General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

2018 Jeep Trackhawk

Old 1/12/18, 02:21 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem
Clunking, slamming, etc. One of the issues with the 9 speed was supposed to be a snap ring position. I guess it could break or something like that. One of the recalls had you bring it into the dealer and they would hook it up to the computer and stress it and have it fail. Mine passed, then failed a few weeks later.

I was tempted for a GC when I got the 2017 and there was a nice one in the showroom. My wallet said no though.
That sucks man. That's always the case. Right after being in the shop, the issues arise.
Good luck with the new ride Dennis. Enjoy.
Old 10/14/18, 01:31 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Went to my local Dodge dealership today to look at the Trackhawk that they have in the showroom. What a MISTAKE!!! lol
I want one. What a beast. Such a beautiful machine. (Also, the fastest and most horsepower SUV in the world. Can't forget that!!! lol) I've been doing a lot of research on them lately.

The reason I went was to sit in it and see if I like it. Reminds me a lot of my truck, only a lot nicer!! lol The ones with the moonroofs have the alcantara pillars and roof lining. I don't want the moonroof though. It takes about 6-8 weeks for delivery as I am going to order mine, probably early/mid March. They are marking that one down a lot. It has the moonroof, which is the only downfall. I can live with the color as well. Looks absolutely killer with the black wheels and yellow calipers. Filthy!! lol
So, we'll see how it goes. If I get what I want for my truck, I'm ordering one. If not, well,.........it wasn't meant to be.

Last edited by Stage_3; 10/14/18 at 01:32 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10/14/18, 06:24 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Sounds like a winner to me! What color are you looking at?
The following users liked this post:
Stage_3 (10/15/18)
Old 10/15/18, 02:47 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Sounds like a winner to me! What color are you looking at?
Thanks bro.
I have no idea yet. I like the black, but that's a ***** to keep clean, so probably not. I like the Redline Red as well. The one they had in the showroom was the Velvet Red. That looked killer with the black wheels and yellow calipers.

I just hope I can afford it. I won't know till mid-March when I go to see if we can strike a deal. Plus, it depends what they give me on my truck. I'm not going to give it away. I should have a raise coming early next year as well too, so that should help. I really want that Jeep. It's a beast, but if you ever get to sit in one and walk around it, please do. It's really nice and you can tell it's a monster in sheep's clothing. lol
Old 10/17/18, 06:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Thanks bro.
I have no idea yet. I like the black, but that's a ***** to keep clean, so probably not. I like the Redline Red as well. The one they had in the showroom was the Velvet Red. That looked killer with the black wheels and yellow calipers.

I just hope I can afford it. I won't know till mid-March when I go to see if we can strike a deal. Plus, it depends what they give me on my truck. I'm not going to give it away. I should have a raise coming early next year as well too, so that should help. I really want that Jeep. It's a beast, but if you ever get to sit in one and walk around it, please do. It's really nice and you can tell it's a monster in sheep's clothing. lol
Do those have the Hellcat engine? I'm not sure if they deal much on those, maybe I'm wrong. I'm needing a 4 door car, and thinking of the GC Trailhawk, plus I'd like to do some mild offroading, though the new JL Wranglers do look nice.

Check out the Jeep Forum and Jeep Garage looking for the GC section.
Stage_3 (10/18/18)
Old 10/18/18, 02:06 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Rog13GTCS
Do those have the Hellcat engine? I'm not sure if they deal much on those, maybe I'm wrong. I'm needing a 4 door car, and thinking of the GC Trailhawk, plus I'd like to do some mild offroading, though the new JL Wranglers do look nice.
Check out the Jeep Forum and Jeep Garage looking for the GC section.
Yes, the Trackhawk is the beast. Has the Hellcat engine. The fastest and most horsepower stock SUV out there to date. I am a member on Jeep Garage and have been for quite some time now. I also troll on the Trackhawk forum to browse around and am a member on the Hellcat.org site which has a Trackhawk forum.
Burton has a new Wrangler. A buddy at work would love to buy a new Rubicon. He keeps talking about it and showing me photos. They look really ice.
Old 10/18/18, 08:28 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,618 Posts
Fanboy...
Stage_3 (10/19/18)
Old 10/19/18, 08:28 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Fanboy...
LMFAO

