Southeast Post Club or Event Information and Meet Stangers in Your Area

Birmingham Area Drag Strips

Search this Thread

Old 4/17/06, 10:52 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to take my car to the drag strip this year.

Which Birmingham area drag strips are the best, where shoud I avoid?

Thanks

Tim
Old 4/18/06, 07:41 AM

I'm looking to do the same thing this year also. I've heard that Steele has a good track, but I've never been there. I've got a buddy that goes up to Bama dragway to practice and says it's ok. It's like $10 bucks to run all night and it's a 1/8mi track. That's about all I know.
Old 4/18/06, 09:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Steele is a 1/4 mile track and has test/tune night on Fridays. I think it is $10, also. Don't know about the track condition though. I haven't taken my car...yet.
Old 4/19/06, 06:41 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SilverBossGT @ April 18, 2006, 10:25 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Steele is a 1/4 mile track and has test/tune night on Fridays. I think it is $10, also. Don't know about the track condition though. I haven't taken my car...yet.
[/b][/quote]
Cool...Thanks.

I may drive up to steele and try it out this weekend.

Tim
Old 4/19/06, 07:01 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Steele is a decent track, but on friday nights they dont prep it as well as they could. Reason being is all the people up there just to have fun, dont realize that running through the water box on street tires is not needed and they drag water all over the place. So basically your gonna spin off the line. If they enforced it a lil better and made people drive around the water, it'd be 20x better IMO. I havent been on a friday night in years because of that and other stupid stuff people (kids) do in the pit area.

During the fall and winter, they used to do TnT on Sunday afternoons and it was great!

Bama is a good track if you dont care about 1/4mi. Its been probably 8 years since ive been out to Holiday Beach, but I know alot of fast cars go there so it must be decent.

The best 1/4mi track in AL I Know of is MMP (Montgomery Motorsports Park). Its a great facility and the track hooks. But its a bit of a drive. Well worth if its a event or track day or something.
Old 4/19/06, 08:47 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I havent been on a friday night in years because of that and other stupid stuff people (kids) do in the pit area. [/b][/quote]

I had heard that the kids were bad at Steele, but had not heard about the track prep problems.

MMP is only 8 miles farther away than steele from my house. May drive south Friday and give it a shot.

Thanks for the information!!!

Tim