General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

2007 Toyota Camry

Search this Thread

Old 6/24/05, 02:13 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not bad, not bad at all. Looks more luxury than current generation.

Click Here

Old 6/24/05, 02:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm sorry but I don't like the looks of the Camry, Accord, or Maxima. They're just too rounded for me and this looks really "fat" in the back from what I can tell

I prefer the sharper edges and lines on a car
Old 6/24/05, 02:51 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
why are they trying to hide it? its not like a camry will stand out or attract attention or anything
Old 6/24/05, 02:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by future9er24@June 24, 2005, 4:54 PM
why are they trying to hide it? its not like a camry will stand out or attract attention or anything
Old 6/24/05, 08:47 PM
I'm people, and I like.

wow, their 4 cylinder at 170-180 and the 6 at 250-260
Old 6/24/05, 09:13 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by future9er24@June 24, 2005, 2:54 PM
No, but it will be best selling sedan for another God-know-how-many years and you don't wanna your competition to know your secret.
Old 6/24/05, 11:36 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i know, im just kidd-- hey! the dodge charger is the next best selling sedan until the falcon comes over that is...

Old 6/25/05, 04:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Red Star@June 24, 2005, 11:16 PM
No, but it will be best selling sedan for another God-know-how-many years and you don't wanna your competition to know your secret.
They might be in trouble in the next few years though if they keep having the problems they do. I would have to go with the charger if I had a choice, even though I'm not a Dodge fan at all either

Yes Arin lets keep praying that the Falcon arrives on our shores someday
Then there would be no doubt what I would be parking in my garage
Old 6/25/05, 05:48 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Andy, Taurus managed to stay in top 3 from 1997 until 2004 and that was one of worst Ford sedans ever build (trust me, I know, I had one). If Taurus managed to stay #3, Camry will manage to stay #1, no matter what happens.

I would also take Charger compared to Camry, but only V8 Charger. I have one V6 Dodge and I would never buy another one (Chrysler 300 may be different story because it looks awesome).
Old 6/26/05, 11:42 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Red Star@June 25, 2005, 7:51 PM
Andy, Taurus managed to stay in top 3 from 1997 until 2004 and that was one of worst Ford sedans ever build (trust me, I know, I had one). If Taurus managed to stay #3, Camry will manage to stay #1, no matter what happens.

I would also take Charger compared to Camry, but only V8 Charger. I have one V6 Dodge and I would never buy another one (Chrysler 300 may be different story because it looks awesome).
Zoran the Camry has suffered numerous problems over the past few years. People are going to start noticing and caring about whether they are buying a quality vehicle or not. If they keep suffering from ill ridden bugs, people are going to stop buying them. They won't over night but they will over the years. Thats toyo's problem, they have the mentality that no matter what junk they produce people will continue to just buy their vehicles which is farthest from the truth. People in today's world are more and more frugal over what they spend their money on, and most certainly won't want to spend it on a vehicle that has failed the side crash test miserably. Plus them raising prices has just backed them further into the corner.

The Taurus was also a very good car, numerous mechanics and people I know who own them swear by them. Heck my parents had one and it was great. It ran flawlessly for 245K+ with no mechanical problems whatsoever.

The 300 C is offered with a 5.7 Hemi now too.
Old 6/26/05, 11:52 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@June 26, 2005, 11:45 AM
Zoran the Camry has suffered numerous problems over the past few years. People are going to start noticing and caring about whether they are buying a quality vehicle or not. If they keep suffering from ill ridden bugs, people are going to stop buying them. They won't over night but they will over the years. Thats toyo's problem, they have the mentality that no matter what junk they produce people will continue to just buy their vehicles which is farthest from the truth. People in today's world are more and more frugal over what they spend their money on, and most certainly won't want to spend it on a vehicle that has failed the side crash test miserably. Plus them raising prices has just backed them further into the corner.

The Taurus was also a very good car, numerous mechanics and people I know who own them swear by them. Heck my parents had one and it was great. It ran flawlessly for 245K+ with no mechanical problems whatsoever.
In that case, what will happen to Ford? Everybody knows what recalls Focus had. Everybody knows when that women that was in an accident in Explorer sued Ford and won a lot of money. Everybody knows about that Expedition that started on fire because of AC problems that almost killed that family. Just read reviews on new 500, most of people will tell you that is waaaaay to boring and won't be success. Or how about recall on Ford GT when Ford told all owners not to drive it under any circumstances until they fix the problem? Do I need to keep going?

