2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Are we doing a SoCal Roundup this month?

Search this Thread

Old 2/13/05, 03:12 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been off the site for a while and each time I check back in I notice that there is no mention of another SoCal roundup for this month, is no one interested? Or no one willing to take the reigns and organize it? I would organize it, but wouldnt have to many opportunities to post about it. I know of a couple new GT owners down here that would be interested, don't know about these guys with the V6s I cant even get them to acknowledge me when I saw hi on the streets. Rabbitt give me a call and maybe you can do the posting for me, if people are interested.
Old 2/13/05, 03:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by rrobello@February 13, 2005, 3:15 PM
I've been off the site for a while and each time I check back in I notice that there is no mention of another SoCal roundup for this month, is no one interested? Or no one willing to take the reigns and organize it? I would organize it, but wouldnt have to many opportunities to post about it. I know of a couple new GT owners down here that would be interested, don't know about these guys with the V6s I cant even get them to acknowledge me when I saw hi on the streets. Rabbitt give me a call and maybe you can do the posting for me, if people are interested.
I might be interested if we could possibly meet closer to LA as I don't have time on weekends to make a long drive to San Diego like you guys did last time.
Old 2/13/05, 05:20 PM
GT Member

The guys on the SVTperformance site were planning a drive to the Rose Bowl (pasadena) then up the coast to the Elephant Bar in Santa Barbara towards the end of this month (I belive around the 27th or 28th). All types of cars are invited (even non-ford products). The last time I checked there wasn't one 05 on the list. a lot of SVT cars and older GTs. A buddy of mine recently purchased a screeming yellow 04 cobra vert so we were thinking of making the drive.. Sorry, I don't have all of the particulars but if you were interested you can check out svtperformance.com
Old 2/13/05, 08:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by PerfWhite05@February 13, 2005, 5:23 PM
The guys on the SVTperformance site were planning a drive to the Rose Bowl (pasadena) then up the coast to the Elephant Bar in Santa Barbara towards the end of this month (I belive around the 27th or 28th). All types of cars are invited (even non-ford products). The last time I checked there wasn't one 05 on the list. a lot of SVT cars and older GTs. A buddy of mine recently purchased a screeming yellow 04 cobra vert so we were thinking of making the drive.. Sorry, I don't have all of the particulars but if you were interested you can check out svtperformance.com
I looked at the SVT site and their event looks like it will be lots of fun. They have around 60 cars right now and possibly more as they may have people coming up from San Diego for the event
Here is the link for the boards for the event
http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthrea...05&page=1&pp=25
Old 2/13/05, 10:15 PM
Bullitt Member

i'd be interested in something around san diego...
Old 2/14/05, 01:47 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Mike McRann+February 13, 2005, 7:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mike McRann @ February 13, 2005, 7:22 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-PerfWhite05@February 13, 2005, 5:23 PM
I looked at the SVT site and their event looks like it will be lots of fun. They have around 60 cars right now and possibly more as they may have people coming up from San Diego for the event
Here is the link for the boards for the event
http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthrea...05&page=1&pp=25
[/b][/quote]

Thanks Mike for adding the link. I should've done it myself but I didn't feel like searching the other site at the time.. :stubborn: anyway, now that we have accurate information, anyone interested please feel free to chime in.
Old 2/14/05, 09:03 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I am down for whenever and where ever. that SVT meet sounds chill. Hey Richard...long time no talk.
Old 2/14/05, 09:09 AM
Cobra Member

I think it'd be cool to do some sort of cruise or whatever, or just meet up and check out peoples cars/mods ect. Unfortunately with my work schedule I have been unable to make any of them. Just not too many folks with wed/thurs as their days off.
Old 2/14/05, 01:58 PM

The last one we did up at the Irvine Spectrum as the folks from OC and LA seem to like looking at their cars instead of driving them (JK) but I am down for anything, it doesnt seem like anyone has planned anything so sound off when would be the best time and location for each of you and we can pick the most common (if there is one). JRabbitt and I are organizing something big for early April so keep an eye out for that, we will need some of your help getting cars there.

Richard it has been a while, whens the next party? Ill hit you up sometime this week, did you catch my post about my deal with JBA for headers and axlebacks?
Old 2/14/05, 02:04 PM

The SVT thing sounds sick, I dont think I will have my car back from JBA by then though, Richard you down to do the drive, heck I might be able to get Mark from JBA to go with in their car and catch a ride with him. Or better yet drive their Steeda Q.