The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   Why, Why, Why.... (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/why-why-why-447595/)

crucut 2/13/07 08:53 PM

Why, Why, Why....

Did they have to put the Sat. radio antenna right on the trunk lid! With a hole through it for the wire!! I just got my new GT and WHAT A CAR!!! I love it!! But when I walked around it the first time, there it was, An ugly black thing growing out of the trunk. I said to the dealer guy, "I thought the sirius antenna was hidden on these cars? My fault. :doh: When I looked at some other cars on the lot...There it was. Well, after a full day with the car I like the sirius, so I'll get used to it I guess. Hope it doesn't cause problems when I stripe it this weekend. O.K. I feel better for venting now, I'll have to live with it. The greatness of the rest of the car really makes me forget about it anyway. Oh yeah and the GTA's go on tommorrow.:metal:
For the last 10 years all I've driven is two pickups and a full size Bronco, so you can imagine the fun I'm having. I also like the little details like the windows dropping a tad when you open them, and re-sealing after you close them. And the left door unlocks if you lock the car with the key in the ignition. I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but Ford's really got a winner here. I now have experienced 24 hrs of heads turning to look, and people at McDonalds etc. saying, "nice car"! Pics and more will be coming. Carl

AFBLUE 2/13/07 09:08 PM

Congrats on the new car. Yeah I'm not a big fan on that antenna location either. Hence the reason I will order without the Sirius radio option.

F150ATM 2/13/07 09:13 PM

I know what you mean. Looks like a "Sirius" bird dropping. I'll bet it's gone in a year or 2 at the most.

Mike

Poco 2/13/07 09:16 PM

Its a big puzzle why Ford did that...I call it "that stuipid useless teat":jester:

AFBLUE 2/13/07 09:21 PM

4 Attachment(s)
On a similiar vein. I wish Ford would move the tail light in the trunk to the top (or bottom) of the rear window. That would look so much cleaner.

Notice how the 2nd picture doesn't have the light.

TinPony2 2/13/07 11:48 PM

Has anyone moved theirs and covered or filled the hole? (Sirius antenna)

G.T 2/14/07 12:55 AM

i wonder if it's possible, but i've mounted my Garmin StreetPilot GPS antenna on the top corner of the inside of the rear window..
it's basically hidden behind the black border on the glass (i have metallic tint over the clear portion of the glass, so this also is the best spot for reception anyway), so you can't see it from the outside.. and the headliner also covers it up so you can't see it from the inside unless you're in the back seat and you look for it

i think it might be a good idea to relocate the siruis antenna there? just a thought

G.T 2/14/07 01:05 AM

8 Attachment(s)
i just walked outside and snapped a few pics to give you a better idea
the outside shot is quite useless as it's very bright outside and the windows are all tinted :)