West Coast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Socal Stangers, where you at?

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/13, 09:20 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DarKsidE323
I'm interested in tracking. I just installed a whiteline watts link, lca's, and relocation brackets. Next I move to the front to do Kenny Brown lca's, steeda bumpsteer kit, and Maximum CC plates. Then once it cools down I'm gonna hit the track!!!!
What is your car?

Awesome mods. You have two options, if you are just for having fun keeping all that hush and compete in FS (F stock). Option two is let them know and they will move you to F modified, where you will compete with highly modified cars.
Old 8/10/13, 01:34 AM
GT Member

Sounds good. I have an 07 GT 500. That is not stock anymore..... Running R1 coilovers, whiteline watts, ford racing fr500s lca's, lca relocation brackets, intake, tune, bassani exhaust.
I'm going to tackle front suspension next with Kenny Brown front lca's, bumpsteer kit, and Maximum Motorsports cc plates.
Then I will jump on making more power.
Old 8/10/13, 06:13 PM
Cobra Member

Sounds good. I have an 07 GT 500. That is not stock anymore..... Running R1 coilovers, whiteline watts, ford racing fr500s lca's, lca relocation brackets, intake, tune, bassani exhaust.
I'm going to tackle front suspension next with Kenny Brown front lca's, bumpsteer kit, and Maximum Motorsports cc plates.
Then I will jump on making more power.
Sounds like its a beast!
Old 8/12/13, 12:54 AM
GT Member

It does the job. Anyone going to Burbank Krispy Kreme meet on Tuesday night?
Old 8/12/13, 01:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
****! My car will be in the shop. A small fender bender will keep me stangless for a week or so.
Old 8/12/13, 02:39 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Mr. V

****! My car will be in the shop. A small fender bender will keep me stangless for a week or so.
Noooo. What happened?
Old 8/12/13, 07:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Why do these things always end up on weekdays? thats what the weekends are for people!! lol

Oh well, burbank is sort of close, but what time will it be at?
Old 8/12/13, 09:31 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Sky Hye

Noooo. What happened?
I was backing out of a parking space and someone felt that racing past my back bumper was smarter than waiting.
Old 8/12/13, 11:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ouch. Sorry to hear.
Old 8/12/13, 04:40 PM
Cobra Member

I was backing out of a parking space and someone felt that racing past my back bumper was smarter than waiting.
Effers. That happened to my dad. It's definitely the other drivers fault. Insurance didn't put you at fault right?
Old 8/13/13, 12:16 AM
Cobra R Member

Effers. That happened to my dad. It's definitely the other drivers fault. Insurance didn't put you at fault right?
They are "arguing it" with the other insurance.
Old 8/13/13, 08:01 AM
Cobra Member

They are "arguing it" with the other insurance.
F that. It's his fault.
Old 8/13/13, 10:21 AM
beb
GT Member

Unfortunately, If you are the one backing out; 90+% chance, it will be your fault. Even if that jackass was speeding in an unsafe manner, without proof that it was unavoidable on your part - it usually comes out as the person who is backing outs fault. It's almost the same as someone who rear-ends someone, you could have been driving a safe speed with the legal amount of distance between the car in front of you - but if they happen to slam on their brakes without warning; and even if you dont notice till too late due to broken brake lights - it still ends up being your fault.

I do believe you should fight it and argue your case, don't settle until you've exhausted all attempts to get cleared...

May I ask what company you are with and who they are with? It does make a difference...

<- Insurance Industry for 11yrs, so if you want to PM me any Q's I would be more than happy to try and help....
Old 8/13/13, 10:32 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by beb
Unfortunately, If you are the one backing out; 90+% chance, it will be your fault. Even if that jackass was speeding in an unsafe manner, without proof that it was unavoidable on your part - it usually comes out as the person who is backing outs fault. It's almost the same as someone who rear-ends someone, you could have been driving a safe speed with the legal amount of distance between the car in front of you - but if they happen to slam on their brakes without warning; and even if you dont notice till too late due to broken brake lights - it still ends up being your fault.

