The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   Weird smell (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/weird-smell-546963/)

dancorneliu79@yahoo.com 6/30/19 09:44 AM

Weird smell

No moods on the car. Just some exterior ones.

A few months ago car start to “smell” when i “jump” on the pedal. On 4,5-5 RPM s start to smell like something i never smell before on a car. Its not clutch or antifreeze. Thats i know for sure. Smells inside and outside.

Back than, the smell seems to develop just on high rpms. Now its there all the time after car warm up. And its not a pleasant smell. And also very persistent. Persist in garage after days.

Car works fine, no other “turbulences”. Just an increase of MPG in town. About 13 and i had around 15.

Highway its the same, 20 mpg.

The car sits in garage for winter time.

Car has 25000 miles , v8, manual, 2008. Never had big issues with it. Shaker 1000 went bad and i replaced it. 2 years ago i upgrade with fr500 exhaust and wheels.

I live in Romania, Europe and a diagnose for my car its not possible. I did it with my BLUE DRIVER but went fine. No bad codes.

Please share some thoughts. Thanks.

Bert 7/1/19 07:31 AM

just a wild guess because I have barely a clue . . . but wondering if the PCV valves (crankcase ventilation) might be leaking and venting directly into the engine compartment at high RPM?

VGMStudios 7/2/19 10:58 AM

Since it sits for the winter check your engine bay.
I recently found an animal nest in mine and it chewed through wires.
Just a guess it might be this.

dancorneliu79@yahoo.com 7/6/19 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by VGMStudios (Post 7042683)
Since it sits for the winter check your engine bay.
I recently found an animal nest in mine and it chewed through wires.
Just a guess it might be this.

:)) checked !! Nest free ! Its related to gas or ac system. Dont know yet.
I upgraded with hurst shiftter and i have some rattle. Any ideeas to get rid of it ?

VGMStudios 7/8/19 06:26 AM

Do you know the source of the rattle in the shiftier?

I asked cause mine use to click loudly whenever I hit to the brakes, so I opened it up and figured out what was clicking. I put some strip insulation pieces to quiet the noise. It worked.
Just an idea.

ZGrand 7/8/19 07:33 AM

Check to make sure it's not the emergency brake handle rattling instead of the shifter itself.

Bert 7/8/19 08:00 AM

I have heard that the Hurst shifters do tend to rattle . . . try some searches and you might be able to find more details

dancorneliu79@yahoo.com 7/9/19 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by VGMStudios (Post 7042788)
Do you know the source of the rattle in the shiftier?

I asked cause mine use to click loudly whenever I hit to the brakes, so I opened it up and figured out what was clicking. I put some strip insulation pieces to quiet the noise. It worked.
Just an idea.

No noise when i hit the brakes. Did you do some adjustments on it when installed ?