The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Canada (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f646/)
-   -   Pony Drive (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f646/pony-drive-386789/)

Dan 5/17/04 09:49 PM

Things not looking great for the Pony Drive as the Ford MoCo HQ is closed on the weekend so they've had to reorganize their plans. Also, the 05 may not come to Canada.

I am in correspondance with one of the organizers who said he will let me know if the 05 is coming to Canada.

Here's part of the e-mail I sent:

John,

I am interested in seeing the 2005 Mustang and would like to know where I could meet up with it on May 23? I live just north of Toronto and Niagara Falls is quite a drive. I understand you were originally scheduled to come to Oakville but that has been changed. I’ve seen the updated schedule but am not sure what the best place to meet up is/best place to see the 05 in person is?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John's Response:

Hi Danny,
I'm sorry I can't promise you that the 05 will actually be coming into Canada. I have got a couple queries out with Ford, but no answers as yet. I talked to Dave Turnbull on the weekend, and he doesn't know for sure. So whatever you decide, you may be disappointment.

I promise you though that you will enjoy yourself if you join the caravan for a while. You may want to consider meeting the caravan in Woodstock at Sean Hyland's, then cruising to downtown Toronto before heading home.

If I get confirmation on the 05 before my wife and I head for Dearborn on the 19th, I will let you know.
John

Arboc 5/18/04 05:19 AM

post i made on gtamc.com forums:

e-mail sent to me:

Hi Kevin
John Ziraldo's letter that was put up on the forum is pretty much the
plan.
We will not be using Ford HQ other than to meet at 10:00am to run up to
Sean Hyland Motorsport in Woodstock were we will greet PDII at noon and
tour the SHM facility.
From there we will split into two groups leaving Woodstock around
2:30pm. Many of the PDII participants want a photo op in Toronto so
some will be going downtown to Fort York where Metro Police have a photo
set-up they use with the T.O. skyline in the background. The rest of
the group will cruise the Niagara Parkway and do a wine tour at
Inniskillin Winery.
Then all will meet at the Butterfly Conservatory on the Parkway around
6:30pm, and from there tour Niagara Falls and make dinner plans. At
dusk everyone will meet at the PDII hotel the Hampton Inn on the US side
for Victoria Day fireworks.
The group going to Niagara will meet up with the Niagara Classic Mustang
group just after crossing the skyway. Hopefully some GTAMC members can
join up. It will be a fun day. Apart from PDII, Sean Hyland's facility
is worth seeing. He has some neat stuff.
Even though it is May 24, I think if people are in town, they may be
looking for something to do. Maybe we should start a new thread on
gtamc.com. Do you want to or should I?
Thanx
Steve Davidson

ok who wants to meet at Ford HQ in oakville for 9:30 - 9:45am ish to join this cruz??? (again this is sunday may 23) - i will be there - please chime in if u plan to attend - thank you

BTW for more info or anyone local to toronto - if u want to check out a local mustang forum once and a while - start at www.gtamc.com - sign up to the forums and post away :)

Arboc 5/18/04 05:25 AM

i will be at oakville HQ for about 9:45am ish to join the cruz to SHM - if anyone cares to show up there - i will be driving this stang:

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/3833/gt.jpg

come on over and say hello :-D

bsu legato 5/18/04 02:14 PM

I guess the cances of it passing through Winnipeg are between slim and none, huh? :(

Galaxie 5/18/04 06:23 PM

Originally posted by Dan@May. 17th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Things not looking great for the Pony Drive as the Ford MoCo HQ is closed on the weekend so they've had to reorganize their plans. Also, the 05 may not come to Canada.

