2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well it's here, but I can't take it home...

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/05, 09:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I found out today, kind of by accident, that my car had arrived on Tuesday, but the dealer didn't want to call me because it's not drivable.
Apparently when the driver tried to drive it off the truck he couldn't get the clutch to engage. A friend who works a as mechanic at the dealership went to help, but no pedal pressure... They drove it down on the starter and pushed it into the garage. There was no cap on the clutch reservoir, and it had overflowed.
My friend then tried to bleed it, but the bleeder valve is between the top of the tranny and the floor. Apparently Ford has no tool for this, so he had to go buy a special wrench to try to adapt to the job.
He thinks that it was probably never bled at the factory, and has no idea how they got it out the door and onto the truck (different driver). He located a cap in the States, and it is supposed to be here in a couple of days. He put plastic over the reservoir for now...
Also, a front tire and rim were slightly damaged, it looks like it hooked on a sharp corner on the ramp. A new tire and rim are on the way...
He printed an "Oasis" report for me, and the car was built on April 25th, figures, it was a Monday !.
Remember, at Ford quality is job one!
(Sorry, I'm in a bit of a bad mood tonight) :bang:
Paul
Old 5/5/05, 09:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry to hear about that - Hope they fix it quick for you!
-Hey, car looks great in the pic !!!
Old 5/5/05, 10:06 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Ouch...Hope they get you fixed up soon.
Old 5/5/05, 10:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Doh that stinks. But still great looking car.
Old 5/5/05, 10:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wow, talk about starting off on the wrong foot!

I wish you the best of luck! I'm sure everything will work out just fine!
Old 5/5/05, 10:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Here's a shot of the front, just in case you have never seen the front of a black 2005 Mustang GT
Paul

PS. At least it was easy to get the car to stay still for the photo! (I'm trying to cheer myself up)
Old 5/5/05, 10:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Welcome....Congrats....and all that other good stuff. Get it fixed good as new, and then hop in the saddle and go,go,go
Old 5/5/05, 11:03 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe the US customs guy is still clean and unscheduled and was pissed a car like he ordered was being sent to Canada?
Old 5/6/05, 12:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

That stinks Paul. Hopefully you'll be rolling down the road soon! I'll hold off on the nanners until you're mentally prepared for them.
Old 5/6/05, 01:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Sorry to hear about the damage to your pony! :bang:

At the very least, it has been built, delivered, and the dealer is taking care of the problems, which are hopefully done SOON.

Enjoy the ride when you take it home for the first time. Take care and keep it shiney side up!

EK
Old 5/6/05, 01:07 AM
Cobra R Member

Well all I can say is sorry about your troubles. Actually I guess I can say more, lol, Well it sounds like both are easy fixes, clutch no biggy , they can do it in a few hours once they have parts, and rim a few minutes. What I would say is that be thankful you have that beautiful car. AS many that ordered wont get one at all. I was told out of the 14 ordered at my dealership, only 3 would be built, and one was mine. Man I am glad I ordered early. Once it is fixed, you will be happier than any camper, if you know what I am saying. Mine took almost 5 months, but once I was driving it. All the problems disappeared. The front popping noise, etc. All can be fixed, just to have the patience. Good things come to those who wait. So hopefully, when your done and good, you will love that car more than any car you have ever owned. I know I do. Good luck, and you will soon , be rockin and rolling in your new ride.
Old 5/6/05, 06:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the kind words guys, I guess I was just a little bummed to not get it for the weekend, they are calling for great weather here for the next few days...
All should be fixed by early next week, assuming the clutch checks out after the road test...
As others have said, the important thing is that it's built and here, the rest will be fixed.
Paul

PS. it has 6kms on it (about four miles), I still don't get how they drove four miles if the car has no clutch? :scratch:
Old 5/6/05, 07:13 AM

Originally posted by 65gtfastback@May 6, 2005, 8:21 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys, I guess I was just a little bummed to not get it for the weekend, they are calling for great weather here for the next few days...
All should be fixed by early next week, assuming the clutch checks out after the road test...
As others have said, the important thing is that it's built and here, the rest will be fixed.
Paul

PS. it has 6kms on it (about four miles), I still don't get how they drove four miles if the car has no clutch? :scratch:
Well, it can be done, but it is kind of tricky. I've had to do it with a couple of sticks in my past. One was a bad hydrolic clutch master cylinder, other was a broken clutch cable.
You put it in first, turn the key to start and get going. Then you have to time the shifts just right, so you pull it out of gear wait for the revs to match the next gear, then pull it into the next gear firmly. If you time it right, it won't even grind (until you ruin the syncros). I would only recommend this technique in an emergency.
Old 5/6/05, 07:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by dustindu4@May 5, 2005, 11:06 PM
Maybe the US customs guy is still clean and unscheduled and was pissed a car like he ordered was being sent to Canada?
ROFL.. :drive:
Old 5/6/05, 07:49 AM
Bullitt Member

CONGRATS - You Got One - Don't worry - Be Happy

Old 5/6/05, 08:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Taxidad@May 6, 2005, 8:16 AM

Well, it can be done, but it is kind of tricky. I've had to do it with a couple of sticks in my past. One was a bad hydrolic clutch master cylinder, other was a broken clutch cable.
You put it in first, turn the key to start and get going. Then you have to time the shifts just right, so you pull it out of gear wait for the revs to match the next gear, then pull it into the next gear firmly. If you time it right, it won't even grind (until you ruin the syncros). I would only recommend this technique in an emergency.
I can relate Walt, I've done the same thing on some old beaters that I owned when I was a kid.
The part that I can't figure is; several Ford employees must have driven this car to get the four miles on it, out of the plant, into a holding yard etc... Wouldn’t ya think that at least one of them would have said "Hey this car has no clutch!?" :scratch:
Old 5/6/05, 08:47 AM
FR500 Member

The part that I can't figure is; several Ford employees must have driven this car to get the four miles on it, out of the plant, into a holding yard etc... Wouldn’t ya think that at least one of them would have said "Hey this car has no clutch!?" :scratch:
[/quote]

Does seem a bit unusual. Hope they get you fixed up in a hurry and the weather stays good so you can have some fun soon. Congratulations, the car looks great. :drive: :drive:
Old 5/6/05, 10:55 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Take a close look at your back bumper and at the front bumper on the car behind you. They probably pushed yours onto the truck.
Old 5/6/05, 11:07 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice car! At least there's light at the end of your tunnel. A lot of people don't even have that. Keep your head up and everything is going to be fine.
Old 5/6/05, 11:10 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

Originally posted by 65gtfastback@May 6, 2005, 8:35 AM
Wouldn’t ya think that at least one of them would have said "Hey this car has no clutch!?" :scratch:

Be glad they didnt... can you imagine how many weeks it would have taken for THEM to get it recitified? Its too bad your dealer didnt know about it prior to delivery, he could have ordered the parts, and had it to you right away.

She is beautiful, and go visit her often, by the time she comes home you wont remember anything that happened prior to her arrival..

Its like they say about childbirth... hurts like a *&^%$#, but once you are holding that baby in your arms all is forgotten... good thing, cuz if we remembered we would die out as a species!

Quick Reply: Well it's here, but I can't take it home...