2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Z-plan question

Search this Thread

Old 9/15/04, 04:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is my Dad who has the Z-plan discount, and I was told by Ford that the car needs to be in his name for 6 months before it gets transferred to my name.

Is this true?

If so, how do I work out financing?

I'm imagining that he would get the financing in his name (I'd make the payments though), then after 6 months I get financing in my name and take over the rest of the loan, and transfer the title into my name.

Anyone have experience with this?
Old 9/15/04, 04:20 PM

When I went in to pre-order my '05 they signed me up under the x-plan but said they didnt know if it would go through because it is through my moms job which is usually just extended to her and my dad. The salesman then told me that if it ended up that I didnt qualify for it then my only other option would be to add one of my parents onto the car and they would be a co-signer and then after six months they could be dropped off of the car.

So basically, my salesman told me the same thing..
Old 9/15/04, 04:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ahh, but the part I was not told was that they could simply be a co-signer. That would change things a bit. If Dad is a co-signer, then I can still finance under my own name.

But if he has to have it purely under his own name, that is different.
Thanks for the info.

Anyone else?
Old 9/15/04, 04:53 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know the car has to be under his name... I don't know about the financing.

One thing to watch out on, I don't know how it is in Michigan, but here when title is transferred you have to pay tax on the value of the car (darn Canadians and their taxes). Keep that in mind.
Old 9/15/04, 06:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by LindsB@September 15, 2004, 4:23 PM
When I went in to pre-order my '05 they signed me up under the x-plan but said they didnt know if it would go through because it is through my moms job which is usually just extended to her and my dad. The salesman then told me that if it ended up that I didnt qualify for it then my only other option would be to add one of my parents onto the car and they would be a co-signer and then after six months they could be dropped off of the car.

I ordered mine through the X plan.
All you need is sponser from Ford.
You need not be related or even know the person for that matter.
It's called Friends & Neighbors X-Plan.
It is at the dealers discresion wheather they will honor it. Most I hear will.
Mine is through my brothers wifes sisters husband. Got that?
I had to email him my SS# and mailing address.
I received an email from Ford that read:

Dear Mike,

Welcome! You have been enrolled by someone (someone@ford.com) as a member of the Ford Motor Company - Friends & Neighbors X-Plan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Ford Sponsor sent this personal message : Hey Mike - Give this PIN number to the dealer. He should know how it works. Someone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your membership benefits include exclusive access to "myplan.ford.com" , a special website designed to provide you with all of the features and benefits of the Friends & Neighbors X-Plan. Through this site you can research, obtain pricing and even locate the Ford Motor Company product you desire. Then request your PIN from your sponsor on-line with just a few keystrokes and visit your local dealer to take delivery - it's just that easy!
Click here to register with myplan.ford.com and learn more about the Friends & Neighbors X-Plan! Please note: this is a member-only web site and can only be accessed through this email link. Even if you are not currently in the market for a new vehicle, visit the site and take it for a "test drive" today!

If you are having problems accessing the registration link above please try the following:
Go to https://www.myplan.ford.com/ and use the following information to start the registration process:
Email Address = xxxxxxx@xxxxxx.net
Invitation ID = xxxxxxx

Click here to decline your sponsor's invitation to the myplan.ford.com web site.

AXZ Program HQ
P.O. Box 529
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303

I actually had to go to the link, register, and click on a link that said request pin number. Two minutes later I had the number.

Good luck.
Old 9/15/04, 06:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
AZD is much different then X plan.

I have never heard that an A plan can not be transfered from a father to son if the father is Z plan. If your father is retired Ford employee, you can be on the title by yourself, he just has to authorize the pin in your name. Usually you can give plans to brother/sister, mother/father, children, and spouses.

If your father is getting the Z plan(becomes A if you are not the retiree, same thing though) from say, his brother, then he DOES have to be on the title. You should be able to co-sign on either.
Old 9/15/04, 06:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks Kev. My father is, in fact, not the retiree, my grandfather is retired from Ford, but my grandfather is mentally incompetent, and my dad is the power of attorney for him.

Steve, in the US (or in Michigan anyway), if a title is being transferred from a direct relative, there are no taxes applied.
Old 9/16/04, 02:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Bump. Sorry, I need any other info. I can get.
Old 9/16/04, 07:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by LindsB@September 15, 2004, 4:23 PM

You can't just drop a co-signer. The bank likes the fact that two people are responsible to pay back the loan. You will have to reapply for a loan, very possibly at a higher used car rate. The jump in interest rate may negate any x-plan savings.

Just be careful so you don't get your parents tied into a 5 year loan with you, just to save a couple hundred dollars.

Paul