:crying: :eek: :dunno: :fuss: :scratch: :shock:

I disappear for 3 days and come back to this... very disappointing..

montreal ponies 5/18/04 08:19 PM

Originally posted by Galaxieboy+May. 18th, 2004, 6:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Galaxieboy @ May. 18th, 2004, 6:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dan@May. 17th, 2004, 10:52 PM

:crying: :eek: :dunno: :fuss: :scratch: :shock:

I disappear for 3 days and come back to this... very disappointing.. [/b][/quote]
Luckily for you you probably have seen the car at the TO show, it didn't even make it to the Montreal show....unfortunately , the Mtl auto show is mostly a dealership auto show. I still havent seen the car yet......Some of my buddys went to the Nashville 40TH and tell me they weren't impressed by it! :crying: But that's just their opinions, i'm sure the car looks great, but will have to wait for it to show up at dealerships next fall.....So no pre-ordering for me....Gotta see the thing first before i buy.

Boomer 5/18/04 08:33 PM

Galaxie saw it in Detroit...I saw it in TO and so did Dan....

I would have liked to see it at the PonyDrive...
I don't think I'm headed up north...a cruise may be in order ;)

Kev..how many people you think will be involved?

Galaxie 5/18/04 08:53 PM

daniel,

I saw the car in detroit but wanted to see it on the pony drive. It was so packed at Cobo hall you couldn't snap a decent picture. Plus I wanted the chance to see the car up close, maybe sit in it.

don't believe your friends.. this car is a knockout.

Dan 5/18/04 09:18 PM

I'm trying to have faith here. You'd think having the 05 come to T.O. would be great marketing. Unless they figure its already been to the autoshow.

I'm not sure if I'm going to meet up at Oakville or Woodstock if there is no 05.

Boomer, there are 20 cars that are scheduled to travel the entire trip. Those will be there for sure. Plus any local clubs/cars that wish to join. I'm guessing they'll be around 40+.

Galaxie 5/18/04 09:24 PM

sigh..

we went from 3 '05's coming to Oakville to none...

Arboc 5/19/04 06:32 AM

Originally posted by Boomer@May. 18th, 2004, 9:36 PM

I would have liked to see it at the PonyDrive...
I don't think I'm headed up north...a cruise may be in order ;)

Kev..how many people you think will be involved?

so far i have zero GTAMC interest to meet at Ford HQ (except for me) - ther ewill be GHMA members at Ford HQ and i do have a few GTAMC members meet up with the PDII at SHM - so prob more than 20 but not much more than 40 total

Arboc 5/19/04 06:38 AM

Originally posted by Boomer@May. 18th, 2004, 9:36 PM

sat in the 05 in TO :-D :-D

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/3833/2005sitin.jpg

:banana: :banana:

see some of u guys on sun at Ford HQ?!?

Dan 5/19/04 06:51 PM

I hate you.

We'll see about Sunday.

I'm really getting bummed out about this thing not materializing.

Boomer 5/19/04 07:02 PM

Might be a good excuse to get out and have a good cruise/meet?
Eh sucka's :)

Boomer 5/19/04 07:04 PM

Just as a note weatherwise...as of now...

Oakville
Sat 22nd: 60% chance of rain/thunderstorms
Sun 23rd: 60% Cloudy with showers

Dan 5/19/04 07:06 PM

Originally posted by Boomer@May. 19th, 2004, 9:07 PM
60% Cloudy
Wow, those meteorologists are good. :jester:

Boomer 5/19/04 07:18 PM

Shut it..Cloudy with 60% chance of rain
My brain is fried alright ;)

Galaxie 5/19/04 07:23 PM

Originally posted by Boomer@May. 19th, 2004, 8:05 PM
Might be a good excuse to get out and have a good cruise/meet?
Eh sucka's :)

tell you what...

i'll go to Canadian tire, buy some rattle-can paint for the Galaxie and drag it there behind my '89 Areostar... :jester:

then again.. i'll just take the taurus and park at the back

Arboc 5/20/04 07:23 AM

i will be at Ford HQ on sun may 23 for 9:30 - 9:45am ish - rain or shine :-D - to meet up with the GHMA

Dan 5/21/04 08:59 AM

Any new news?? Arboc etc.?

I'm seriously considering either meeting up in Oakville and driving to Woodstock or driving straight to Woodstock.

Best I can do is bring a Ford Badged car though (Probe GT). No Mustang yet. :rolleyes: