The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   Windveil blue (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/windveil-blue-393649/)

KPT 11/7/04 08:03 PM

I was wondering if there were any owner pics of a windveil blue GT?
I think I may be getting cold feet and might switch my order to silver with red interior. I love the color in this pic http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/0...nerSouth-21.jpg
I drove by one today and the color looked much more dull. Anyone with knowledge please help.

mustangshadow 11/7/04 08:13 PM

i seen a windveil blue at my local dealer only it was a V6 i really thought it was a nice color and you know it would look even better on a GT.

KPT 11/7/04 08:23 PM

Did it look like it does in the picture or was it more dull? Thanks for the help!

Hugo6705 11/7/04 08:31 PM

I saw the one in Brad's picture in person ... the picture is accurate. It was not in direct sunlight but did have alot of artifical lighting. Also, saw one on a showroom floor and it was not dull. I am probably bias; I have one on order ... two week late.

joeuser42 11/7/04 08:37 PM

I'm very happy with my windveil blue. Here are pics of it (hi-res on the 2nd page):

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....topic=8169&hl=

Here is another windveil blue thread:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....topic=7804&hl=

STUNG 11/7/04 08:37 PM

I have no bias at all as I want a black GT. I saw the windevil blue on a GT with Bulli :nice: ts today. I had originally thought it looked like a light blue from the photos, but in person it looks very classy, almost like a silver-blue. I still want black, but I was very impressed. I don't think I am going back there anytime soon, but if I do, I will get pic for you.

mustangshadow 11/7/04 08:40 PM

i agree with STUNG i too am getting a black GT and believe the windveil blue looks very classy and the color doesnt look dull to me at all

KPT 11/7/04 09:20 PM

Thanks everyone for the help. Looks like I'm keeping the color :-D .

dinaer 11/7/04 09:25 PM

I'm also going to get Windveil Blue. I was torn between Windveil Blue and Legend Lime ... but I decided to go with the Windveil Blue because it's so classy and it's a pretty rare color.

tekman13 11/7/04 09:53 PM

Yet another person with a Black GT on order, and I will be honest with you. When I first saw the pics of Windveil Blue and Legend Lime, my initial thought was...

:gay:

...but after seing both of them in person, I could only think one thing...

:eyebrow: :eek: :jaw: :headbang: :hyper: :spin: :dance: :confused: :drool:

These colors are amazingly good looking. I love them both. This only confirms my previous suspicions that this car can/will look good in nearly any color you can throw on it. I think you made an excellent choice with windveill blue. After seeing it in person, it moved from the bottom of my list to about 3rd (after black and silver).

Have patience now so you can have fun later. :nice:

my blue pony 11/8/04 06:34 PM

I took delivery of my Windveil Blue GT last Wednesday. It is a gorgeous color. Everyone loves it. It is hard to describe the blue very accurately, but it looks like the sky on a very nice day. It's much nicer than I had even hoped for. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Dan 11/8/04 07:13 PM

Originally posted by my blue pony@November 8, 2004, 9:37 PM
I took delivery of my Windveil Blue GT last Wednesday. It is a gorgeous color. Everyone loves it. It is hard to describe the blue very accurately, but it looks like the sky on a very nice day. It's much nicer than I had even hoped for. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
I'd call it Steel Blue. It really looks like light blue metal. Gorgeous.

Donna 11/8/04 07:32 PM

Originally posted by Dan+November 8, 2004, 9:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dan @ November 8, 2004, 9:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-my blue pony@November 8, 2004, 9:37 PM
I'd call it Steel Blue. It really looks like light blue metal. Gorgeous.[/b][/quote]
Hey Dan......Did you ever post her pic??

BlueDiamond 11/8/04 07:35 PM

KPT..........
IM ON THE FENCE ALSO, BETWEEN WINDV. BLUE AND SAT. SIL.

BUT, THIS BLUE IS TRULY A HISTORICAL COLOR FOR MUSCLE CARS AND
MORE IMPORTANTLY FORD.
I HAVE SEEN ONE UP CLOSE AND THANKFULLY IT IS NOT DULL AND A LITTLE DARKER IN PERSON. JUST A SHADE LIGHTER AND IT COULD EASILY BE TO FEMENINE. BUT, ITS NOT AT ALL. PARTICULARLY WITH THE DARK CHAR. INT.
WITH THE IUP.

ALSO, THIS CAR COLOR WAS CHOSEN (IMP) BECAUSE IT REFLECTS THE 69-70
BOSS 302,S. LOOK AT THE BRADS TIMELINE THE 69/70 SHOWS A SIMILAR COLOR WITH BOSS 302 BLACK STRIPES. YOU WILL ALSO NOTICE THE LEGEND LIME COLOR BOSS TOO.

THESE COLORS (IMP) ARE MADE FOR AN AGRESSIVE DECAL PACKAGE.

IF YOU THINK OF WINDVIEL BLUE WITH BLACK STRIPES, IT SUDDENLY LOOKS LIKE MUCH MORE OF A MUSCLE CAR.

LIKE YOU, AT FIRST I WAS STRUGGLEING WITH THE COLOR CHOICE.

IF YOU GO WITH SAT. SILVER. AND THEN ADD BLACK STRIPES..YOU HAVE AN ELENOR...AND THEY ARE NOT RARE, BY ANY MEANS.

LASTLY, THE SAT. SILVER, WITH THE RED INT. IS AWESOME.

YOU MIGHT WANT TO BASE YOUR DECISION FROM THE INSIDE OUT.
IF YOU CAN LIVE WITH THE RED, AND TRULY LOVE IT.........YOUR CHOICE IS EASY.

I FEEL CONFIDENT THAT THE SE,S THIS YEAR WILL BE BOSS,S OR RE-HASHED MACHS........EITHER WAY THE WIND. BLUE, AND THE LEG. LIME WILL BE
WEARING BLACK STRIPES VERY SOON.

GOOD LUCK BRO!

RaGsHoCkEy88 11/8/04 07:39 PM

in person windevil blue is unbelievable.......but im not getting it cuz i must have the red leather