West Coast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Socal Stangers, where you at?

Search this Thread

Old 8/13/13, 11:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sky Hye
Happened to me. I rear ended a guy, there was no damage. He claimed $300 bodily injury. That 300 cost me a few thousand a year for 3 years. I woulda just payed him outta my pocket!!
jeeze, see what I mean? I don't get it, the companies get to screw you over by charging you extra when you make mistake, yet they don't have to give you your money back when you don't make any mistakes. I know they have those good driver discounts, but I still think its
Old 8/13/13, 11:38 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Jonathan73x

jeeze, see what I mean? I don't get it, the companies get to screw you over by charging you extra when you make mistake, yet they don't have to give you your money back when you don't make any mistakes. I know they have those good driver discounts, but I still think its
Good driver discount for me is 25%... But still I know what u mean
Old 8/13/13, 11:38 AM
beb
GT Member

I'm down almost every day. What's good for you? If ray doesn't chime in ill text him
Wednesday? Thursday? Think anyone else wants to join in?
Old 8/13/13, 11:50 AM
beb
GT Member

man that sucks. Well im glad she drove away lol.
Don't mean to blast you with questions, but I got another one, ive always wondered, why do insurance companies get to KEEP the money you give them? cause in my mind I was thinking how come the insurance companies don't return you your money if you had no accidents in the year? or at least part of the money(they can keep whatever operating costs). or maybe the first 3 yrs they can keep all your money, but after wards, every year that goes by that you don't have an accident, which to my understanding means your not costing them any money, then they should give you your money back.

Honestly seems like these companies make money off of doing absolutely nothing in some cases. what am I missing?

btw, nice car!
In your situation, since she drove off - I would actually have gotten her plate # and called the police. She fled the scene of an accident and didnt release her insurance information. She would have been cited and also been deemed at fault, most likely. However; your vehicles sustained little to no damage, so its probably below deductible anyways...

Yeah, for the average good-driver, insurance doesn't seem worth it... But its when you are in an accident that you realize the worth of it. Accidents are things that usually happen when you least expect it and you don't have much control over. One of the reasons I began working for my company is because of how they handled my claim I had.

I've seen it all... The driver who looked away for a split second to check his side/rear mirrors and when he looked back on the road, there was an animal who ran in front of him. Swerved and hit a vehicle with a mother and 2 small children. Was it very serious? Thankfully no, but they all had to get medical treatment and the cars were badly damaged. He had vented his frustrations about his insurance premiums, being an accident/ticket free driver for over 10years... but in this instance, Im sure he felt that his premium over that span of time was well worth the defense costs, medical costs and replacement of the vehicles... I don't think he could have shelled out the total of $95,000+attorney costs.

California offers the option to purchase a 30k bond if you dont want to carry insurance FYI
Old 8/13/13, 11:52 AM
beb
GT Member

Don't get me wrong, ANY company or business is doing what they do, so they can produce profits. Good ones.

But paying a company to cover you for liability, medical, property damage, rental car, towing, loss of use, legal fees etc is pretty worth it. Even if your chances of getting into an accident are slim, you never know!

Sorry, I am very passionate about insurance. lol
Old 8/13/13, 12:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by beb
In your situation, since she drove off - I would actually have gotten her plate # and called the police. She fled the scene of an accident and didnt release her insurance information. She would have been cited and also been deemed at fault, most likely. However; your vehicles sustained little to no damage, so its probably below deductible anyways...

Yeah, for the average good-driver, insurance doesn't seem worth it... But its when you are in an accident that you realize the worth of it. Accidents are things that usually happen when you least expect it and you don't have much control over. One of the reasons I began working for my company is because of how they handled my claim I had.

I've seen it all... The driver who looked away for a split second to check his side/rear mirrors and when he looked back on the road, there was an animal who ran in front of him. Swerved and hit a vehicle with a mother and 2 small children. Was it very serious? Thankfully no, but they all had to get medical treatment and the cars were badly damaged. He had vented his frustrations about his insurance premiums, being an accident/ticket free driver for over 10years... but in this instance, Im sure he felt that his premium over that span of time was well worth the defense costs, medical costs and replacement of the vehicles... I don't think he could have shelled out the total of $95,000+attorney costs.

California offers the option to purchase a 30k bond if you dont want to carry insurance FYI

I totally understand what you mean, but I just generally don't like big corporations period lol. for example you mentioned all the costs for the doctor stuff.. the medical companies are cons too. not doctors, I think doctors are amazing people especially the ones that got into it to help their fellow man. but the companies that control them are evil. some oldsters used to tell me how back in the day, doctors would be local and caring. they actually cared about helping people, not just making a bunch of money. didn't need insurance, and some would actually come to your house to help you out if need be. and attorneys... I work for a law firm. im no attorney, but ive seen some of the stuff they do, or have to deal with themselves.. really its all just a way to steal money from the common person as far as im concerned. technicalities and unnecessary flat out thieving methods.

