2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

*Ticket Thread*

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/05, 08:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
67 in a 50 for me. I sped up to get the moron in a minivan out of my blind spot. I was on my way to the drag strip to do my speeding legally too.
Old 10/1/05, 09:13 AM

120 in a 50. summons to go to court. good friend is a lawyer. could have lost my license. paid $50 and went home.
Old 10/1/05, 10:37 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by eromzek+September 30, 2005, 12:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eromzek @ September 30, 2005, 12:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey guys,

I thought I'd start a ticket thread to make all of us who've gotten tickets thusfar feel better about it by seeing all the others out there in the same boat.

I personally just got a careless driving ticket about a week ago on the express way for going about 100.. 3 points!
[/b]

Only 3 points for 100? You got off lucky. That would be 11 points and cost you your license here in NY.

<!--QuoteBegin-GhostGT
@September 30, 2005, 9:33 PM
I got a ticket going 50 in a 40. I also didn't have any plates on. (First week when I got my car...didn't wanna leave dealer tags on it ) HOWEVER, the officer wrote down 50 in a 35, which is a mistake on his part. I talked to my judge...Court date is the 19th of October. He said if I can prove the officer wrong, he will dismiss it.
[/quote]

And if I'm the officer... I refile the ticket as soon as the judge dismisses it. Why don't you people accept that you did wrong and take what you have comming to you?

Don't get me wrong... I don't mind people pleaing NG to my tickets because I get paid for 3 hours every time I goto court (I'm usually there for about 20 minutes) and I make $1/min on OT. This means my house/truck/college loans will all be paid off within 3 months of each other in spring '09... then it's time for toys! GT500 maybe?
Old 10/1/05, 12:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm going for the "guilty with an explanation" plea. I was in the right hand lane cruising at 5 miles over the speed limit during rush hour. I moved into the left hand lane to allow a van to merge from the right. After the van merged he proceded to pace me in my blind spot while I was being tailgated. In my opinion, the best option was to speed up to the point where I could get infront of him and allow the tailgater to pass.
Old 10/1/05, 01:37 PM
Bullitt Member

91 in a 60, have court next friday.
60 in a 35, have court the thursday after that.

Got both tickets in April and I got a lawyer to move them 6 months down the road. Cops probably won't show up.
Old 10/2/05, 08:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by y22kc@September 30, 2005, 2:25 PM
I got a wreckless operation about a month ago for doing a burnout in a friends driveway that is longer than some of the darn streets around his house. Made a few calls, got it reduced to a no seat belt ticket.
Actually, I don't think the cop can give you a ticket at all if it's on private property. As long as you're not endangering/harassing the general public, you can do donuts on your own property if you feel like it. Course, this all depends on how large/secluded your piece of private property is.
Old 10/2/05, 08:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

This seems like an appropriate thread to post some ticket prevention strategies in, so here are some good methods I cooked up.

Please read the following thoroughly for a concise, NEARLY bulletproof, ticket prevention strategy:

After reading the myraid of threads about people being rammed by the State for speeding, I thought I'd post a thread for anyone interested in fighting fire with FIRE! In this thread, I've included steps you need to take to PREVENT a cop from ever having a chance to clock you. I've also included honest ticket prevention links that took me weeks to find after dredging through thousands of commercially biased sites. I think everyone who enjoys their '05 and doesn't want to pay THOUSANDS of dollars for a momentary twitch of the accelerator should take these four steps to greatly minimize your chances of getting ticketed:

1. Get a GOOD radar detector. I recommend the Esocrt Passport 8500 X50 or the Valentine 1.

2. Get a GOOD laser jammer. A laser detector is USELESS. Once your detector goes off, YOU'VE BEEN CLOCKED. I recommend the Blinder Extreme, although even MORE effective jammers may be coming out very soon, such as Antilaser.

3. Purchase PROVEN laser countermeasures such as VEIL (applied to your headlights), and for those of us with front license plates, Lasershield. With a good laser jammer and these laser countermeasures, laser guns are useless against you unless you're 100 - 150 feet from the cop! (they usually clock you at 2800 feet)

4. BE VIGILANT! If you're speeding safely, check your mirrors periodically. Remember, there is no defense against VASCAR (averaging your speed between two points of reference) except for purchasing a scanner!

