2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

What do you really get in Sport Appearance Pkg if you have IUP?

Search this Thread

Old 6/22/06, 01:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question What do you really get in Sport Appearance Pkg if you have IUP?

My questions are:

If you order an 07 with the IUP and the Sport Appearance Package. What does the sport appearance package give you that the IUP does not? All I can tell is aluminum pedal covers and the color accent for $300. Are the "color accents" the same as you'd get in the GT/CS interior or Premier Interior or something different? And lastly if you order it in Charcoal interior I assume all you are getting is pedal covers out of the deal since the black/charcoal interior combo would result in one color interior. Am I missing something here?

Thanks
Old 6/22/06, 01:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe the aluminum shifter and trim...
Old 6/22/06, 02:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by shatter
My questions are:

If you order an 07 with the IUP and the Sport Appearance Package. What does the sport appearance package give you that the IUP does not? All I can tell is aluminum pedal covers and the color accent for $300. Are the "color accents" the same as you'd get in the GT/CS interior or Premier Interior or something different? And lastly if you order it in Charcoal interior I assume all you are getting is pedal covers out of the deal since the black/charcoal interior combo would result in one color interior. Am I missing something here?

Thanks
The sport appearance package gives you black interior components that the IUP alone will not have.
The color accents in the GT/CS are color panels on the seats with colored door panes and black door panel inserts.
Old 6/22/06, 03:32 PM
GT Member

OK, then perhaps the question should be this: What does the Sport Appearance Package w/Color Accent get you if you're already ordering the IUP and the Premier Trim w/Color Accent Package?

Also, we need some pictures of the Premier Trim Package (68B)!
Old 6/22/06, 06:35 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MrLatte
OK, then perhaps the question should be this: What does the Sport Appearance Package w/Color Accent get you if you're already ordering the IUP and the Premier Trim w/Color Accent Package?

Also, we need some pictures of the Premier Trim Package (68B)!
I do not believe you can order the IUP and SAP both. If I remember correctly, the SAP is basically a stripped down version of the IUP (and is cheaper). It's the IUP without the info center, mycolor dash and extra gauges.
Old 6/23/06, 06:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

The SAP sport appearance package does not require the IUP and includes the color accent, The premier requires IUP and also includes color accent, The premier adds the IP stiching and and upgraded armrests, aluminum pedal covers...ug OK now im confused...
Old 6/23/06, 08:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2005GTDELUXE
The SAP sport appearance package does not require the IUP and includes the color accent, The premier requires IUP and also includes color accent, The premier adds the IP stiching and and upgraded armrests, aluminum pedal covers...ug OK now im confused...
I think you got it right, DELUXE. From what I've read, the SAP is the "old" IUP lite plus color accent. Of course if Ford had let loose with a brochure before the '07s hit the showrooms we might not have this confusion...
Old 6/23/06, 08:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

It seemed to me that the SAP could be an addition to the IUP. Leather wrapped steering wheel, aluminum pedals and a bright shift ****. The black accents provides contrast to the graphite and parchment interiors....

I am getting my order placed today in fact and will ask the question about SAP and IUP, but it seemed to me the way I read it that it is or could be additional to the IUP
Old 6/23/06, 09:45 AM
Cobra Member

Now I'm getting confused too Looking at the order guide again, some of the components of the SAP are also components in the IUP. I am pretty sure you cannot order the two packages together, it's duplication of options. The SAP is equal to the IUP -PLUS- the PTP (premier trim w/ color accent package) except without the mycolor, message center & extra gauges. You can get the SAP with cloth, but you've got to get leather with the PTP.

To answer the original question, I do not think you can get the SAP with IUP. If you wanted the additional SAP stuff with your IUP (basically the color accent), then you would not add the SAP, you'd have to get the PTP.

Of course not being a Ford employee I'm not SURE of this
Old 6/23/06, 12:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Lord knows I'm confused. I put SAP and IUP on my order. I should get confirmation today. Once I talk to the fleet manager I'll ask specifically and post what I find out...

Unless that is someone else already knows.
Old 6/23/06, 02:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by habu
Lord knows I'm confused. I put SAP and IUP on my order. I should get confirmation today. Once I talk to the fleet manager I'll ask specifically and post what I find out...

Unless that is someone else already knows.
If they can't be ordered together it'll toss up a message when he tries to place the order, so you'll know for sure. Out of curiosity I tried selecting both on KBB.com and it did let me, so I may be wrong about this.
Old 6/23/06, 07:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

OK I got confirmation from the Fleet Manager where I ordered my car(past tense now.... Woo-Hoo)...
SAP and IUP cannot be together. It wouldn't let her do it.
Old 6/23/06, 11:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by habu
OK I got confirmation from the Fleet Manager where I ordered my car(past tense now.... Woo-Hoo)...
SAP and IUP cannot be together. It wouldn't let her do it.
Thanks for the confirmation. Now, who is going to be the first to snap a pic of the stitched IP brow, center console lid, etc. in all charcoal/black?!?

That one bit of information is all I need before I place an order for a 07 GT Coupe!
Old 6/24/06, 07:50 AM
Cobra Member

Habu, congrats on the order! Did you get the PTP since you couldn't get the SAP?

Shatter, I've been waiting on those pics too, I have an '07 on order with that option and don't even know what it'll look like!
Old 6/24/06, 04:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by shatter
Thanks for the confirmation. Now, who is going to be the first to snap a pic of the stitched IP brow, center console lid, etc. in all charcoal/black?!?

That one bit of information is all I need before I place an order for a 07 GT Coupe!
Thats good to know and understand now.....someone told me this stiching may look like it..i am not sure... and it's out of the GT-H
Attached Thumbnails What do you really get in Sport Appearance Pkg if you have IUP?-brow.jpg  
Old 6/24/06, 09:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

@TRES...

No on the PTP. I never saw any absolute confirmation that it wasn't two tone and I am not digging the two-tone. So just plain 'ol IUP w/Satin.

still I could change my mind I suppose. The order went in on Friday afternoon and there is plenty time. But I'd have to be sure that I would be getting a single color for the interior.
Old 6/25/06, 09:52 PM
Cobra Member

I understand, still waiting on 100% confirmation on that myself Mine is ordered with red, I'm assuming it will be like the ICAP in my '05. But if it's two tone that would be cool too

I was driving by a dealership in Houston today and saw a bunch of Mustangs with hood scoops, got excited thinking I had spotted a shipment of '07's. Made the family wait while I grabbed my camera and went to check them out, but they were Roushes! I still have yet to spot an '07 here in the DFW TX area (or on my drive through Houston).