It is what it is I guess. don't get me wrong though, I got nothing against employee's(well most lol), its the big CEO's and board of director type people I don't like.. the insurance lady that helps me is freaking awesome! saved me a bunch of money, so you guys are great

anyway, sorry for my rant. My name is Jonathan, nice to meet you Beb
Old 8/13/13, 12:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by beb
Don't get me wrong, ANY company or business is doing what they do, so they can produce profits. Good ones.

But paying a company to cover you for liability, medical, property damage, rental car, towing, loss of use, legal fees etc is pretty worth it. Even if your chances of getting into an accident are slim, you never know!

true good point.

"I am very passionate about insurance. lol" --
Old 8/13/13, 12:29 PM
beb
GT Member

Nice to meet ya Jonathan Come out to dinner next week!
Old 8/13/13, 12:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by beb

Lol. My insurance told me that I'd probably be screwed. I have an unusual opinion of insurance. My family has had one agent for all our insurance since I was 2. I'm 39 now. He attended birthday parties and became a family friend. He even recommended I change car insurance when his company was much higher than another. He even set me up with another agent. I think this experience makes me not mind paying for piece of mind.
Old 8/13/13, 12:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by beb
Nice to meet ya Jonathan Come out to dinner next week!
Sure! Just depends what day, time, and where. mainly where, cause im near Hollywood, but seems most of you guys are in orange county
Old 8/13/13, 12:51 PM
beb
GT Member

Originally Posted by Mr. V
Lol. My insurance told me that I'd probably be screwed. I have an unusual opinion of insurance. My family has had one agent for all our insurance since I was 2. I'm 39 now. He attended birthday parties and became a family friend. He even recommended I change car insurance when his company was much higher than another. He even set me up with another agent. I think this experience makes me not mind paying for piece of mind.
That is awesome. My mom was an agent and the reason why I became one. She always taught me to do the right thing for the client, even if that meant not signing with me. In the long run, it pays off.

Jonathan - Yeah, we're usually in OC. Maybe we can do a little LA shindig later, I might be switching to an office up there in a few weeks...
Old 8/13/13, 01:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by beb
That is awesome. My mom was an agent and the reason why I became one. She always taught me to do the right thing for the client, even if that meant not signing with me. In the long run, it pays off.

Jonathan - Yeah, we're usually in OC. Maybe we can do a little LA shindig later, I might be switching to an office up there in a few weeks...

Nice more LA mustang owners!!! I barely see any mustangs around here.. and the ones I do see seem to be rentals. I did see one nice blue 08 yesterday, apparently the girl was even headed in my direction right next to where I live. would be nice to have neighbors with mustangs
Old 8/13/13, 01:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey beb long time no see

Hope you guys still remember me, hehe.
Speaking of which, I'd appreciate some insurance recommendations. Still working on getting quotes, is Geico really any good?
Old 8/13/13, 01:54 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by PonyMuscletang13
Hey beb long time no see

Speaking of which, I'd appreciate some insurance recommendations. Still working on getting quotes, is Geico really any good?
Hey Paul! Where you been? Don't say geico around Beb!
Old 8/13/13, 02:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Paul! Where you been? Don't say geico around Beb!
Hey Shant! Good to see you I was on a... eh its a long story. Lets just say I'm trying to get the confidence back on my stang. Oops on Geixx, what have I done?!
Old 8/13/13, 02:16 PM
Cobra Member

Hey Shant! Good to see you I was on a... eh its a long story. Lets just say I'm trying to get the confidence back on my stang. Oops on Geixx, what have I done?!
Haha. Good to have you back. You gonna try to meet up with us next week?
Old 8/13/13, 02:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Haha. Good to have you back. You gonna try to meet up with us next week?
Why not, I missed you guys anyways heh. Where to?
Old 8/13/13, 02:25 PM
beb
GT Member

Hey beb long time no see

Hi Paul! How ya been? Try to make it to dinner next week

Geico is decent. Their premiums for auto insurance these days arent very competitive from what Ive gathered though.

If you have a clean record, Id definitely give Farmers, Liberty Mutual, State Farm, AAA a shot... If you have tickets/accidents - Bristol West, Mercury and ESurance.

Just remember, you get what you pay for. Not all insurance companies are created equal.

The difference is usually apparent when you have a claim. How fast they settle, how they value the damage/car value, etc.
Old 8/13/13, 02:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DarKsidE323
It does the job. Anyone going to Burbank Krispy Kreme meet on Tuesday night?
Just wondering, is anybody from here planning to go to this tonight?

Last edited by roadrunner; 8/13/13 at 02:28 PM.
Old 8/13/13, 02:28 PM
beb
GT Member

Just wondering, is anybody from here planning to go to this?
Not I.... =T

Quick Reply: Socal Stangers, where you at?