2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

When Will The Dealers Have The 06 Brochures?

Search this Thread

Old 9/17/05, 02:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I checked every where, and none of the dealers have received any from Ford yet.
Old 9/17/05, 02:42 PM
GT Member

Good Question, I've read the '05 brochure about 50 times now. I need some new reading material.
Old 9/17/05, 02:59 PM
Cobra Member

When will my dealer have my 06 GT? That's the question.
Old 9/17/05, 03:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Route 66@September 17, 2005, 4:02 PM
When and who did you order from?
Old 9/17/05, 04:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't you get a brochure ffrom Ford on the Mustang site?
Old 9/17/05, 04:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by ex-Galaxie500@September 17, 2005, 5:09 PM
Can't you get a brochure ffrom Ford on the Mustang site?

I have been tring since Oct 2004 to get a brochure from Ford on the Mustang site
Old 9/17/05, 05:40 PM

Found the new 06 brochure on Thursday at Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor, MI. I think other dealers should have them shortly. The centerfold in the brochure is a Tungsten GT coupe.
Old 9/17/05, 06:16 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Route 66@September 17, 2005, 5:02 PM
I've been trying to get the same answer to that question since April. I've been informed by Seelye (Kalamazoo, MI) that Ford "pulled all Mustang orders" about a month ago now. Since that time, I've made two phone calls requesting a fax of the VOC and/or DORA and the answer both times (actually I had to stop down in person because they don't return my calls) was that "We have not heard anything yet - we'll call you when we do..."

Obviously, I'm frustrated and now I'm wondering if I should sue them for my $1000.00 deposit that they've had for almost half a year and go somewhere else - Like Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor, for example. They told me that it's non refundable, but I don't think that's legal in Michigan. A blog about my experience, however, would be.

Anyway, my whole rant is based around the fact that I was told Ford pulled the order and they cannot provide any proof. I don't care if it's C/U for another 4 months - I just don't like getting lied to.

Opinions on how to handle this, other than Valium?
Old 9/17/05, 09:53 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by KennyZ@September 17, 2005, 5:43 PM
Found the new 06 brochure on Thursday at Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor, MI. I think other dealers should have them shortly. The centerfold in the brochure is a Tungsten GT coupe.
Schweet! :worship:
Old 9/17/05, 11:30 PM
GT Member

Its kinda funny I picked up my 2006 TG GT on Tuesday but I couldnt get brochure.

Oh well I rather have my car and no brochure than the other way around.
Old 9/18/05, 01:20 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Wildstang@September 17, 2005, 5:19 PM
I've been trying to get the same answer to that question since April. I've been informed by Seelye (Kalamazoo, MI) that Ford "pulled all Mustang orders" about a month ago now. Since that time, I've made two phone calls requesting a fax of the VOC and/or DORA and the answer both times (actually I had to stop down in person because they don't return my calls) was that "We have not heard anything yet - we'll call you when we do..."

Obviously, I'm frustrated and now I'm wondering if I should sue them for my $1000.00 deposit that they've had for almost half a year and go somewhere else - Like Varsity Ford in Ann Arbor, for example. They told me that it's non refundable, but I don't think that's legal in Michigan. A blog about my experience, however, would be.

Anyway, my whole rant is based around the fact that I was told Ford pulled the order and they cannot provide any proof. I don't care if it's C/U for another 4 months - I just don't like getting lied to.

Not having VOC/DORA, that is an order number that would allow you to check through ERL that your order is in the pipe, is frankly unacceptable. You should have had this in a week max.

Put the pressure on the dealer (show him you know what you're talking about), and start looking elsewhere. Also I am pretty sure you have a good case to get your money back, as long as they cannot provide any proof from Ford that they have indeed placed your order.

Good luck!
Old 9/18/05, 02:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Wildstang@September 17, 2005, 5:19 PM