I've followed these four steps and I have a perfect record. I've gotten lots of dirty looks from cops, though.

Some links for everyone here to check out:

Speedzones.com - The REAL DEAL For Unbiased Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Reviews!

Radardetector.net - The Best Radar Detector/Laser Jammer Forum on the Net! TONS of Information!

This is a Great Place To Buy Your Ticket Prevention Equipment!

A Site That Uncovers Ticket Prevention Scam Artists That Sell COMPLETELY Ineffective Products Like the Phazer II! Definitely Check This One Out!

Rocky Mountain Radar - THE BIGGEST SCAM ARTISTS IN THE TICKET PREVENTION INDUSTRY! STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE! PHAZER II IS A SCAM!
Old 10/2/05, 02:27 PM
GT Member

Hey, OBleedingMe, Take you foot off the accelerator is the best way. The rest of the stuff you recommend.... :notnice:
Old 10/2/05, 11:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Right, Redfire. Because I'm sure you've NEVER, EVER nailed it on an on-ramp or went 15 over on a deserted highway in the dead of night.

Ever read up on the Montana Experiment? When they took away speed limits? How the the fatality rates dropped over 50% on all interstates and 5%-10% on all rural highways over a 4 year period? The State lost some revenue, though. Boy, they didn't like that... so instead of enforcing traffic laws that really cause accidents (tailgating, reckless driving, road rage, etc) like they do in Germany, they finally overwhelmed the will of the people and were able to reinstate speed limits. The fatality rates double within one year and Montana has recently recorded a 20 year high for fatality rates on their interstates. Don't believe me? Visit mortorist.org and do a little research.

You see, it's much easier for a cop to pull you over for going 80 in a 65 than it is for them to catch tailgaters, reckless driving, etc. 99% of the drivers out there who are pulled over for speeding are pulkled over for one reason and one reason only: revenue.

You can choose not to protect yourself from the State and their money-siphoning ways, and that is your choice. But don't sit there and act like the only time you speed is on the track.
Old 10/3/05, 06:23 AM
V6 Member

July: 85 on a 70 but got saved by my Military ID. Cop suggested I didn't find my insurance and registration. I didn't so I got a $20 ticket for no proof of insurance and no registration (no points). Speeding ticket would have cost me $205.

Got saved by the ID again in September but was driving the "Exploder" No ticket that time.
Old 10/3/05, 08:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Listen to ObleedingMe's advice. I've seen that he's posted it multiple times on this board, and as a professional speeder myself, for a good 15 years, I can tell you that he has hit the nail on the head.

I've lived by a simular set of rules myself, and been extremly successful. Yesterday, I drove a 550km trip in my Mustang, averaging 135-140kph (110 limit). In that time, I was hit my Laser (no advanced warning on RD), and 2 instant ok Ka's. All 3 times, by simply doing nothing more than being vigilant, I was able to slow down to around the speed limit, and not have the police officer take a second look.

It comes down to this. There are 2 types of speeders. Professionals, and Jack-hineys. A professional lives by a set of rules, such as those defined above, and a jack hiney mounts their detector, sets their cruise, and female doges about the speeding tickets they recieve.

I have 3 police officers in my family, and all 3 brag about how they catch people with RD's. I never bother telling them, that the people the catch are not the professionals.

And remember, if you do still get caught, a speeding ticket is the price you pay for the privillage of driving as fast as you want.
Old 10/3/05, 09:02 AM
Cobra Member

uh-huh, well RottenRonnie do you get paid to speed? a professional-speeder, thats funny
Old 10/3/05, 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Does anyone have any advice for my careless driving citation? It happened in Farmington Hills, Michigan..and was written by an Oakland County Sheriff. I was wondering if it would be worth it to seek a lawyer, or if i should just try and go to court myself and plead for traffic school. My record is perfectly clean, but the cop wrote on the ticket "speeding, tailgating, improper lane changes" I'm only hoping that since he is a county sheriff, he will have bigger fish to fry than to come to some random district court for a citation...but you never know.
Old 10/3/05, 11:00 AM

Originally posted by Refonbass@October 1, 2005, 7:16 AM
120 in a 50. summons to go to court. good friend is a lawyer. could have lost my license. paid $50 and went home.
I know this is a bragging rights thread, but I quite honestly am disgusted at that sort of recklessness. I hope you don't get someone killed driving like that. But hey, as long as it only costs ya $50, feel free to do 75 in a school zone.
Old 10/3/05, 11:59 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Let's see if I can remember them all-

#1. Driving at 16, in in my 1996 red V6 vert with my 10 year old cousin in the passenger seat. Cop pulled me over and said "how old are you?" Shaking, "16" I answered. pointing at my cousin, he says "what is he 22?". The guy was a jerk, and let me go.

