The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   tune wont load (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/tune-wont-load-542572/)

bh6247 9/13/16 09:44 PM

tune wont load

Just got some tunes for a sct x4. The SCT tunes load fine and I can return to stock with no problem. The tune I added to the device gives an error code 110be loading from stock tune. If i try to load after putting in the SCT 93 tune I get a 11109 error. Any ideas. I of course sent an email to both SCT and my tune vendor. The device is updated. I was kind of surprised to see the cef file was about 200kb. I figured the file would be larger.

SpectreH 9/14/16 05:35 AM

I'm not sure what the file size should be, but you'd be surprised how small a file can be for an imbedded system. The AC-130H gunship I used to write software for only needed a floppy disk 's software - and that controlled navigation and fire control.

stupidgenius36 9/14/16 06:12 PM

The file should be pretty small, but all of mine are closer to 1MB.

bh6247 9/15/16 06:54 PM

Excellent fast support from SCT and Steeda. Tune is nice.

stupidgenius36 9/15/16 07:19 PM

So...What was the issue? Was it the file?

tj@steeda 9/15/16 07:55 PM

Sorry I didn't see this sooner ... it sounds like you are all set?

Best Regards,

TJ

ford4v429 9/16/16 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by SpectreH (Post 6995990)
I'm not sure what the file size should be, but you'd be surprised how small a file can be for an imbedded system. The AC-130H gunship I used to write software for only needed a floppy disk 's software - and that controlled navigation and fire control.

Amen to that... today a 'document' that only says 'hi' will take megs, where it used to be like 10 characters...

bet your old gunship software ran faster/more reliably than todays whiz-bang stuff too... I'd read the flight computer in the shuttle was upgraded from 386 only in its last year of flying... concise programming went away with unlimited memory/vastly improved speed these days, as its no longer required...

bh6247 9/16/16 07:40 PM

Strategy... Could swear the sticker on my car is HHK2.. Strategy is KHK2. I didn't double check the sticker. The tuner gives the appropriate info. Maybe the sticker is wrong. Maybe I should have worn my glasses. I am old my eye is failing. In any case both companies had this issue resolved fast. Shout out to Matt at Steeda and Giovanni at SCT.

SpectreH 9/16/16 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by ford4v429 (Post 6996292)
Amen to that... today a 'document' that only says 'hi' will take megs, where it used to be like 10 characters...

bet your old gunship software ran faster/more reliably than todays whiz-bang stuff too... I'd read the flight computer in the shuttle was upgraded from 386 only in its last year of flying... concise programming went away with unlimited memory/vastly improved speed these days, as its no longer required...

Yeah, before it retired, we had the software able to simultaneously train the 40mm and 105 mm guns on separate targets and accurately take them out.

tj@steeda 9/16/16 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by bh6247 (Post 6996301)
Strategy... Could swear the sticker on my car is HHK2.. Strategy is KHK2. I didn't double check the sticker. The tuner gives the appropriate info. Maybe the sticker is wrong. Maybe I should have worn my glasses. I am old my eye is failing. In any case both companies had this issue resolved fast. Shout out to Matt at Steeda and Giovanni at SCT.

I'll let Matt know of the thank you :salute:

Best Regards,

TJ

YepItsGreen 9/17/16 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
I'll let Matt know of the thank you :salute:

Best Regards,

TJ

Tj could you hook me up on a discount code?

tj@steeda 9/18/16 08:32 AM

Private Message sent!

TJ