2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Worst XMAS

Search this Thread

Old 12/25/05, 06:51 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was driving home from the midnight mass at the local church with my grandmother, and had my left blinker on to make a turn, and some 17 year old punk decided he was going to pass me on the LEFT side, and sure enough destroyed my whole front driver side....when i got out, i almost killed the kid, but a cop that was nearby calmed me down.....i'll post the pics wen i get them developed....but anyway, merry xmas 2 all u, and be careful driving......

The link 2 see the damage:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/latinoheat69...m/ph//my_photos
Old 12/25/05, 07:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

Manuel,
Sorry to hear of you mishap, especially during Christmas. I'm glad that no one was hurt, especialy your grandmother. Cars can be replaced, people can't. Try to salvage what you can of the Cristmas season and then work on getting your car back on the streets.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Old 12/25/05, 07:07 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

That really stinks....I hope you can get her repaired quickly. Hang in there, and Merry Christmas.
Old 12/25/05, 08:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
That's terrible, really sorry to hear stuff like this. At least it sounds like you and your grandmother were uninjured, that's something at least.
Old 12/25/05, 09:08 AM
Cobra Member

I am glad you are ok and hope your grandmother is too. That really sucks. I hope the repairs go well. Take it easy and try to get the car in the shop ASAP and enjoy the rest of this holiday season.
Old 12/25/05, 10:50 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
17 used to be an okay age for kids to drive. Now, they're so spoiled and refuse to follow rules etc, most shouldn't drive till they're 21.
Old 12/25/05, 11:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt@December 25, 2005, 11:53 AM
17 used to be an okay age for kids to drive. Now, they're so spoiled and refuse to follow rules etc, most shouldn't drive till they're 21.

I bet you wouldn't feel that way if you were 17 again!

Sorry about the accident and have a good Christmas anyway.
Old 12/25/05, 11:27 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt@December 25, 2005, 12:53 PM
I don't really agree with that. Many 17 year olds I know are much better drivers than countless adult drivers.
Old 12/25/05, 11:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt@December 25, 2005, 11:53 AM
It's gotta be the fast 'n' furious influence. Ever since that dumb movie came out, some of the youth has gotten stupider and stupider as time goes by, which is ironic that I say this, because I'm only 22. LOL! Merry Christmas and drive safe!
Old 12/25/05, 05:31 PM
I Have Admin Envy

what an idiot kid

merry christmas to you
Old 12/25/05, 05:37 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
It always strikes me a bit funny that at 17 one isn't considered responsible enough to legally even pull a lever in a voting booth, but piloting several tons of potentially lethal metal is considered a.o.k.

And for the younger members, I'm not saying that all younger drivers are totally irresponsible, just that we seem to define "old enough" in not very consisent ways :scratch:
Old 12/25/05, 07:31 PM
V6 Member

Wow, hope your repairs go well!

I have been cut off by drivers in the inside left lane who suddenly decide to cut across the outside right lane to get onto a side street. Has happened twice in the past month that I've owned my new mustang! First time I found out how well the ABS works, and avoided having my car's front end taken off by an old lady in a Mercades. And then today, on the same street, another car just zipped right on across, no signal, oblivious to my horn and squealing tires!!

I really think they need to make people re-take the driving test every 5 years or something...
Old 12/25/05, 09:21 PM
V6 Member

For the 17 year old drivers, 50% of them give the other 50% of us a bad name. I would not say that all 17 year old drivers should be kept off the road, but I would agree that there should be a better set of tests to see if some kids are really prepared to handle the road. More importantly though, parents should be more responsible and quicker to take the keys away from teen drivers who are not responsible. I know of a kid (17) who has been in 5 or 6 accidents (his fault), and his parents have not limited his driving for more than a week after any of those times.

Sorry though to hear about your car, and hope all will be mended. Happy holidays.
Old 12/25/05, 10:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

age has nothing to do with it. it all depends on the individual. end of story.

there are pleanty of teenagers out there that drive far better and safer than adults.
Old 12/25/05, 10:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am a 17 year old kid, so I can give the perspective from the other side.

The problem with the driving tests is that they only test if you are a capable driver when you are trying and making sure you do everything perfect and safely in front of the tester. Then when you get the lisence, it gives you free will to do whatever stupid things you can think of. Unfortunealtey, there is no law that will really solve the problem.

You could raise the driving age, as they are doing here in Canada to 18 for a learners permit, but then you will get the 19 or 21 year old kids who get thier lisences for the first time and drive like donkies named jack. No matter what age you set it at, as soon as people get thier lisence for the first time, there will be some who are idiots.

The solution needs to come from the parents, they need to make sure that it is well worked into the kids head that they cannot go around driving like an idiot. No law is going to stop these idiots, because they dont care. So, yes it does suck that there are all these idiots on the road, but in today's culture, it is cool to drive like a donkey named jack, and kids dont really listen to thier parents, so really there is no solution. The only way these idiots are going to learn is once they actually hurt someone.

edit: The problem with making everone retake thier drivers test every 5 years is that most people can pass a drivers test, its when there is nobody watching that these people cant drive properly.

there are pleanty of teenagers out there that drive far better and safer than adults.
agree 100%
Old 12/25/05, 11:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oh man that SUCKS !!! Thankfully no one was hurt !!! I hope ya have a better new year !!!
Old 12/26/05, 08:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Glad to hear no one was hurt, except your stallion. Hopefully, you can get it fixed and move on to a happier new year.
Old 12/26/05, 08:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by roastedass@December 25, 2005, 8:54 AM
i was driving home from the midnight mass at the local church with my grandmother, and had my left blinker on to make a turn, and some 17 year old punk decided he was going to pass me on the LEFT side, and sure enough destroyed my whole front driver side....when i got out, i almost killed the kid, but a cop that was nearby calmed me down.....i'll post the pics wen i get them developed....but anyway, merry xmas 2 all u, and be careful driving......
Hi Manuel, sorry to hear about the accident. I'm not sure of the laws in your state but in Georgia we have whats called diminished value. I would push his insurance like crazy because even after repairsare done, they could be the highest quality repairs in the world, this law states that the insurance company MUST pay you for the loss of actual value of yuor car considering it has been repaired. To give you an example, I hit a deer in my CLK 430 Mercedes and it did 5k worth of damage to the car. The frontend had to be replaced, the hood repainted along with the fender and the drivers door. My insurance company offered me 350.00 in diminished value ( they look at what the value of a car would be without factoring in it has been repaired VS one that has been repaired. I told them to stick it and ended up going to what turned out to be a dispute resolution process and ended up with almost 5k. A speciality car like a roush would be worth CONSIDERABLY LESS, even if the repairs and not even noticable. Again, I'm sorry bout the accident, just dont let the insurance company screw you after the repairs are made......ask your agent about diminished value and he will let you know if thats a law in your state....if it is , I would contact his company and let them know because it IS a speciality car, they better have the checkbook wide open. If you have any questions about how to go about this process you know how to get me.

seeya,
Bill Coogle
Old 12/26/05, 08:23 AM
Bullitt Member

when I was 17 I was a 3-times worse driver than I am today,the funniest thing is I caused an accident recently ,not when I was 17.

happy new year
Old 12/26/05, 01:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by emperorjordan@December 25, 2005, 11:32 PM

Yea, no doubt about it. I've seen older people drive like jackhineyes too, but most people that I've run across that drive like that are teenage (16-19/20 year old kids) with little driving experience and trying to act like they're the $hit in their little rice mobiles or even mustangs and camaros too.

Quick Reply: Worst XMAS