I like the Jaguar F-Pace SVR as well, but I want to stick with American muscle, even though the Jaguar is A LOT nicer interior-wise.
That vehicle isn't coming out till 2019. I don't think they'll be on showroom floors till the first quarter sometime. Some people have them on order already. lol (550HP supercharged V8 and over 500TQ. Pretty quick too. Does 0-60 in 4.1 seconds.)
Old 10/22/18, 05:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Smile

Yes, the Trackhawk is the beast. Has the Hellcat engine. The fastest and most horsepower stock SUV out there to date. I am a member on Jeep Garage and have been for quite some time now. I also troll on the Trackhawk forum to browse around and am a member on the Hellcat.org site which has a Trackhawk forum.
Burton has a new Wrangler. A buddy at work would love to buy a new Rubicon. He keeps talking about it and showing me photos. They look really ice.
I've looked at the Rubicons too, and would love to buy one, but 50K for a Wrangler is holding me back . Though depending on how you option the Trailhawk, I'm looking at 45ish.
Stage_3 (10/23/18)
Old 10/22/18, 10:07 PM

I've looked at the Rubicons too, and would love to buy one, but 50K for a Wrangler is holding me back . Though depending on how you option the Trailhawk, I'm looking at 45ish.
Kind of surprised me too. I bought a 17' Trailhawk fully loaded except I opted for a V6. Could not find any V8s with the options I wanted and did not want to order. Paid $42K without a trade. Was looking at the Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon first. Awesome vehicle, Really liked it! Just could not give up the tech items that were not offered on the JK. Not sure about the new models, but it felt like I got a whole lot more vehicle for the money with the Grand Cherokee Trailhawk over the Wrangler Unlimited. Wrangler only comes with the same V6 I bought. But I guess it really depends on how you are going to use it. JGC made a lot more sense for me. Could have gotten an '18 V8 for just over $45K, but would have had to wait about 8+ weeks because of the model year change. Now wish I would have ordered the V8. All I can say is that now my DD gets over 20mpg back and forth to work. Been driving it for over 15 months.

Now if I had plenty of spending cash the Trackhawk is what I really wanted. Just way too much denaro for me.

Last edited by shaneyusa; 10/23/18 at 07:14 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by shaneyusa:
Rog13GTCS (10/24/18), Stage_3 (10/23/18)
Old 10/23/18, 02:22 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Yeah,.....that's insane. I was shocked when I heard a loaded Rubicon is over 50K. WOW!

Now if I had plenty of spending cash the Trackhawk is what I really wanted. Just way too much denaro for me.
LMFAO
I want a Trackhawk bad bro. After sitting in it and being up close to it checking it out, yeah, it's a bad *****! lol
If I can afford it,..........I'm ordering one. It is a lot of cake for sure. I don't look at the full amount, I look at the monthly payment-wise. Insurance might be pretty expensive as well.
Old 10/23/18, 07:12 PM

Yeah,.....that's insane. I was shocked when I heard a loaded Rubicon is over 50K. WOW!

LMFAO
I want a Trackhawk bad bro. After sitting in it and being up close to it checking it out, yeah, it's a bad *****! lol
If I can afford it,..........I'm ordering one. It is a lot of cake for sure. I don't look at the full amount, I look at the monthly payment-wise. Insurance might be pretty expensive as well.
Basically $100k, ouch. Love to have one, of course I would even settle for a JGC SRT. At least that can be had for under $80k. That too is one awesome rig. Sure don't see these at dealerships now that the Trackhawk is out. Might find one for cheap.

