 1/4/18 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by shaneyusa (Post 7023860)

Holy cow that thing launches like a rocket, made the challenger look slow out of the hole. Have we got an official weight? That's one thing Dodge/Jeep havent figured out, how to build a vehicle that isnt a boat

shaneyusa 1/4/18 07:26 AM

Haven’t found any official numbers on weight, but looks like around 5360 lbs according to the press. Nothing in Jeeps material that I can find. The quick launch is possible because of Jeeps 4x4 system that is designed to move power to the wheels with traction. It does very little spinning of the tires.

Could one of you guys buy me one already?:jester:

Stage_3 1/4/18 09:36 AM

HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA :D

I think the weight is 5,500 lbs. But, it is a Jeep after all, right??
The thing that gets me is that thing will beat almost all the cars out there right now from 0-60. AND, it will probably beat most cars out there in a 1/4 mile race. That is nasty. Most videos I have seen are WITHOUT launch control engaged as you cannot engage it till after the 500 mile "break-in" period. Disgusting!! lol :D
Of course, I'm talking stock versus stock.

Stage_3 1/4/18 11:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Holy smokes!!! lol
100% completely stock.

SpectreH 1/4/18 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Stage_3 (Post 7023883)
Holy smokes!!! lol
100% completely stock.

That is one impressive Fiat!

fourdegrees11 1/4/18 07:04 PM

That 60' time is crazy, guys on a full drag pack struggle to hit those kind of times. This thing has the potential to be an 1/8 mile beast, but it definitely starts to loose its advantage the further out you go

Stage_3 1/5/18 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by SpectreH (Post 7023885)
That is one impressive Fiat!

Very impressive indeed. lol

Originally Posted by fourdegrees11 (Post 7023904)
That 60' time is crazy, guys on a full drag pack struggle to hit those kind of times. This thing has the potential to be an 1/8 mile beast, but it definitely starts to loose its advantage the further out you go

I concur. It loses steam the longer it goes out.
But, those 0-60 and quarter mile times!?! For a Grand Cherokee?!?! :confused:

denlem 1/10/18 04:16 PM

I have the regular Cherokee Trailhawk. The 4WD in that is awesome. With my 2014 I passed so many people on hills in the snow. I have a 2017 now and haven't had a chance to be out in the snow yet, but the same system so it should be just as good.

This is my 4WD system...

Stage_3 1/10/18 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by denlem (Post 7024122)
I have the regular Cherokee Trailhawk. The 4WD in that is awesome. With my 2014 I passed so many people on hills in the snow. I have a 2017 now and haven't had a chance to be out in the snow yet, but the same system so it should be just as good.
This is my 4WD system...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvQVaFKPIPI

That's awesome Dennis. :nice:
I take it you like the Jeeps as you had a 2014 and now a 2017, correct?

denlem 1/11/18 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Stage_3 (Post 7024127)
That's awesome Dennis. :nice:
I take it you like the Jeeps as you had a 2014 and now a 2017, correct?

I liked the 2014 but had a lot of trouble with it. Transmissions were developing problems and mine was one of them. I had mine replaced but it was never the same. I struggled through and finally got rid of it and got a 2017 Hyundai Tucson. I wasn't a fan of that and saw a good deal back in August on a new 2017 Cherokee and grabbed it. So far so good with it!

Stage_3 1/11/18 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by denlem (Post 7024155)
I liked the 2014 but had a lot of trouble with it. Transmissions were developing problems and mine was one of them. I had mine replaced but it was never the same. I struggled through and finally got rid of it and got a 2017 Hyundai Tucson. I wasn't a fan of that and saw a good deal back in August on a new 2017 Cherokee and grabbed it. So far so good with it!

That sucks about the 2014. Let me guess????? The clunking sound??
Hopefully the new one is going to be a great ride for you man. Good luck Dennis.

denlem 1/11/18 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Stage_3 (Post 7024157)
That sucks about the 2014. Let me guess????? The clunking sound??
Hopefully the new one is going to be a great ride for you man. Good luck Dennis.

Clunking, slamming, etc. One of the issues with the 9 speed was supposed to be a snap ring position. I guess it could break or something like that. One of the recalls had you bring it into the dealer and they would hook it up to the computer and stress it and have it fail. Mine passed, then failed a few weeks later. :doh:

I was tempted for a GC when I got the 2017 and there was a nice one in the showroom. My wallet said no though.