I do believe you should fight it and argue your case, don't settle until you've exhausted all attempts to get cleared...

May I ask what company you are with and who they are with? It does make a difference...

<- Insurance Industry for 11yrs, so if you want to PM me any Q's I would be more than happy to try and help....
Beb! Hey stranger. Happened to my dad and they put him at fault!
Old 8/13/13, 10:36 AM
beb
GT Member

Yeah.. Its one of those 'industry standards' for us. Yes, there have been a FEW instances where someone backing out of a stall or rear ending someone wasn't at fault; but generally it is.

Hi Stranger Stanger! When we doing dinner? You, Ray, Anyone else got time early next week? :P
Old 8/13/13, 11:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by beb

Question, what if 2 people are backing out from opposite sides and back into each other?

happened to me once, true story lol good thing was it was in some cheap'ol corolla and the lady new it was her fault, and just drove away quickly.. thankfully it was barely a tap. but I wonder who's fault it would have been?
Old 8/13/13, 11:20 AM
beb
GT Member

Originally Posted by Jonathan73x
Question, what if 2 people are backing out from opposite sides and back into each other?

happened to me once, true story lol good thing was it was in some cheap'ol corolla and the lady new it was her fault, and just drove away quickly.. thankfully it was barely a tap. but I wonder who's fault it would have been?
Those are super fun. *sarcasm* It will usually end up 50/50ish. Unless there is proof of one party being negligent to the other, its just a case of two people; both not paying enough attention.

The crappy thing about 50/50 is that you still have an 'at-fault' accident on your record. So if you are ever in a position where you are offered percentage fault, fight it as best you can; even if you are 1% negligent - you still have an at-fault, paid-out accident on your record for 3yrs here in CA.
Old 8/13/13, 11:26 AM
Cobra Member

Beb! Hey stranger. Happened to my dad and they put him at fault!
I'm down almost every day. What's good for you? If ray doesn't chime in ill text him
Old 8/13/13, 11:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by beb
Those are super fun. *sarcasm* It will usually end up 50/50ish. Unless there is proof of one party being negligent to the other, its just a case of two people; both not paying enough attention.

The crappy thing about 50/50 is that you still have an 'at-fault' accident on your record. So if you are ever in a position where you are offered percentage fault, fight it as best you can; even if you are 1% negligent - you still have an at-fault, paid-out accident on your record for 3yrs here in CA.
man that sucks. Well im glad she drove away lol.
Don't mean to blast you with questions, but I got another one, ive always wondered, why do insurance companies get to KEEP the money you give them? cause in my mind I was thinking how come the insurance companies don't return you your money if you had no accidents in the year? or at least part of the money(they can keep whatever operating costs). or maybe the first 3 yrs they can keep all your money, but after wards, every year that goes by that you don't have an accident, which to my understanding means your not costing them any money, then they should give you your money back.

Honestly seems like these companies make money off of doing absolutely nothing in some cases. what am I missing?

btw, nice car!
Old 8/13/13, 11:30 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Jonathan73x

man that sucks. Well im glad she drove away lol.
Don't mean to blast you with questions, but I got another one, ive always wondered, why do insurance companies get to KEEP the money you give them? cause in my mind I was thinking how come the insurance companies don't return you your money if you had no accidents in the year? or at least part of the money(they can keep whatever operating costs). or maybe the first 3 yrs they can keep all your money, but after wards, every year that goes by that you don't have an accident, which to my understanding means your not costing them any money, then they should give you your money back.

Honestly seems like these companies make money off of doing absolutely nothing in some cases. what am I missing?

btw, nice car!
Happened to me. I rear ended a guy, there was no damage. He claimed $300 bodily injury. That 300 cost me a few thousand a year for 3 years. I woulda just payed him outta my pocket!!

Quick Reply: Socal Stangers, where you at?