2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Walker Quiet-Flow stainless muffler 53630

Search this Thread

Old 9/24/24, 11:15 PM
GT Member

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Is it identical to the stock V6 muffler as far as sound goes? I assume it should be judging by the word "quiet" being its middle name,but you know what they say about assuming.

I'm tired of being unable to hear my Shaker 1000 over the loud muffler.I want to go back to whisper quiet stock sound,or as close to it as possible,but of course I threw my perfectly good original in the trash when I switched to the loud one.

This Walker seems to be the only choice other than paying $2-$300 for a rusted out stock original

Anyone used these?
Old Yesterday, 03:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,578 Likes on 1,082 Posts
not familiar with those, but last time I checked used take-off stock mufflers were a dime a dozen on Craig's LIst or E-bay (I haven't checked for a while, might be less available now)
Old Yesterday, 06:27 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,187 Likes on 2,334 Posts
Originally Posted by Dark Drop Top

Is it identical to the stock V6 muffler as far as sound goes? I assume it should be judging by the word "quiet" being its middle name,but you know what they say about assuming.

I'm tired of being unable to hear my Shaker 1000 over the loud muffler.I want to go back to whisper quiet stock sound,or as close to it as possible,but of course I threw my perfectly good original in the trash when I switched to the loud one.

This Walker seems to be the only choice other than paying $2-$300 for a rusted out stock original

Anyone used these?
I Know a Guy That Has Take Off V6 & GT Oem Mufflers From Back in the Day! Mufflers With Less Than 20 or 30 Miles on Them Usually. Guy Just Packrats Stuff Like That!

His Email is in My Sig! If You Want To Deal! From the Central California No Rust Belt Too!

Many Back in The Day Would Use One Gt Muffler or Add a Midpipe & Run Dual Gt Take Offs. Just an FYI!

KC

Interesting Topics From Back in The Day!

Sorry These Are Old & Predate Forum Upgrade Issue Which Lost Pics!

Be Advised Mufflers Were Dirt Cheap Back Then as They Were Everywhere! But I'm Easy To Deal With!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...uffler-402721/

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...estion-412548/

Walker Muffler Below!

Just FYI!

Old Yesterday, 09:14 AM
GT Member

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Thanks for the info gents.I didn't expect any replies so soon.

Bert,I've been checking Ebay on and off for a while and they're all at least as much $$ as a new Quiet flow,and they all look pretty bad.

So 05stangkc,are you saying you have some original mufflers in good condition for sale?

Years ago I read threads about using stock GT muffs on V6 for better sound and decided I wanted to go that route,till I saw the prices and condition of them as I mentioned to Bert.

The following users liked this post:
Bert (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM
The Analog Admin!

Yes I Do!

If You Want To PM Me a Number & Time To Call We Can Talk About it a Lot Easier Than Emailing Back & Forth! No Obligation on Your Part as Just Like Back in the Day If My Parts Are Not What You Need I Will Advise Best Course of Action.

I Already Cleaned Up The V6 One I Have. Been Sitting Since 06 I Believe! I Think I Have 3 Sets of Gt Mufflers.

KC
Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,578 Likes on 1,082 Posts
Originally Posted by Dark Drop Top
..... Bert,I've been checking Ebay on and off for a while and they're all at least as much $$ as a new Quiet flow,and they all look pretty bad.....
apparently things have changed .... back when these cars were newer, there were tons of them available as everyone was changing to aftermarket mufflers, you could barely give them away ..... I forget that it has been almost 20 years since the beginning of the S197 and over 10 years since the later ones were last produced
Old Yesterday, 10:07 AM
The Analog Admin!

Here is The V6 One. The GT'S are a Bit Nicer with Clamps.

You Can See No Exhaust Residue and The Original Crayon Marked Number is Still There. I Just Did a Quick Clean With a Little Dish Soap as They Were Outside The Last Couple of Years Under a Canopy. I Also Blew Out Any Critters Like Our Ever Present Black Widows With My Leaf Blower. You Can Clean Further With Steel Wool if You Prefer. It Does Not Have Clamp.

I Figure Since I Got It Out I Will Put on Ebay if You Don't Take it. Also I Will Clean Up a Set of Gt Ones as Well and Post Pics Later.

KC
Old Yesterday, 12:16 PM
The Analog Admin!

Here is a Pair of Gt Mufflers With Clamps & Still Have Parts Number Stickers on Them Also Blue Pen Marks From Assembly Line!

Tips Straight & Not Scratched Up!

I Also Have a Lone Right Side Gt Muffler Less Clamp I Would Want to Sell if Duals are Not in the Plans!

Kc

Old Yesterday, 01:10 PM
The Analog Admin!

If Anybody Wants To See The Inside Guts of a Stock Muffler I Came Across this Thread Awhile Back!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...ations-441457/

KC
Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM
The Analog Admin!

Since Some Questions May Come Up On the V-6 to Gt Exhaust Conversion I am Going To Post Some Exhaust Related Pdf's Which May Also Be Useful For Future Exhaust Questions.

KC