General Vehicle Discussion/News Non-Mustang Vehicle Chat, Other Makes

2007 C&D 10 Best List! NO MUSTANG!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11/29/06, 07:45 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
3 series deserves to be on the list, but so does the Mustang.
Old 11/29/06, 09:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
All I know about the list, is that if I wanted a fun to drive sporty car, I can't afford most of the winners. Forget the Cayman, and Vette. Too much $$$$. I won't buy a Miata, and while the Speed 3 sounds great (and is a good value) its front wheel drive, and I won't be suprise if there is some serious torque steer. And about the VW, No offense Joe, but I just don't like VW's. Too many horror stories in regards to repair bills, and quality.
The list wasnt 10 best sporty fun to drive, affordable cars. if it were, i would be willing to bet that the stang would be on it. especialy since the vette is considered a true sports car. and the cayman/boxster, dont know of any car that only has 260ish HP and not be affordable.

as for the maintenance thing. if your an car enthusiast, that option should be availible. and also. you like what you like, you love the kind of cars you love. for me vw's are much more than a way to get around. the people, the events, the types of stuff you can do. just soo cool. kinda like ECS, just better people to enojy your car with. the VW scene is more of what i am into, then the cars themselves. i had more fun taking my 115hp jetta (but at least i sounds cool, and my dad is driving it so i still see it) to waterfest and leaving it in a parking lot, then i ever did re-washing my car at some car show with the '07.

its nice to talk to people that aren't checkbook enthusiasts, like the MKIV,and MKV guys. 3/4's of the reason i am into cars is my enjoyment of working on them, like this past weekend when i put a hurst in the '07. or when i redid the interior, and took out and installed the engine of my dads 1969 boss 302, converted back to stock exhaust, rebuilt the power steering myself.. just soooooo much more of a sense of accomplishment when i pull into drive thru in it, and someone says "man that is a sweet car" to know that the only reason its on the road is because i put the engine in it, i made the clutch work, i redid the interior. just soo cool

sorry to go off on a tangent, i just get carried away

Old 11/29/06, 09:54 PM
Cobra R Member

but i still just wish that a stinking automotive journalist would MAN UP, and grow a pair, and write an article like 10 WORST cars of the year, and acutally go ahead and put 10 pieces of GM garbage in it.
Old 11/29/06, 11:05 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by thezeppelin8

My favorite car in that list is the MazdaSpeed3! The engineers created a fwd pocket rocket without the tourque steer (they have a tourqe "controller" designed especially for it)

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Very cool design. Maybe they should offer it to Acura. I have to call up my local Mazda store, and ask them if I can take one out for a drive one day.
Hondas/Acuras have torque?
Old 11/30/06, 06:03 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by hi5.0
Originally Posted by thezeppelin8

My favorite car in that list is the MazdaSpeed3! The engineers created a fwd pocket rocket without the tourque steer (they have a tourqe "controller" designed especially for it)

Hondas/Acuras have torque?
they dont have no torque. however they do have some kind of torque steer
Old 12/7/06, 03:19 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Cheese302
The list wasnt 10 best sporty fun to drive, affordable cars.
I agree. What was their criteria for "10 Best"?

Just cause the Stang didn't make it THIS year, doesn't diminish the car in any way.
Old 12/7/06, 03:21 AM
Closet American

but i still just wish that a stinking automotive journalist would MAN UP, and grow a pair, and write an article like 10 WORST cars of the year, and acutally go ahead and put 10 pieces of GM garbage in it.
Are you disturbed about something?
Old 12/8/06, 09:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by BC_Shelby
Are you disturbed about something?
nah i just dont like general motors. hard to work on, pain in the *** to diagnose, ugly for the most part, garbage interiors.

thats all
Old 12/8/06, 09:38 PM
Closet American

...garbage interiors.
I would submit it depends upon the model and the year. I can show you plenty of Fords with garbage interiors, and new GMs with stunning interiors.
Old 12/10/06, 12:30 AM
Cobra R Member

I would submit it depends upon the model and the year. I can show you plenty of Fords with garbage interiors, and new GMs with stunning interiors.

agree to disagree on that one. outside of the GTO i havent seen a good solid interior out of gm period.

yeah ford is kind of the same way. i still just think ford lays stuff out better and are easier to work on, and dont have the same kinds of problems that just make me scratch my head.

i'd rather work on a VW then a GM anyday
Old 12/10/06, 01:04 AM
Closet American

agree to disagree on that one. outside of the GTO i havent seen a good solid interior out of gm period.
You mean garbage like this >>

Old 12/11/06, 08:41 AM
Cobra R Member

we'll see how they look/sound in a few years. stuff wont work, seat cushions will wear out, stuff will rattle, panels will shift out of alignment.

you name it. besides, i am not here to argue, my opinion wont change. if i am buying a car purely for the interior, its not going to be made in the US at all. any japanese car or european will be better. even if they are final assembled in america or mexico, just a better interior experience.

my mustang wasnt purchased because of any specific reason. i just LOVE mustangs. i have a 96 cavalier to drive daily, because it was given to me. just saving up to buy another car. hopefully an MKI gti in good shape, or an early 90's integra sedan
Old 12/11/06, 07:33 PM
Closet American

we'll see how they look/sound in a few years. stuff wont work, seat cushions will wear out, stuff will rattle, panels will shift out of alignment.
Perhaps, in which case it will merely expedite GM's course towards extinction...at least in North America.

you name it. besides, i am not here to argue, my opinion wont change.
Which is precisely why domestic automakers have such an uphill battle.

if i am buying a car purely for the interior, its not going to be made in the US at all. any japanese car or european will be better. even if they are final assembled in america or mexico, just a better interior experience.
Agreed. Again, I hope this changes, for the sake of Ford and GM's survival.

my mustang wasnt purchased because of any specific reason. i just LOVE mustangs. i have a 96 cavalier to drive daily, because it was given to me. just saving up to buy another car. hopefully an MKI gti in good shape, or an early 90's integra sedan
I frequently lambast North American automakers for their generally poor interiors. Unfortunately, it's not a popular opinion around this board, regardless of the fact that it's true. Yet if you look at the myriad complaint posts on this site about the new Mustang (things breaking, wearing out, funny noises, poor dealership experiences, etc.) you get a powerful sense that - so far, anyway - it's still "business as usual" at the Blue Oval.
Old 12/11/06, 08:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Perhaps, in which case it will merely expedite GM's course towards extinction...at least in North America.

Which is precisely why domestic automakers have such an uphill battle.

Agreed. Again, I hope this changes, for the sake of Ford and GM's survival.

I frequently lambast North American automakers for their generally poor interiors. Unfortunately, it's not a popular opinion around this board, regardless of the fact that it's true. Yet if you look at the myriad complaint posts on this site about the new Mustang (things breaking, wearing out, funny noises, poor dealership experiences, etc.) you get a powerful sense that - so far, anyway - it's still "business as usual" at the Blue Oval.
totally agreed. i have already removed the dealer from my personal experience. i have been there once since i bought my car.. to pick up the plates. thats all. as for anything else. my car has been great. i love it to death, nd i guess i just have a good understanding of the way stuff works in a car. must have been that 4.5 years of engineering school or something. we'll see. now if ford would only keep importing european fords. we would have something to bring to the battle.