I'm sorry to say, but you are not just being lied to, but you are being robbed! You are working with a criminal who has personally pocketed your $1,000, more likely than not.
1.) If they did not actually cash your check, then put a stop payment upon it, and go order the car elsewhere. Legally, either your check should never have been cashed, or it should have been placed into a separate escrow account. Deposit funds must never be co-mingled with normal operating budgets, and they can never be kept without delivery of product.
2.) You should have received a priced DORA by June 10th for a 2006 order.
3.) Ford has never pulled all Mustang orders. That is a pretty sad excuse.
4.) Contact the Department of Licensing for Car Dealerships. Your state must have some officers who investigate dealership fraud. Bring your cancelled check. Find out from your bank into what account the money was deposited. Bring any paperwork this joker gave to you, and get the state officers to work this for you.
5.) If your state doesn’t have Department of Licensing Officers, you could contact the dealership owner. He could be unaware of a fraudulent situation in his own dealership.
6.) If the above fails, try to find a lawyer who will split the recovery with you.
7.) Go order your car elsewhere right away and get into the real queue. Without a priced DORA, you don’t have an order.
For some reason, a high percentage of criminals are involved in car sales, and it is a shame. Good luck in getting your "deposit" returned.
P.S. Another very common scam is the good old “price increase†from the manufacturer. The typical “price increase†fraud is to accept a deposit check (such as your $1,000 check) and then increase your price by that amount (especially over a model year change). You are charged the normal amount at delivery, but the criminal keeps the original deposit as “bonus profitâ€. Ford actually did increase the 2005 to 2006 prices, but only very slightly (like about +0.7%).
Old 9/19/05, 11:41 AM
Cobra R Member

Take your trade somewhere else. He obviously has too much business to be concerned with yours. My 06 is due in here by next week (hope hope) and I would go somewhere that appreciates your business.

Imagine if you had to use this place to get warranty work done?
Old 9/19/05, 01:48 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,191 Likes on 2,338 Posts
[attachmentid=34167]

We Recieved our First 06 Mustang Brochures Today. They were a Seed Stock Order and are not listed yet for reorder. You dealer should have them now or within the Next Day or So. They are nice and Have a Pull out Poster in the Center.

kc
Old 9/19/05, 04:17 PM
Cobra Member

"For some reason, a high percentage of criminals are involved in car sales, and it is a shame. Good luck in getting your "deposit" returned."

I would like to take issue with this part of your statement. I have been in the car business for over 24 years and I have not seen a high percentage of my co-workers or salespeople at other dealerships that I would consider "criminals". Those are pretty strong words which I hope you can back up with names, places, and dates so I can personally have the authorities look into it and issue warrants.

There may be some shady or dishonest people in this profession [no more than a lot of professions] but to call them "criminals" is just plain irresponsible.
Old 9/19/05, 04:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I pick one up today at my dealer they told me the Ford dealers give out one brochures to person, if the person is buying the 06 Mustang, :scratch:
Old 9/19/05, 04:40 PM
GT Member

The question I SELL FORD, is what the definition of criminal is? Do I believe that most car salemans are crooks no? But it is a bussiness that takes advantage of the naive to substantially increase the price of a commodity that he or she bought at a fixed price and then lies to the consumer about doing it. This is America, I have no problems with car dealers making a profit but the lying and misreprenstations...Is that behavior considered criminal? I have been to 10 different mustang dealerships, there were 2 of them that actually treated me like a knowledable human bieng and told me that they were asking more since it was a hot car. The 8 others, however, included dealerships telling me that there was no such thing as X-plan on Mustangs, that a 2005 fully loaded factory GT was going to cost me 38,000 if I ordered it, that all deposits placed on mustangs (in Virginia) were non-refundable and many other outwright lies. It was amazing the different tricks that were used to jack up the price..Are these dealers crooks? I wouldn't say yes technically, but they did try to get unreasonably high amounts of money from me without my knowledge. One guy even told me that selling at MSRP he was taking a loss. the adjusted dealer markup is how he made his money on the car, so with that logic any dealership that sells below MSRP is taking a hit....Amazing....Like you can't read and research this stuff on the internet. They sit there and tell you this and I don't know whether to laugh of cry, and by the way, I did keep the cards and name of each dealerships in which a lie was told to me...Enough of the rant, I will buy my 2006 GT from one of the two guys who were honest and up front, even if I pay a little more.
Old 9/19/05, 04:47 PM
GT Member

Sorry to hijack the thread... I would like to get a brochure though!!!
Old 9/19/05, 05:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally posted by 05stangkc@September 19, 2005, 2:51 PM
[attachmentid=34167]

We Recieved our First 06 Mustang Brochures Today. They were a Seed Stock Order and are not listed yet for reorder. You dealer should have them now or within the Next Day or So. They are nice and Have a Pull out Poster in the Center.

kc
I just stopped over to see if they got the 06 Mustang catalog in, and they just happened to get them today. No big deal, but I wanted 2 for myself.

Was I greedy?
Old 9/19/05, 05:24 PM

Any pictures of that elusive 64W wheel in there?????????

Quick Reply: When Will The Dealers Have The 06 Brochures?