2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

*Ticket Thread*

Search this Thread

Old 10/3/05, 07:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's terrible. Speed limits should always be strictly adhered to in towns/cities. What a moron.
Old 10/3/05, 07:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Remind's me of an accident my dad saw when he was on traffic detail. He's been a cop for 3o yrs. May retire soon, who know's. Back to accident. He responded to a motorcycle crash and when he got there both the driver and his girlfriend had both been killed because he was going to fast and lost control and slammed into a telephone pole. Worst thing he remembered was that the girl friend was laying on her stomach and lookind at the sky. :shock: :notnice:
Old 10/3/05, 08:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by rrobello@October 3, 2005, 12:22 PM
and how does this make you any better of a person? first off it is everyones right to go in and fight the ticket, remember the law states that it is up to the prosecution to make its case and prove your guilt, so if you as the officer can not do that then why should anyone be found guilty and pay a fine and have it hurt their record. I say fight every ticket and roll the dices, I make the officer work for that pay when he shows up in court and have absolutely no points on my record, it is my right to defend myself (even if guilty) and I am going to always excersise my constitutional right, thank you very much.

and if you are such a high and mighty person and feel that everyone should just always do the right thing and suck it up and take responsibility for their actions then why dont you fess up and say that you were only in court for 20 minutes and get paid for just that time, instead of milking the system to your advantage, there is no difference between what you are doing and the person who is using the law to their advantage to make a mistake they made not effect them for a long period of time in a negative way. In essence what you are doing is worse. YOU ARE STEALING!!!! No other way of putting it, at least when I defend myself I am not breaking a law, I might get away with having broken a law in the first place, but I did that knowing the consequenses, got busted and are paying the consequences, which are spending my time to go into court and excersise my rights and either have the judge decide that what I did doesnt call for a punishment or possibly a less harsh punishment or have him/her decide that I do need to sufer the full consequences and the full punishment or worse, but either way going into court and fighting a ticket is NOT against the law and it is NOT immoral in anyway, even if you are guilty. What you are doing IS against the law. You are knowingly being paid for work and time you have not done. And what is worse is that you are stealing from us, the tax payers, your employer. You are here to serve and protect us and not commit crimes against us. I hope you enjoy all your toys bought with dirty money, and you cops wonder why it is the public doesnt like you, it is because of scum like you, you look down on the average citizen thinking you are better than us because you have a badge and then think you are above the law and the rules dont apply to you like the common folk. Dont worry one day it will come full circle and bite you in the butt, I hope you spend all your time in your GT500 pulled over in the side of the road getting tickets that you wont bother fighting because you are guilty and just suck it up.
Man, ballsy calling someone a thief when you have no clue as to the situation. Most cops I know get paid a set fee (wow, three hours pay seems to be the amount) to go to court, and most times it is on his day off. Ever think that on some days, he is there MORe than three hours?

Sounds to me that someone got nailed and is pissed about it. It's post like that one that make TMS such a hostile place. Seems like noone can post without some hot head know-it-all jumping down his throat.

Flame away.....
Old 10/3/05, 08:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by jwede@October 3, 2005, 8:24 PM
Sounds to me that someone got nailed and is pissed about it. It's post like that one that make TMS such a hostile place. Seems like noone can post without some hot head know-it-all jumping down his throat.
Yeah, his post was somewhat confrontational and hostile, but I agree that it is not immoral or wrong in any way to fight your ticket, even if you are guilty.

I bust my butt working long hours everyday, doing somewhat boring work. I can barely afford my Mustang. It is one of my only hobbies and it brings me great pleasure. A $200 ticket really hurts me financially...and what's it for? Going 15 mph over the speed limit? Give me a f-ing break. Why don't the cops bust the Porsche and Farrari owners or luxury car owners who can afford to pay their salaries instead of the poor kid who can barely afford a Mustang.

In Houston, I got busted for going 80 mph on a 70 mph highway. I was in the slow lane being passed by other people. Needless to say, I was infuriated.
Old 10/3/05, 08:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by clockworks@October 3, 2005, 8:37 PM
Yeah, his post was somewhat confrontational and hostile, but I agree that it is not immoral or wrong in any way to fight your ticket, even if you are guilty.

I bust my butt working long hours everyday, doing somewhat boring work. I can barely afford my Mustang. It is one of my only hobbies and it brings me great pleasure. A $200 ticket really hurts me financially...and what's it for? Going 15 mph over the speed limit? Give me a f-ing break. Why don't the cops bust the Porsche and Farrari owners or luxury car owners who can afford to pay their salaries instead of the poor kid who can barely afford a Mustang.

In Houston, I got busted for going 80 mph on a 70 mph highway. I was in the slow lane being passed by other people. Needless to say, I was infuriated.
I agree, fight the ticket. It's your right. I do not think the officer was saying that you couldn't, just what he would do, which btw, I didn't know was even possible. I have a feeling that many people did not know you could re-file a ticket.
Old 10/3/05, 10:15 PM
GT Member

Flame away.....
TMS is a hostile place?
Old 10/3/05, 11:17 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Man, ballsy calling someone a thief when you have no clue as to the situation. Most cops I know get paid a set fee (wow, three hours pay seems to be the amount) to go to court, and most times it is on his day off. Ever think that on some days, he is there MORe than three hours?

Flame away.....
I wasnt even going to respond to the first part of his comment but it really got me when his second part made it sound like he might give tickets just to earn some extra cash, I am aware that they get paid a set amount, but sheesh he was the one coming off all high and mighty about doing the right thing and owning up to ones mistake and not fighting the ticket, well then if he is soooo perfect then he should sit around the court house the entire time to earn his three hours of pay. And I have been on this site for a while now and have seen many people say the same thing he has about not fighting a ticket, I dont get why someone would think that way but to each his own, I am just tired of hearing about it, especially from some cop that is going to rub it in and say he'll use the money he earns off of giving someone a ticket to fill his quota to go and buy "toys" I dont mind getting busted for speeding if I am but part of the process is going to court and excersising my rights as a citizen, and cops should know this and not get POd when someone decides to do so.

As for getting nailed and pissed about it, you couldnt be more wrong, like I said if I get busted I own up to it, but still fight it, if a cop decides its not worth showing up then it wasnt worth giving me the ticket and if a judge decides that he hasnt proven my guilt then the same thing applies and I dont deserve the ticket or any of the penalties that go with it. I have talked my way out of tickets in the past, and have fought a couple, I have yet to lose. I dont go speeding around everywhere and get pulled over a lot, but the few times I have since Ive been driving I have made the cop earn his pay. I've even had a judge laugh at one and tell him he was being ridiculous and out of line and dismiss a ticket.