2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

VA,MD,NC Stang Owners

Search this Thread

Old 4/7/05, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

How Long did it take for your vehicle to be delivered once it was shipped out by convey carrier? Mine shipped 4/5 and the next few days/weeks are gonna kill me without some of your needed input. It's been a long wait......ordered 12/23. Finally its coming!! :worship:
Old 4/7/05, 04:01 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by can'twait4myGT@April 7, 2005, 9:50 AM
How Long did it take for your vehicle to be delivered once it was shipped out by convey carrier? Mine shipped 4/5 and the next few days/weeks are gonna kill me without some of your needed input. It's been a long wait......ordered 12/23. Finally its coming!! :worship:
I received my car back in November. If I recall correctly, I received it about a week and a half after it was shipped. However, I also remember waiting on pins and needles as you are right now because I was told that the delivery times vary greatly depending on the order that the cars get unloaded from the train. Again, this was from a sales manager, so this could be total BS.

Enjoy your car!!!
Old 4/7/05, 05:03 PM
V6 Member

I'm in NOVA, and at the moment I have a build date of 4/18. I'm thinking that it'll show up around the end of the month. I still haven't seen a GT on the road yet, and very few V6s. Kinda surprising, considering how many people are in the area now. I've recently been looking out the window during the day (my office overlooks the beltway), trying to spot some 'stangs. Today, I only saw 1.
Old 4/7/05, 05:28 PM
Bullitt Member

No idea. I ordered from the first dealer allocation my dealership was getting. So I got the first mustang the dealership ever saw. I didn't do a regular order like you guys=) I guess that's why I was happily driving my mustang in OCTOBER!
Old 4/7/05, 05:32 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by Stangarang@April 7, 2005, 7:06 PM
I'm in NOVA, and at the moment I have a build date of 4/18. I'm thinking that it'll show up around the end of the month. I still haven't seen a GT on the road yet, and very few V6s. Kinda surprising, considering how many people are in the area now. I've recently been looking out the window during the day (my office overlooks the beltway), trying to spot some 'stangs. Today, I only saw 1.
Wow. You got scheduled pretty quick. My build date is this week and my dealer said to expect it to arrive towards the end of the month. Good luck getting yours by the end of the month with a build date the week of the 18th. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Old 4/7/05, 06:18 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by oatmeal@April 7, 2005, 5:31 PM
No idea. I ordered from the first dealer allocation my dealership was getting. So I got the first mustang the dealership ever saw. I didn't do a regular order like you guys=) I guess that's why I was happily driving my mustang in OCTOBER!
How does this address his question?
Old 4/7/05, 06:53 PM

Stangarang, where'd you order your mustang from? I ordered from Sheehy Ford in Springfield. I don't even have a build date yet.
Old 4/7/05, 07:19 PM

I ordered my v6 premium from Sheehy in Marlow Heights on Jan. 2nd, although I don't believe they actually placed the order with Ford til mid-Feb., because that's when I got the VOC. Why the delay, I'm not sure, but it did allow me to change the order from black to silver, and I'm glad for that.
It was built the week of March 7th, shipped about a week to 10 days after, and it was at the dealer by the 21st.
FWIW, I paid invoice, got a priority code of 10.
Assuming it shipped on April 5, my assumption is you have less than 2 weeks to wait. It will seem like a blink of an eye once the car arrives.
Old 4/7/05, 08:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Chuck, I live in Chesapeake, Va. It took a little over a week to get to the dealer in Va Beach. Was shipped on the 7th of Dec. arrived 15th of Dec. It spend a few day down at the reginal mixing yard in Winston Salem, N.C.
Old 4/8/05, 06:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by oatmeal@April 7, 2005, 6:31 PM
Same here Bro! All I remember of those days was calling the dealer every day asking if it was in yet. The only answer I got was "any day now". I hated that answer!! But it will eventually be here, so try to be patient! It's worth it.
Old 4/8/05, 06:33 AM
GT Member

I had a build week of March 14 and took delivery of the car March 22!
Old 4/8/05, 07:04 AM
V6 Member

I'm not sure of the day it was shipped, but I had a build week of 3/21 and I recieved it on 3/31. This was at Sheehy Ford in Gaithersburg.

Hope this helps. Don't worry about the wait. I was waiting 23 weeks and about to go nuts. I've forgotten all about it now that it's here....well I've mostly forgotten about it.
Old 4/8/05, 08:31 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by sumyungguy@April 7, 2005, 8:56 PM
Stangarang, where'd you order your mustang from? I ordered from Sheehy Ford in Springfield. I don't even have a build date yet.
Ordered from Ted Britt in Fairfax, but I really lucked out on my order. It turns out that someone with a Sonic Blue GT on order backed out, and they took that order, tweaked the options around, and gave it to me. My friend ordered a Satin Silver GT a few days before me from the same place, but last I heard he was still c/u.

I didn't expect the order to get scheduled so quickly, but you won't see me complaining
Old 4/8/05, 10:02 AM
Bullitt Member

[/quote]
How does this address his question?
[/quote]

Because he asked how long it took to take delivery. And since I didn't order my car, I got it really quickly. Also, I live in NC - part of the forum topic.

Chorpeac, I know the feeling! I was calling all the time just waiting for it to get in. When the first cars where coming in, the dealer really didn't have a clue about anything.
Old 4/8/05, 11:27 AM
GT Member

Your wait shouldn't be too much longer. Mine shipped 4/4, AND I GOT THE CALL!!!!
Just saw it (sorry, no camera with me), and I will pick it up Tommorow (4/9). I will post pictures soon!!!
Old 4/8/05, 12:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by LimeJohnny+April 7, 2005, 4:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LimeJohnny @ April 7, 2005, 4:04 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-can'twait4myGT@April 7, 2005, 9:50 AM
I received my car back in November. If I recall correctly, I received it about a week and a half after it was shipped. However, I also remember waiting on pins and needles as you are right now because I was told that the delivery times vary greatly depending on the order that the cars get unloaded from the train. Again, this was from a sales manager, so this could be total BS.

Enjoy your car!!!
[/b][/quote]
WTFO?? I'm here in NOVA (Beltway Bandit), and I see two-three a day, even a Satin Silver V6 guy who i see almost every morning!! Maybe you're just in a bad luck bubble? I have seen 13-14 different Stangs on the road here, most are V6s though

Darth