Last edited by shaneyusa; 10/23/18 at 07:13 PM.
Stage_3 (10/24/18)
Old 10/24/18, 02:07 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Basically $100k, ouch. Love to have one, of course I would even settle for a JGC SRT. At least that can be had for under $80k. That too is one awesome rig. Sure don't see these at dealerships now that the Trackhawk is out. Might find one for cheap.
Yeah,.....the SRT Jeep is a beast as well.
I don't want a loaded Trackhawk so the price is about 90-92K. With my trade,...it's not so bad. Depending if they give me what I want for it. The Trackhawk is already pretty loaded. I don't want the moonroof , which is about 2k off right there.
Old 10/24/18, 03:22 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

I have to add,.......I'm only going to trade-in if I get what I want for my truck.
Mint condition 2016 Ram Sport 4X4 rcsb in Bright White, Cquartz Finest coated, 2" rear drop kit, Flowmaster Outlaw direct replacement muffler, with only 14,500 miles at the moment. I'm thinking by the time I get ready to trade, I'll have about 16,500.
Old 10/24/18, 04:56 PM

Well I wish you luck with your swap when/if it happens! Hope they are in a very generous mood and give you a great deal!
Stage_3 (10/25/18)
Old 10/24/18, 06:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Kind of surprised me too. I bought a 17' Trailhawk fully loaded except I opted for a V6. Could not find any V8s with the options I wanted and did not want to order. Paid $42K without a trade. Was looking at the Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon first. Awesome vehicle, Really liked it! Just could not give up the tech items that were not offered on the JK. Not sure about the new models, but it felt like I got a whole lot more vehicle for the money with the Grand Cherokee Trailhawk over the Wrangler Unlimited. Wrangler only comes with the same V6 I bought. But I guess it really depends on how you are going to use it. JGC made a lot more sense for me. Could have gotten an '18 V8 for just over $45K, but would have had to wait about 8+ weeks because of the model year change. Now wish I would have ordered the V8. All I can say is that now my DD gets over 20mpg back and forth to work. Been driving it for over 15 months.

The new JL's are really nice. The wife is trying to talk common sense into me, that a GC would be better for me and us, and she's right. I'd probably prefer the comforts of the GC over the Rubi. Though the new JL's have come a long way in terms of creature comforts. I could actually get 4 or 5 people in it, and drive it to lunch! My co-workers would appreciate that .

We dont live in an off roading area so there would be a limited amount I could realistically do, yearly. Plus the Jeep dealers seem to discount and deal more with the GC more than a Wrangler. We will see. Currently, I'm saving for a down payment. Looking to purchase around March.

Have you taken yours offroad? How do you like the Air suspension? How's the V6, since you said you would have preferred the V8. I dont have any visions of doing any "hardcore" off roading like rock/boulder crawling, but there are some easy and moderate trails I would like to do in Colorado and Moab before I get too old.
Old 10/24/18, 09:52 PM

The new JL's are really nice. The wife is trying to talk common sense into me, that a GC would be better for me and us, and she's right. I'd probably prefer the comforts of the GC over the Rubi. Though the new JL's have come a long way in terms of creature comforts. I could actually get 4 or 5 people in it, and drive it to lunch! My co-workers would appreciate that .

We dont live in an off roading area so there would be a limited amount I could realistically do, yearly. Plus the Jeep dealers seem to discount and deal more with the GC more than a Wrangler. We will see. Currently, I'm saving for a down payment. Looking to purchase around March.

Have you taken yours offroad? How do you like the Air suspension? How's the V6, since you said you would have preferred the V8. I dont have any visions of doing any "hardcore" off roading like rock/boulder crawling, but there are some easy and moderate trails I would like to do in Colorado and Moab before I get too old.
I really like the ride of this JGC. Infact I love everything about it except one thing. You guessed it. Mine is equipped with the safety package, blindspot, luxury package with leather, basically everything except block heater and rock rails which I did want but could not find. I know it can handle everything I need it to do. I do love the high MPG and it works for what I need it to do but...

