West Coast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Socal Stangers, where you at?

Search this Thread

Old 1/16/14, 12:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sky Hye
how about a meet at legends in Glendora then a cruise up GMR??
Well that idea went up in flames, literally. Sad news guys, in case you haven't already seen the massive smoke plume, that place is on fire at the moment. I'm on the 11th floor of a building about 30 miles away and I could see it clearly, smoke seems to be heading directly in Sky Hye's direction. Hopefully they put it out quickly
Old 1/16/14, 01:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by roadrunner

Well that idea went up in flames, literally. Sad news guys, in case you haven't already seen the massive smoke plume, that place is on fire at the moment. I'm on the 11th floor of a building about 30 miles away and I could see it clearly, smoke seems to be heading directly in Sky Hye's direction. Hopefully they put it out quickly
oh man lol
Old 1/16/14, 01:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Boo!!!!! I blame camaro owners. We all know they are evil.
Old 1/16/14, 02:02 PM
Cobra Member

I went outside today and the ground was orange and the sky was black. Im about 30 miles away and the smoke is right over us. I used to live about a mile or 2 from GMR and I am all to familiar with the fires there. Makes me sad.

Anyway, anyone have any suggestions for places we can cruise?
Old 1/17/14, 02:25 PM
Cobra Member

Anybody run Michelin Pilot super sports?
Old 1/18/14, 07:32 AM
Bullitt Member

My plans for Sunday is anyone is bored and wants to join in on the fun.
Name:  FB_IMG_13899991125148805_zps1rdubsmi.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  202.7 KB
Old 1/25/14, 09:04 PM
beb
GT Member

^ Ooh... Congrats on the new swag! Once you get suspension into this car, it is just freaking perfect!
Old 1/25/14, 09:35 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by beb
^ Ooh... Congrats on the new swag! Once you get suspension into this car, it is just freaking perfect!
I agree. All I did to my car for performance was suspension. It totally changed the car. I couldn't be happier. How are the mods coming on your car?
Old 1/26/14, 11:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I also agree
Old 1/29/14, 08:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by beb
Yup. Completely different car now.

Originally Posted by Mr. V
I agree. All I did to my car for performance was suspension. It totally changed the car. I couldn't be happier. How are the mods coming on your car?
Its amazing what $1100 worth of suspension will do for these cars.

Originally Posted by mustangray
I also agree
I also agree
Old 1/29/14, 08:52 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
Yup. Completely different car now. Its amazing what $1100 worth of suspension will do for these cars. I also agree
Now we have to get you on the track!
Old 1/30/14, 10:43 AM
Cobra Member

I'm thinking about going.
Attached Thumbnails Socal Stangers, where you at?-image-3818697219.jpg  
Old 1/30/14, 11:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Now we have to get you on the track!
I would love too. Ive never been on a track before so it would be fun and terrifying at the same time.
I'm thinking about going.
Why does it always have to be on a Saturday? I sadly will be at work from 6AM-10PM that day.
Old 1/30/14, 11:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just wondering, how many would be up for a meet with TMS stangers?

Would be nice to meet again but seems a lot of you have died since the last one lol

Post up if you're still alive
Old 1/30/14, 11:29 AM
Cobra Member

Just wondering, how many would be up for a meet with TMS stangers? Would be nice to meet again but seems a lot of you have died since the last one lol Post up if you're still alive
I'm alive. Just swamped per usual. Filming season dies down in the winter so we have time to fill the gap with engineering projects so I get swamped with projects. In generally free weekends when I'm not photographing weddings.

I'm down for another wings/burgers/pizza meet.
Old 1/30/14, 11:31 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
I would love too. Ive never been on a track before so it would be fun and terrifying at the same time.
Haha. That's how it feels every time I crank my ignition.

Tracking it truly a thrill so long as you're not overconfident off the bat and you get some good instructors. It really teaches you how far you can push your vehicle and makes you a much better driver in the process.
Old 1/30/14, 11:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm alive. Just swamped per usual. Filming season dies down in the winter so we have time to fill the gap with engineering projects so I get swamped with projects. In generally free weekends when I'm not photographing weddings.

I'm down for another wings/burgers/pizza meet.
Awesome! I saw your post about that other meet, but personally I'm not too comfortable with massive meets with people I've never met, don't wanna get shot and/or arrested or crash lol. like what happened with that one guy in irvine when his front splitter fell off on the freeway lol

Haha. That's how it feels every time I crank my ignition.

Tracking it truly a thrill so long as you're not overconfident off the bat and you get some good instructors. It really teaches you how far you can push your vehicle and makes you a much better driver in the process.
Do you think it's more or less difficult than carving canyons on a motorcycle? for some reason it seems more intimidating in car
Old 1/30/14, 01:40 PM
Cobra Member

Awesome! I saw your post about that other meet, but personally I'm not too comfortable with massive meets with people I've never met, don't wanna get shot and/or arrested or crash lol. like what happened with that one guy in irvine when his front splitter fell off on the freeway lol Do you think it's more or less difficult than carving canyons on a motorcycle? for some reason it seems more intimidating in car
As long as you're not an idiot your car or your body won't be damaged lol. I've met some great people at meets. Like Ray!

Racing is close to the same depending if it's a track or autox. Canyons are certainly riskier because of cliffs and oncoming traffic. I've seen a mclaren wipe out at a track but that's because he was an idiot and didn't know his car or had any seat time. Autox isn't so bad cause if you wipe out, all you'll hit are cones. I've done that once. Did a 180 cause my tires were too hot. I prefer a course over canyons though. Much safer IMO. Plus there are instructors and newbie groups that you rub together with
Old 1/30/14, 01:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

As long as you're not an idiot your car or your body won't be damaged lol. I've met some great people at meets. Like Ray!

Racing is close to the same depending if it's a track tainly riskier because of cliffs and oncoming traffic. I've seen a mclaren wipe out at a track but that's because he was an idiot and didn't know his car or had any seat time. Autox isn't so bad cause if you wipe out, all you'll hit are cones. I've done that once. Did a 180 cause my tires were too hot. I prefer a course over canyons though. Much safer IMO. Plus there are instructors and newbie groups that you rub together with
True. I dont mind smaller meets, but that one looks like its gonna be massive.. 30+ cars.. Mostly cobra's or older mustangs. And im not trying to offend, but ive noticed that generally speaking, those with older fast cars, especially if theyre young, will sometimes act like idiots.. Whereas those with newer cars, typically are still more obsesed with taking care of the car cause its still newish and so wont be so stupid it. I could be wrong be thats just what ive seen

Im definitely not going to the canyons with this thing... Last time i did that if scared the hell out of me.. Up on little tunjunga canyon.The lanes are soo narrow. I found some much nicer, safer roads, near lakes and parks. Im interested in autox, looks fun.
Old 1/30/14, 10:31 PM
beb
GT Member

Originally Posted by Mr. V
Great, suspension and wheels are done... Exhaust and FI to come later this year. I'll post a thread on the articles soon.

Quick Reply: Socal Stangers, where you at?