#2. 17 years old, in my 1996 red V6 vert. Lines up with an eclipse...he took off and I followed...came arround a corner and two motor cops were working radar. One took off alfter the eclipe and the other pulled me over. as I am sitting there, sweating bullets, I see my mom drive by very slowly and give me a dirty look. Apparenly she had been behind the eclipse and I and saw it happen. She pulled over and got out of the car yelling at me...then officer asking how fast he got me at. The officer told her to calm down and get back to her car. she calmed down and stood and talked to the officer for some time. He told me to get out of the car, and the three of us had the most enjoyable conversatiuon ever. The guy in the eclipse got ticketed...and I didn't. The cop said he was gonna give me a break because I sounded like a good kid from what my mom said. so, I guess I owe my mom one.

#3. In my 2000 red V vert. Doing 60 in a 45. motorcop pulled me over. Asked for my registration. I conveniantly had it folded in a signed letter from my dad's work. Forgot to mention he was a motorcop for 22 years, retired on a medical. When I unfolded the letter, the cop asked what this was...I explained my dad was a cop, and the cop said "have a nice day".

Me 3, Law 0

#4. In my 2000 red v6 vert. 17 and cutting class with my friend the same age. Had a coke in my right hand, so driving with the left. 55 in a 45, following too close, and changed lanes abruptly without signaling. Did this right as I passed a cop hiding. As I passed him, we saw he was just getting in his car, so we thought we could lose him. Made a right turn down a residential street, then a left, then a right, then a left. Then we cruised. about 1 min. later, is when I heard the sirens. Had two cop cars come squealing arround the last corner behind us. We stopped immediately, told his to get out of the car, walk backwards, etc. Cuffed us, and asked us why we were running. We swore up and down we weren't running. The cop asked why I thought he was pulling me over. "because I was doing a 55 in a 45, following too close, and didn't use my turn signal". the cop was stunned, and went back to write the ticket (un cuffed us then). came back and gave us a 10 min. lecture about howI could flip my car at 55mph very easily. He gave me a ticket just for the "no turn signal used". Going in to court on that kind of a ticket was embarrassing, the judge laughed at me when he found out I got pulled over for not using my turn signal. traffic school, and $45 fine.

me 3, law 1

#5. In my 2000 red v6 vert., 80mph on the freeway. Nothin exciting there, I was late for a final. $85, traffic school

me 3, law 2

#6. In my 2000 red v6 vert. Took off from a light very quickly...and apparently a v8 tundra wanted to catch me. So just as he caught me, and I realized I was "racing" I shut it down. Well, what the 5 motorcops that were sitting in front of the highschool on Homecoming night saw were two teenage kids racing. So we got pulled over, searched, yelled at "WHY WERE YOU RACING" etc. Of course, I denied I was racing, but I was told "we can tell you race your car...just by looking at it". Misdeamor, speed contest. Lowered to an infraction in court, 50 hours of community service, $200, and traffic school

#7. In my 2000 red v6 vert. Was dropping my friend off in a very busy parking lot. Pulled in to a handicap spot to get out of everyone's way, he got out, I shifted in to reverse and began to back out just as a cop pulled behind me and blocked me in. From the moment my front tires entered the spot to when I was back out was maximum 5 seconds. the dumb pig wouldn't move his car, and wrote me for parking in a handicap spot. $300 or so, and traffic school.

me 3, law 4 (see a trend?)

#8. In my 05' GT. 80mph in the slow lane, when many people were going 100+ easily. Was pulled over by two cop cars...one was a rookie in training...so I guess I was an easy target. $112.