Mine has seen very limited back road travel and nothing I would consider real off road. It has seen snow and ice, dirt roads and does excellent in that department. This is my 5th Jeep, first was a small '90 Cherokee, then 4 Grand Cherokees (99, 04, 12,17). Currently I own a 2012 Overland and 2017 Trailhawk Grand Cherokee. The 2012 primarily driven by my wife is the Overland with the Air Suspension and fully decked out (basically equipped like the 12 Overland Summit), it has the 5.7L V8 (360HP 390TQ). That is how I know I would rather have the V8. I just miss the feel of the power and acceleration a V8 offers. My previous two both had the small 4.7L V8, but the '04 Overland was blessed with the 4.7L H.O., an extra 30HP. They both were rated at less HP than the V6 in the new one. But the V6 is noticeably weak on torque. The V6 PentaStar in the JGC TH is rated at 295HP and 262TQ, where the '04 PowerTech was rated at 265HP and 330TQ. You can feel the difference in the missing torque. It lacks acceleration at higher speeds. The TH V6 feels fine from 0-50, but when you are running at 45 and need to pass, especially on a grade, it has very little left to give. Our speed limits are typically 65 to 70 on the two lane back country highways. So passing is important, plenty of slow goers. Most roads have some steep grades and when you need to pass it is nice to have that quick response to do the job. Of course none of these are anything like my Mustang, but come on. When you push the pedal I expect it to wake up and go. V6 makes the noise but has trouble getting out of its own way when I am above 45 or 50.

I believe that the V6 TH will have what it needs to do Colorado or Moab light offroading. Speed is good for what is needed for off road, but lacking for highway. There is a trade off Power or Gas Mileage with the JGC. The V8 can be a gas pig. I have seen it get over 20 mpg on the highway, but our normal driving with it hovers around 14mpg with no crazy Mustang spirited driving or towing. So I am kind of in the best of both. I have a V8 to take when I need it and a V6 to do my commuting. Both are great vehicles and I will be likely to buy another. I really like the Wrangler as well and came very close to buying a 17 Rubicon Recon (Black with Red). But don't expect to get the same mileage with the PentaStar V6 that I am getting on the JGC. The Wranglers are geared for climbing and off road. I know many who have them and most are seeing 13-15 MPG.

The JGC is a much more comfortable traveling rig and is not a full blown off roader, But it can be decked out and compete with the Wrangler. For most people it will do anything you can do in a Wrangler. The Wrangler will do more if your are going to get into serious rock climbing and extreme stuff. It is primarily designed to do that. It is not the most comfortable commuter. It takes a bit of work to drive on highways.

It is a tough decision. Believe me I was there last summer. Drive all three, Wrangler Unlimited, and both gas engines in the JGC. Some are very high on the diesel as well, but I don't have experience with that one. You will know what is right for you once you give them a try. Good Luck!

Last edited by shaneyusa; 10/24/18 at 10:07 PM.
Rog13GTCS (10/25/18)
Old 10/25/18, 06:57 AM

Did not say much about the air lift system... Works well. Can lift approx 4" above normal ride height. Can drop around 3". settings allow choice to turn on an auto drop to curb height when parked. This is nice and helps when you don't want to have to climb in to a tall rig. I really do not notice much difference in ride from any other higher end SUV. Handles corners well, no real sway when steering back and forth (Say quick lane changes). Ride is very stable and not what I would call soft, ride is firm but not jarring or harsh. The system works well and is able to provide the extra clearance when needed. I do like that it auto adjusts to an aero mode when driving at highway speeds to help with handling and MPG. You will like it!

Last edited by shaneyusa; 1/5/19 at 08:45 AM.
Rog13GTCS (10/25/18)
Old 10/25/18, 02:15 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Well I wish you luck with your swap when/if it happens! Hope they are in a very generous mood and give you a great deal!
Thank you sir!
I really appreciate that!
Old 10/25/18, 05:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
LMFAO

I like the Jaguar F-Pace SVR as well, but I want to stick with American muscle, even though the Jaguar is A LOT nicer interior-wise.
That vehicle isn't coming out till 2019. I don't think they'll be on showroom floors till the first quarter sometime. Some people have them on order already. lol (550HP supercharged V8 and over 500TQ. Pretty quick too. Does 0-60 in 4.1 seconds.)
Same engine as the Range Rover 5.0 SC hi-output models ... just learned all about them in my new Service Advisor training ... up to 575 hp and 516 ft-lbs of torque ... and yeah, over $130k but you know ... Range Rover, not Jeep .... lol
Stage_3 (10/26/18)

Search this Thread