Another thing, Honda Accord V6 always had transmission problems, but it was always in top 2 (behind Camry). This is happening for a while now, but Accord is still #2.
Old 6/26/05, 12:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Number one... that family has no proof it was there vehicle, do you? No I think not. How do you know they were not irresponsible and decided to find a scape goat? I've seen people do that in my firefighting career. And if you read the article the government found no link to the switch whatsoever! Still Ford did the safe thing and discontinued it. Would toyota do that? Don't bet on it!

Number two... the lady in the Explorer you are reffering to. She was hit by an RV and rolled 5 times! Had she been in a Toyota she wouldn't be able to sue. That vehicle saved her life but she's too vain to see that!

Number three... the 500 has gotten 5 star crash rating all around and is extremely safe. Nuff said on that.

Number four... Ford did have the recall with the GT but had the decency to tell people not to drive them until they were fixed. Toyota doesn't even have the decency to do that.

So what does toyota do.... Fail the side crash test in 2 of their top selling vehicles with "death or serious injury imminent."

They have their Prius stalling out on the road and fail to initialize any sort of investigation until the U.S. Government steps in to do something.

Then their Tacoma fails the rollover test miserably. Again with "death or serious injury imminent."

Then there's the matter of the Camry engines seizing not too long ago. What does toyota say, "Oh its not our fault its the consumer." All those people had to throw thousands of dollars into their car because people would not get reimbursed until once again the U.S. Goverenment had to step in.

Nuff said?

I grow tired of having to rehash everything Zoran. The facts are out there and frankly I don't care what car company you like. Thats up to you and I completely respect that.

But you really should realize that toyota is not "holier than thou." And just like every other company on earth they have problems too and right now they seem to be having many. Thats the point I'm trying to get across. The camry won't remain number one if they don't address the issues they have been having. Its common ecomomics, you must build and maintain a trust in the consumer. If they have with you thats fine, but with me and many others they have not.
Old 6/26/05, 12:39 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT+June 26, 2005, 12:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1999 Black 35th GT @ June 26, 2005, 12:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Number one... that family has no proof it was there vehicle, do you? No I think not. How do you know they were not irresponsible and decided to find a scape goat? I've seen people do that in my firefighting career. And if you read the article the government found no link to the switch whatsoever! Still Ford did the safe thing and discontinued it. Would toyota do that? Don't bet on it!
[/b]

Interesting thing is, it happen on Ford, not on any other company's vehicle. I never heard people that own other SUVs complain that their SUV started on fire during the night.

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@June 26, 2005, 12:16 PM
Number two... the lady in the Explorer you are reffering to. She was hit by an RV and rolled 5 times! Had she been in a Toyota she wouldn't be able to sue. That vehicle saved her life but she's too vain to see that!
Oh yeah, that's why people sue Toyota for death of their families in Toyota.

Number three... the 500 has gotten 5 star crash rating all around and is extremely safe. Nuff said on that.
Safe yeah. Reliable - no.

Number four... Ford did have the recall with the GT but had the decency to tell people not to drive them until they were fixed. Toyota doesn't even have the decency to do that.
You know why Toyota never does that? Because Toyota doesn't have that big of a problems when just driving a car something could go wrong and they could lose control of the car.

I grow tired of having to rehash everything Zoran. The facts are out there and frankly I don't care what car company you like. Thats up to you and I completely respect that.
Yeah, the facts are out there, the fact that Toyota outsold Ford in any vehicle comparison other than Trucks. And you know what, Toyota is in foreign country and they are still outselling home made product (Ford). Do you wanna look at the numbers of Ford sales in Japan?

<!--QuoteBegin-1999 Black 35th GT
@June 26, 2005, 12:16 PM
The camry won't remain number one if they don't address the issues they have been having. Its common ecomomics, you must build and maintain a trust in the consumer. If they have with you thats fine, but with me and many others they have not.
[/quote]

Let me ask you this: would you buy late 1990s Camry? You probably wouldn't even though that one didn't had any issues at all. So no matter what Toyota does, you're no gonna like it.
Old 6/26/05, 01:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Interesting thing is, it happen on Ford, not on any other company's vehicle. I never heard people that own other SUVs complain that their SUV started on fire during the night.
You know every vehicle that has caught fire do you? Huh then I guess you knew that a garage fire that we put out was traced back to a 4runner! Not everything is published Zoran. Its called sensationalist journalism.

