2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 9/28/04, 06:30 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AZOmae, there will always be the mod forum i guess. Not that i'll have enough money to really do anything substantial to my car since my bank account will be pretty much wiped clean after i pay for this.

Of course i really can't wait till my account gets wiped clean because that will mean i'm cruisin' in the stang. =)
Old 9/28/04, 06:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Galaxie@September 28, 2004, 5:19 PM
I have a support group

you guys, and every single one of my friends who have been annoyed by my constant yammering about the Mustang since I was 14.

I think everyone will breathe a collective sigh of "its about time " when I pull up in my car.
I hear ya. I've told my friends and co workers my build date ten times over.
My wife cringes when I mention the word mustang.
Old 9/28/04, 07:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hi I'm Greg and I too am Stang obsessed!!! Is this the 12 step program for Stang addicts, Stangs Anonymous?? I have started adapting the Serenity prayer for us...

God grant me the Serenity
to accept the things I can not change...like my build date and the competence of my dealer...

Courage to
change the things I can...like how much money I can save to put down on a new Stang and how many speeding tickets I get BEFORE the new ride arrives

and Wisdom to
know the difference...between GT/V6, IUP, Bullitt/Mach/SVT/Shelby/Saleen...

...Hope you enjoy my friends !!!
Old 9/28/04, 07:41 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's worse for people like me who ordered back in May and have yet to get a VIN. Looking at countless posts where people have VIN's, build dates, pics of the cars at the plant, hearing they are being loaded up for shipping and now Jay Leno driving around in one. :bang: I don't know what is going to cost more, my car insurance or psychologists bills.
Old 9/28/04, 08:04 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by frankswildyears+September 28, 2004, 8:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (frankswildyears @ September 28, 2004, 8:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Galaxie@September 28, 2004, 5:19 PM
I have a support group

you guys, and every single one of my friends who have been annoyed by my constant yammering about the Mustang since I was 14.

I think everyone will breathe a collective sigh of "its about time " when I pull up in my car.
I hear ya. I've told my friends and co workers my build date ten times over.
My wife cringes when I mention the word mustang. [/b][/quote]
This is my 10th anniversary of wanting a mustang BADLY (fell in love with the 94) - and I am only a few weeks away now (hopefully!) For my 16th and 17th birthdays, I test drove GTs at our local dealer. I wonder if there are still nailmarks on the steering wheel from where they had to pry me out ....
Old 9/28/04, 08:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

I had a 92 LX 5.0 that I miss dearly, even if it was an auto. I looked at different cars for over a year before placing my order. I kept telling my wife not to stress over whatever I was looking at, because I was going to end up getting the new stang. This site has provided a ton of info. Now, I just have to wait 4 more months.....

Jason
Old 9/28/04, 09:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi all... My name is Charlie..
I have a problem...
Her name is Mustang, she showed up last year and teased me for months. When I finally got to touch her, she just left me standing there feeling used, but Oh how it felt good. When she showed herself again all dressed in Yellow, all shined up and ready to let me feel her power. She was strong, bold and full of fire..... But just as last time she left me wanting and standing in her dust.... Now I know what I have to do.... wait.... She is waiting on me in Detroit all dressed in black with bright red accents... wanting me to come get her and drive off into the sunset.

thats my story.... It's not pretty... but it's true.

I guess i'll go drown my sorrows with the sound of a supercharger!!!
Old 9/28/04, 10:01 PM
FR500 Member

...........hey man what about people who r ordering really soon
Old 9/29/04, 04:55 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

My husband referred to me as "insane"

I have asked him to spy one out for me, drive by dealers on his way to jobs, call me if he sees one, steal me one, you name it. I keep a camera in my car, and the dealers all hate me for bugging them constantly.

I need a grip- because even though I know the Eleanor fund is far from full, I still want one NOW, even though I know she's not coming home till later.....
Old 9/29/04, 05:31 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Could This Be The Day......I wake up everyday and think maybe this will be the day. I know whats going to happen. We are going to the beach Oct 9-16 and thats when it will be. My salesman said "Oh, We will put it in our showroom, it will be here when you return". I'm not really wanting all those fingerprints on it, but at least it will be inside. I am like April though. I want it NOW.

At least we have this support group thread. Now I can rant with fellow others that want theirs as bad as me. :bang:
Old 9/29/04, 05:36 AM
dke
Bullitt Member

I can taste the darn thing; and I haven't even got to see what mine looks like. I want a 2006/2007 SVT -- and I want it from when I saw the Concept. And I have at least a year to wait. Aurrrggghhh... How you keep a fan in suspense? I'll tell you later.
Old 9/29/04, 06:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Hi My name is Mike.

I used to graze The Mustang Source 20 times a day, but since I lost one of my hands, I cut my grazing in half!!!!!!
Old 9/29/04, 06:31 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by GMAYS@September 28, 2004, 9:34 PM

God grant me the Serenity
to accept the things I can not change...like my build date and the competence of my dealer...

That's nice, are you sure you didn't miss a small "In" in front of that word?
Old 9/30/04, 05:51 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Could This Be The Day......I wake up everyday and think maybe this will be the day.
Everyday I think maybe this will be the day we finally get a ship date. I just had to bring this topic back to the top. Some of us might need support here.
Old 9/30/04, 06:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Me too. Each day I want to see a thread titled - "GOT IT!"

Also - good news, not losing internet access for my last two months here after all!!! I get to keep grazing.

Oh yeah, it is official. My Mustang actually made it into a dream last night.........I'm addicted.
Old 9/30/04, 07:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Why does Ford keep reminding me of the pain of leaving my beloved Mustang.

Press release
Old 9/30/04, 08:53 AM
Cobra Member

I think we are all officially Mustang addicts. It is a serious affliction and one I full intend to maintain with daily Mustang doses. I think I need to up my medication!!

Hi welcome to MA, I'm Steve and I see nothing wrong with power shifting or long smoky burnouts.
Old 9/30/04, 10:10 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Why does Ford keep reminding me of the pain of leaving my beloved Mustang.
Am I remembering correctly that, that was you who flew there just to drive the Mustang?

Also - good news, not losing internet access for my last two months here after all!!! I get to keep grazing.
That is good news. The internet should make the wait a little easier at least.
Old 9/30/04, 12:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Donna, yes that was me.

Hello everyone... My name is Charlie and I'm an addict...

I just got back from my dealer..... nice guys, gave me a new 05 Mustang poster :worship:

That will keep me going for a few more days.

Hey Ford If your reading this.... Thanks for the great new design!! please just let us know what's going on? If you are just stocking up the Mustangs so everyone can get theirs at the same time..... Ok If there is a problem, let us know. It is always better to tell what's going on and not hiding it. I still want my Mustang even if you have to replace every part in the car... And so does everyone here.

Will it hurt to let us know??? Something like ..... Hey guy's we're waiting to deliver the Mustang until???... would be very appreciated.
Old 9/30/04, 03:51 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Hey Ford If your reading this.... Thanks for the great new design!! please just let us know what's going on? If you are just stocking up the Mustangs so everyone can get theirs at the same time..... Ok If there is a problem, let us know. It is always better to tell what's going on and not hiding it. I still want my Mustang even if you have to replace every part in the car... And so does everyone here.
My thoughts exactly.

Quick Reply: Support Group