West Coast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Socal Stangers, where you at?

Search this Thread

Old 11/6/13, 10:57 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PonyMuscletang13
Hmm... pleading not guilty I see. I wouldn't worry too much since you got all the evidence, although I understand how frustrating this can be. The other party is only making it worse by avoiding the contact, acknowledging he's at fault - Merging into left lane without checking the blind spot -Were you/your insurance able to get a hold of the other party's insurance? My mod list was pretty basic, currently a resonator delete and racing stripes are the top two... actually these should've been done back in april-ish until things kept happening: the very recent one includes engine tick, which was out of nowhere totally unexpected. Sigh.
Stripes... I've been toying with that idea. I was thinking about getting silver carbon fiber stripes. I just don't wanna do myself
Old 11/7/13, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by roadrunner
Happily, I'm not. Anybody ever driven down malibu canyon road?
I have quite a few times. Nice viewpoints for the sunset and the curves are perfect for spirited driving. No nice cars to battle initial D style tho
Old 11/7/13, 12:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mu5tang_GT
I have quite a few times. Nice viewpoints for the sunset and the curves are perfect for spirited driving. No nice cars to battle initial D style tho
It's a really nice road! I've driven down mulholland highway and down pch many times, but never down malibu canyon. Went my first time last week, left me speechless. I'm still on the hunt for a long straight away nearby.. I know few out near the desert but thats too far lol
Old 11/7/13, 01:39 PM

It's a really nice road! I've driven down mulholland highway and down pch many times, but never down malibu canyon. Went my first time last week, left me speechless. I'm still on the hunt for a long straight away nearby.. I know few out near the desert but thats too far lol
Lets us know of your findings....and we should uh, "measure" just a 1/4 mile of the road...together...side by side...lol

But on a serious note, what other routes do you guys find nice for spiritual driving? Im in the valley and the only good places ive been to were big bear mountain roads and malibu canyon
Old 11/7/13, 03:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mu5tang_GT
Lets us know of your findings....and we should uh, "measure" just a 1/4 mile of the road...together...side by side...lol

But on a serious note, what other routes do you guys find nice for spiritual driving? Im in the valley and the only good places ive been to were big bear mountain roads and malibu canyon
guessing by your name, you will win the 'measurement' with your GT lol. nevertheless, i will let you know when i find the straights.

most of the roads i know are because of my motorcycle days, so they have lots of curves. one really nice road is at the west end of the 118 freeway. dont remember what its called though but ill look it up

EDIT: nevermind found it. It's called "Grimes Canyon Road". I definitely wouldnt go fast on there with a mustang, unless it's suspension is fully upgraded. otherwise though its a very nice drive

Last edited by roadrunner; 11/7/13 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11/7/13, 03:40 PM
GT Member

guessing by your name, you will win the 'measurement' with your GT lol. nevertheless, i will let you know when i find the straights.

most of the roads i know are because of my motorcycle days, so they have lots of curves. one really nice road is at the west end of the 118 freeway. dont remember what its called though but ill look it up
I'm in Simi Valley, if possible we should try to do a meet & cruise somewhere one day.
Old 11/7/13, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by onequickstang
I'm in Simi Valley, if possible we should try to do a meet & cruise somewhere one day.
We definitely should. I remember seeing a thread about a mustang meet or valley club or something, but i lost it and never seemed to find the thread mentioning them and there meets.
Old 11/7/13, 04:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by onequickstang
i actually dont live anywhere near that area. i just know cause i tend to start on the road and just go wherever it takes me. like that time i found that place because i was on my way back from Ojai, CA. not much planned either, just looked for a random lake on the map and then got on my way lol. which reminds me, another sweet road is around Lake Casitas!

the freedom with motorcycles is great indeed lol.

but a cruise sounds nice
Old 11/7/13, 08:21 PM
Cobra Member

[QUOTE="Mu5tang_GT;6711537"] Lets us know of your findings....and we should uh, "measure" just a 1/4 mile of the road...together...side by side...lol But on a serious note, what other routes do you guys find nice for spiritual driving? Im in the valley and the only good places ive been to were big bear mountain roads and malibu canyon[/QUOTE

Glendora mountain road is one of the best. I used to cruise that a lot. Beautiful views, very very twisty banks, and nice straightaways. Also great for stargazing. It uses to be my go to auto Photoshoot location till i moved.

I'm down for a trip someplace though as soon as my car is fixed. Maybe even an autocross event?
Attached Thumbnails Socal Stangers, where you at?-image-3591225680.jpg  
Old 11/7/13, 08:26 PM
Cobra Member

Here Are some more photos of the road with my bug in them.
Attached Thumbnails Socal Stangers, where you at?-image-3567269166.jpg   Socal Stangers, where you at?-image-2628401352.jpg  
Old 11/7/13, 08:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Sky Hye
Here Are some more photos of the road with my bug in them.
Nice! Love the roof rack! What year was it?
Old 11/7/13, 08:30 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Mr. V
Nice! Love the roof rack! What year was it?
It was an all original 61. Thanks. Very different than a 5.0. It was a 1.2L lol. 41 hp when it was made.
Old 11/7/13, 08:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Sky Hye
It was an all original 61. Thanks. Very different than a 5.0. It was a 1.2L lol. 41 hp when it was made.
Lol. They are fun cars. I bought one right after high school to learn how to do body work and paint. It was the first car I ever painted. I had a 72 superbeetle. It wasn't pretty or a collector car but it was fun.
Old 11/8/13, 10:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Late to the facebook but here is mine if you guys put together a FB group (https://www.facebook.com/matthew.matherly). I am driving out to Santa Monica to sell a few parts on Sunday if you guys want to drive out and hit the coast or something like that.
Old 11/8/13, 06:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
Late to the facebook but here is mine if you guys put together a FB group (https://www.facebook.com/matthew.matherly). I am driving out to Santa Monica to sell a few parts on Sunday if you guys want to drive out and hit the coast or something like that.
Around what time?
Old 11/8/13, 06:52 PM

You know I'm down with tht

Gee, I wonder whos buying parts fro you.
Old 11/8/13, 08:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Haha. I wonder. Not sure what time yet. It's up to GT.
Old 11/10/13, 01:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Haha. I wonder. Not sure what time yet. It's up to GT.
If its not too late, let me know i might show up
Old 11/10/13, 01:58 PM
Bullitt Member

If its not too late, let me know i might show up
Waiting to hear back from GT.
Old 11/12/13, 12:52 PM
Cobra Member

So they set me up with a challenger while my stallion is getting fixed. I may trade my mustang in for one of these!

SIKE!! I feel like I'm in a big metal bubble lol.
Attached Thumbnails Socal Stangers, where you at?-image-1025242008.jpg  

Quick Reply: Socal Stangers, where you at?