Oh yeah, that's why people sue Toyota for death of their families in Toyota.
People have sued Toyota for safety reasons. Before you say they haven't you need to researched every legal case in the U.S. Hope you have a lot of sapre time. Don't be so ignorant as to say they haven't unless you know for sure.

Safe yeah. Reliable - no.
They've haven't been out for a year yet. No accurate reliablilty test have been done. But I assume you knew that ahead of all of us too. Lets see what is going on with recalls though. *Gasp* NONE!

You know why Toyota never does that? Because Toyota doesn't have that big of a problems when just driving a car something could go wrong and they could lose control of the car.
I guess you totally missed the 880,000 Suv and truck recall due to ball joints giving out. Which if you know anything about vehicles is in fact a SAFETY issue!

Yeah, the facts are out there, the fact that Toyota outsold Ford in any vehicle comparison other than Trucks. And you know what, Toyota is in foreign country and they are still outselling home made product (Ford). Do you wanna look at the numbers of Ford sales in Japan?
You ever think that could be because the Japanese government taxes us each time we export a vehicle there? While in fact we don't tariff them.... hmm.. interesting issue there. Glad you brought it up.

Zoran, every argument you have brought up has backfired. Act like a civil adult and quit trying to make them perfect. THEY'RE NOT!
Old 6/26/05, 01:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

This topic has been rehashed over and over and over again. I think it needs to get back on topic or be closed out before it turns ugly.
Old 6/26/05, 01:15 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Let's keep any discussion civil. Debating products isn't a bad thing, but arguing for the sake of arguing isn't going to help anyone. Especially if the "facts" are opinion. Let's get this topic back on track, or we'll have to lock it.
Old 6/26/05, 01:19 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

No, they are not perfect, but they are still better than Ford. Toyota is the company that haven't lost money in a while (at least not a lot of money), its already in front of Chrysler and Ford in foreign country, and soon they will be in front of GM too. Toyota is the company that 20 years ago was nobody compared to big 3, but now they are ahead of 2 out of 3 of those "Big" companies and they will pass GM soon.
Not bad for a company that can't make safe car, huh?
Old 6/26/05, 01:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Zoran did you not read what JeffreyDJ just said?

You're opinions are fine but they are not "facts" plain and simple. You can think that they are better if thats what makes you sleep at night. But right now it isn't fact, not this model year at least.

I don't care what you think about Ford, but what I get sick of is you constantly trying to force your opinion on others. Especially on a Ford website.

If you want to buy them fine, if you think they're better than Ford fine, if you think they're safe fine. But quit forcing it upon everyone else.

I read and research the information and go from all kinds of sources and find that they are not more reliable than Ford and far less safe. Thats my opinion and I'm sticking to it. I never told you you have to except it, but the way you come across makes your opinion to me mean nothing to me and certainly losses a lot of ground with other members.
Old 6/26/05, 01:40 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

I haven't read what Jeffrey wrote because I was writing message at the same time. I don't try force my opinion on others. I just say what I think its the truth. I don't give a darn about both Ford and Toyota, but I'm realistic. I know you're American and that sticking to "Build by American for American". I knew many people who were crazy about domestic cars and they are now driving imports. Why? Well, one of them had cars like Taurus and Intrepid and they were nothing but junk. And then he bought Camry and he couldn't be happier. Yep, you know who I'm talking about.

Like I said, in few years Toyota will be number 1 in FOREIGN COUNTRY. Toyota passed Ford few years ago, do you get that? They are in front of Ford and you're still trying to tell me that Ford is still better.

Speaking of safety ...
CLICK HERE
Old 6/26/05, 01:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Zoran I have had Japanese cars before. I loved my Subaru and I love my Element so I don't just but american.

Just because a company sells more does not make it better. The best and safest company in my opinion is Subaru. And they're japanese! But they don't outsell Ford but they are still better quality!

Yes, they recalled the superduties and I do not deny all companies have recalls. But look at the number of the vehicles compared to toyo's latest, 880,000! They've had six in just over six months.

My favorite company is Ford and always will be. Toyota has no ground to stand on right now. They have faltered in both safety and reliability not a good combo.

Sales do not make a company the best. You should know that from GM as a prime example..... BUT....

If this topic is to remain open Zoran we must agree to disagree. I do not want it to be closed but I think we need to set aside the differences and just say we have different opinions about our vehicles.

I understand that you don't mean to come across pushy, sometimes I forget that english is not your first language.

Cheers
Andy

Quick Reply: 2007 Toyota Camry