The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   Valve Cover Missing Screw? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/valve-cover-missing-screw-395144/)

icemant180 11/30/04 11:16 AM

I noticed I was missing a valve cover screw on the right side. I pointed this out to the Ford Mechanic and he told me it was for an accessory bracket. Is anyone else missing a screw? (no pun intented) I should have asked him what the bracket was for. I would think the screw hole will rust over time without a screw in it.
It is the second hole in on the valve cover from the front of the car. :dunno:

clintoris 11/30/04 11:23 AM

more importantly, you'll start seeping oil there. I'm wondering why you left the dealership w/o another one in place.....

icemant180 11/30/04 11:32 AM

(I'm wondering why you left the dealership w/o another one in place..... )

Car is still hostage at the dealship. Waiting on a lower radiator hose that was leaking. The closest hose that they could locate is in FL. So at the soonest I will get it back is tomorrow. Then I have to make an appointment with the body shop to fix the scratches on the front bumper. (delivered that way). I'm also having a keyless entry pad put on. I'm paranoid the wife will lock the car with the engine running.

tekman13 11/30/04 11:38 AM

Originally posted by icemant180@November 30, 2004, 12:35 PM

Car is still hostage at the dealship. Waiting on a lower radiator hose that was leaking. The closest hose that they could locate is in FL. So at the soonest I will get it back is tomorrow. Then I have to make an appointment with the body shop to fix the scratches on the front bumper. (delivered that way). I'm also having a keyless entry pad put on. I'm paranoid the wife will lock the car with the engine running.

HAHAHA...I did that once with my aunt's 98 Mustang...

...ooops...my bad :jester:

klous 11/30/04 11:40 AM

Originally posted by icemant180@November 30, 2004, 12:35 PM

The driverside door will not lock, with the key in the ignition, and the vehicle is in park.

holderca1 11/30/04 11:47 AM

Originally posted by klous+November 30, 2004, 12:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (klous @ November 30, 2004, 12:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-icemant180@November 30, 2004, 12:35 PM

The driverside door will not lock, with the key in the ignition, and the vehicle is in park. [/b][/quote]
What if its a manual?

Burke0011 11/30/04 12:27 PM

Originally posted by holderca1+November 30, 2004, 12:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ November 30, 2004, 12:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

Originally posted by klous@November 30, 2004, 12:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-icemant180

@November 30, 2004, 12:35 PM

The driverside door will not lock, with the key in the ignition, and the vehicle is in park.

What if its a manual? [/b][/quote]
Doesn't matter - it's one of the safety features of the '05. :-D

tekman13 11/30/04 12:33 PM

SAWEEEEEET...

...I have a problem with that one...

...did it like 4 times in one day in a '91 Lebaron Convertible. It wasn't my fault though. I didn't know the doors locked themselves after the doors are closed for 10 seconds...then i kept forgetting...:jester:

kevinb120 11/30/04 01:08 PM

as long as it detects the key in the lock it will stay unlocked. You can not use fobs or the keyless entry with the car running either.

clintoris 11/30/04 01:33 PM

hurry Dan! before they cut a hole in your door! don't let 'em do it!

tekman13 11/30/04 01:39 PM

Originally posted by clintoris@November 30, 2004, 2:36 PM
The keypad for the stangs is just a remote control with double stick tape on the back. No holes...just ask Kevin...

clintoris 11/30/04 01:52 PM

Originally posted by tekman13+November 30, 2004, 2:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tekman13 @ November 30, 2004, 2:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-clintoris@November 30, 2004, 2:36 PM
The keypad for the stangs is just a remote control with double stick tape on the back. No holes...just ask Kevin... [/b][/quote]
ah.... I see

Slow down Dan!

Giddyup 11/30/04 01:59 PM

Originally posted by kevinb120@November 30, 2004, 12:11 PM
You can not use fobs or the keyless entry with the car running either.
To a point maybe..... I had my car running, and reached in and opened the trunk with the key fob. :nice: Haven't checked the other fob functions though with it running......

holderca1 11/30/04 02:05 PM

Originally posted by Burke0011+November 30, 2004, 1:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Burke0011 @ November 30, 2004, 1:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

Originally posted by holderca1@November 30, 2004, 12:50 PM

Originally posted by klous@November 30, 2004, 12:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-icemant180

@November 30, 2004, 12:35 PM

What if its a manual?

Doesn't matter - it's one of the safety features of the '05. :-D [/b][/quote]
Well I meant a manual can't be in park. Does the driver side door automatically unlock if the parking break is engaged??

icemant180 12/1/04 10:54 AM

I think this thread wandered a bit from what I originally was trying to find out.

Is there supossed to be a bracket or a bolt attached to the valve cover on the right side front? This is where I thought I was missing a valve cover bolt. I would snap a pic but my car is still at the dealer shop. Maybe someone could look under their hood and let me know if they have a missing bolt also. It's on the passenger side and would be the second hole in from the front of the car on the valve cover. Thanks.

92lx5.0 12/1/04 09:16 PM

EDITED: Please refrain from calling members names.

Refer to the forum guidelines

PONY XPRESS 12/1/04 09:26 PM

icemant

Just checked & yes on the passenger side lower bolts right after the 3rd bolt is a threaded portion of the cover. It does not hold the cover in place.