2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Vert Here! How Can I Surprise Daughter?

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/05, 12:38 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by FourLights@April 19, 2005, 2:33 PM

I Agree, VALET BAD, VERY BAD!!!
Or when you leave wait out front and have your husband or whoever "go get the car"
Old 4/19/05, 12:43 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Valet is a bad, bad idea for 3 reasons.

1. not all restaurants have a valet.
2. I sure would not want a valet driving the car before your daughter does
3. Your daughter will want to look at the car but since it is in the valet spot you will be pressured to move it fast, which out of all the excitement she may cause a bit of a fender bender.

I have seen way to many people hop into a car just as the get it and cause an accident because they were too excited to pay attention to their surroundings.
Old 4/19/05, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Eleanor Dreaming@April 19, 2005, 11:04 AM
Here is a good one. Tell her she got the car for graduation but, you decided to give it to a guy in Indiana who has been waiting since Feb. 4th for his. That will surprise her. Heck I'll even pay my own insurance.
That is one of the funniest things I've read on this site for a while. But I do feel for you , I've been wating since Jan 17.

And as for a spoiled kid, so what. If I could afford to buy a third one I would get my kids one. I always want what is best for my kids and Mustangs are the best.

Congratulations, and I'm sure your daughter will love any way that you choose to surprise her with it.
Old 4/19/05, 12:55 PM
Bullitt Member

My boss pulled the valet trick once. He had the same concerns, but he's a smart guy so... He told his wife to meet him at the restaurant because he "was going to be cutting it too close" because of some work thing. He told her just to check in with the reservation and he would be there. He drove the new car in and parked it right next to the valet parking area (as close as he could get) and kept the keys with him. Then on the way out he went over to the valet and let them in on it, gave the guy the keys, told him where it was, and tipped him $10.

The valet brought it right up and it was great.
Old 4/19/05, 12:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by DADS05+April 19, 2005, 1:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DADS05 @ April 19, 2005, 1:47 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Eleanor Dreaming@April 19, 2005, 11:04 AM
Here is a good one. Tell her she got the car for graduation but, you decided to give it to a guy in Indiana who has been waiting since Feb. 4th for his. That will surprise her. Heck I'll even pay my own insurance.
That is one of the funniest things I've read on this site for a while. But I do feel for you , I've been wating since Jan 17.

And as for a spoiled kid, so what. If I could afford to buy a third one I would get my kids one. I always want what is best for my kids and Mustangs are the best.

Congratulations, and I'm sure your daughter will love any way that you choose to surprise her with it.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks, Congrats on getting to the light at the end of the tunnel. The thing that makes the wait the worst is to see the orders that are placed after mine was that have already been delivered. I guess they never heard of FIFO. Oh well it will just make it that much sweeter.
Old 4/19/05, 01:25 PM

If she has a car she drives already I would snag the other set of keys and switch them while she's at school/work/whatever so when she comes out she sees it. You could hide somewhere and come out and give her the keys.
Old 4/19/05, 01:28 PM
FR500 Member

driveway with ribon before she wakes up....simple as that. she'll melt
Old 4/19/05, 01:32 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@April 19, 2005, 3:31 PM
driveway with ribon before she wakes up....simple as that. she'll melt
Something simple for a car as prestigious as this new Mustang? I think not! I think Adrenalin had a good idea with the keys on the dessert plate.
Old 4/19/05, 01:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

How about this one? Sticking with the restaurant theme..... have someone bring the new car to the parking lot after you're inside. Have the Maitre d come up and ask if you're driving a car with license plate number......(old car). When you say yes, he says he regrets to inform you that someone hit it in the parking lot. When you go out to see the damage, there sits the new Stang!
Old 4/19/05, 01:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Park it in the neighbors driveway and tease her with the "neighbor's" new stang. Tell her they paid more and got her car from the dealer.
Old 4/19/05, 01:39 PM
V6 Member

I know what I would do...
Park it next to your other car, and when you leave the restaurant and see the Stang parked next to you...start checkin it out. Leave the roof down so she can see in. I would reach my hand in to feel the seats...touch the inside and everything...then look around to see if anyone is watching, reach in and click the unlock button and sit in it! One of two things will happen 1) She'll flip out on you for sitting in someone elses car or 2) she gets the picture. Either situation is a win/win. If she understands its yours...put the keys in, give 'er a turn and let her hear the engine! If however she thinks your violating someones beautiful car, surprise her with a set of keys out of your pocket and fire up that stinker!
Old 4/19/05, 01:41 PM
Banned

I like the keys on the dessert plate. That woudl be very cool!! Let us know how it goes. !!!!
Old 4/19/05, 01:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

pick her up from school in it.... i am sure she'll flip when she sees it
Old 4/19/05, 01:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Very cool thing your doing for your daughter...do you give mustangs to possible future husbands?

ps: where do i apply
Old 4/19/05, 01:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Bring her breakfast in bed, shuffling a Vortech into her bedroom with your foot. When she says "Gosh, mom, thanks awfully. What's the Vortech for?", pull aside her curtain and go "Tada!".

j/k, I'm with the dessert idea - especially as she'll still have to go outside and figure out which car is hers!
Old 4/19/05, 02:13 PM
Cobra Member

Fortune cookie that says "Your future holds very fast mustang, btw that wasnt chicken"

have her car towed away, and when she is pleading with the tow truck driver have him hand her the keys and be like "who cares about this pile of junk? go drive your new stang over there"

ask her if she wants to go horseback riding, and plant the car at the stables...

have someone disconnect her coil wire on her car, and when she calls you for a ride pick her up in the stang

if you can get one to play along, maybe have a cop pull her over, and pull up in the stang after he gives her a ticket for driving an uncool car.

just some ideas.

btw awesome graduation gift...just awesome.
Old 4/19/05, 02:50 PM

I wouldn't do the valet thing - remember the "Seinfeld" episode where the valet with BO was in Jerry's car? You don't want someone else's funk in your new stang.
Old 4/21/05, 07:13 AM

Thanks everyone! I'm doing it Sunday! I'll let you know!
Old 4/21/05, 07:44 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I did the restaurant thing. Yup....It was me. I gave the car to my wife.
I drove the car and parked it behind a bank next to it earlier that day.
When we arrived at the restaurant I pretended that I left my wallet in the car, use your purse, excuse yourself and go move the new car next to yours. That way when you leave she thinks the owner is someone who showed up after you. She will see it and squeel that it is just like the one she wanted and ooohh and ahhhh. Ask her if she would love a car like that and when she says yes then you produce the keys and unlock it and start it for her. She has to drive it home. That will be a drive she will never forget.
Worked like a charm with me. She was shaking. In hindsight maybe I shouldnt have let her drive being all shakey and all but man oh man. What a permagrin.
Old 4/21/05, 09:18 AM
GT Member

Seriously, nothing is better than just taking her out to dinner to say congrats. Order desert but have then bring a plate with the keys on it. Arrange to have the car waiting for her in the parking lot
I like this except, this is how I would do it if the restaurant had valet parking. Have them bring the car up & say Miss_____ here is your car. This is my plan for my 16 year old. We actually had a treasure hunt for my oldest, had truck around side of house, treasure hunt took him to it. He was SOO excited & suprised. MY second one ,we hid it in my brother -in-laws garage then asked him to go help with door opener problem(he washws cars for them We all ran to garage other way & when the door went up ,yelled suprise! Lots of fun ways to do it! Enjoy & congrats to her!

Quick Reply: Vert Here! How Can I Surprise Daughter?