#9. In my 05' GT. 120mph on the freeway. Meeting rrobello at the Carlsbad meet, and I was late. Not watyching my speed at all...I honestly thought I was doing about 90. Cop pulled me over and asked "why were you going 104mph on the freeway". The fact that he got the speed wrong in my favor made it easier to say "I don't know" and take the ticket. I deserved it, had no business going that fast. $430, 30 days suspension.

me 3, law 7

needless to say, I have drastically changed my driving habits.
Old 10/3/05, 12:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by S.SubZero@October 3, 2005, 10:03 AM
I know this is a bragging rights thread, but I quite honestly am disgusted at that sort of recklessness. I hope you don't get someone killed driving like that. But hey, as long as it only costs ya $50, feel free to do 75 in a school zone.

dude, do you need some bleach?
Old 10/3/05, 12:19 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally posted by Trooper4985@October 1, 2005, 10:40 AM
Don't get me wrong... I don't mind people pleaing NG to my tickets because I get paid for 3 hours every time I goto court (I'm usually there for about 20 minutes) and I make $1/min on OT. This means my house/truck/college loans will all be paid off within 3 months of each other in spring '09... then it's time for toys! GT500 maybe?
and how does this make you any better of a person? first off it is everyones right to go in and fight the ticket, remember the law states that it is up to the prosecution to make its case and prove your guilt, so if you as the officer can not do that then why should anyone be found guilty and pay a fine and have it hurt their record. I say fight every ticket and roll the dices, I make the officer work for that pay when he shows up in court and have absolutely no points on my record, it is my right to defend myself (even if guilty) and I am going to always excersise my constitutional right, thank you very much.

and if you are such a high and mighty person and feel that everyone should just always do the right thing and suck it up and take responsibility for their actions then why dont you fess up and say that you were only in court for 20 minutes and get paid for just that time, instead of milking the system to your advantage, there is no difference between what you are doing and the person who is using the law to their advantage to make a mistake they made not effect them for a long period of time in a negative way. In essence what you are doing is worse. YOU ARE STEALING!!!! No other way of putting it, at least when I defend myself I am not breaking a law, I might get away with having broken a law in the first place, but I did that knowing the consequenses, got busted and are paying the consequences, which are spending my time to go into court and excersise my rights and either have the judge decide that what I did doesnt call for a punishment or possibly a less harsh punishment or have him/her decide that I do need to sufer the full consequences and the full punishment or worse, but either way going into court and fighting a ticket is NOT against the law and it is NOT immoral in anyway, even if you are guilty. What you are doing IS against the law. You are knowingly being paid for work and time you have not done. And what is worse is that you are stealing from us, the tax payers, your employer. You are here to serve and protect us and not commit crimes against us. I hope you enjoy all your toys bought with dirty money, and you cops wonder why it is the public doesnt like you, it is because of scum like you, you look down on the average citizen thinking you are better than us because you have a badge and then think you are above the law and the rules dont apply to you like the common folk. Dont worry one day it will come full circle and bite you in the butt, I hope you spend all your time in your GT500 pulled over in the side of the road getting tickets that you wont bother fighting because you are guilty and just suck it up.
Old 10/3/05, 12:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

:banana2:
Old 10/3/05, 02:42 PM
Bullitt Member

wn3d:
Old 10/3/05, 06:31 PM

From the Johnson City, TN newspaper:

"She had just been crowned homecoming queen.
It had only been 24 hours before.

Then she was gone, and her friend is desperately clinging to life.

Cortney Hensley, 17, 472 Treadway Trail, Telford, was killed in a two-vehicle crash late Saturday night.

Her friend, Cortney Beard, 17, 426 Gay St., Erwin, was badly burned in the crash and was listed in critical condition at Vanderbilt’s burn center in Nashville Sunday night.

The Johnson City Police Bureau said the accident happened about 11:40 p.m. Saturday.

Beard, who was the driver, had stopped her 1997 Honda CRV at the red light at the intersection of North Roan Street and Springbrook Drive.

Her car was then struck in the rear by a north-bound 1996 Ford Mustang driven by Bradley D. Mullins, 18, 116 Spring City Drive, Gray.

Mullins was traveling at a high rate of speed, according to police.

Beard’s CRV was pushed 250 feet and burst into flames as a result of the impact, police said.

Hensley was pronounced dead at the scene."