The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2005-2009 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/)
-   -   Sound with Navigation System (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f637/sound-navigation-system-453098/)

MustangKid91 6/3/07 03:30 PM

Sound with Navigation System

Does the touch screen dvd navigation system have an improved stereo also. Or does it just have the shaker 500?

Tispco 6/3/07 04:19 PM

It is just the Shaker 500 on the Nav

G.T 6/3/07 04:38 PM

While it may look like a shaker, it really isn't one.
The unit is made by Pioneer (AVIC)..
i believe the sound quality may be a bit better compared to the standard Shaker units made by Delphi

MustangKid91 6/3/07 04:45 PM

how is the base in the mustang. with the shaker 500? is it loud?

slipnotovk 6/3/07 05:02 PM

i got it and its aight. i already messed up my rear speakers because with some extreme bass i can hear them rattlin like a motha! its louder than most stock stereos but it definetely doesnt compete with most aftermarket set-ups.

i was going to tear out the whole stock system but then i realized, spending all that cash just for louder music is just stupid when it can instead go to performance mods! :metal::metal::metal:

redmsgt 6/3/07 05:59 PM

To me it sounds louder than the stock Shaker 500. Maybe because my unit came from a Mountaineer with audiophile that had 290 watts. Could I have 790 watts now. Definatelly louder than before the nav.

kevinb120 6/3/07 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by slipnotovk (Post 931356)
i got it and its aight. i already messed up my rear speakers because with some extreme bass i can hear them rattlin like a motha! its louder than most stock stereos but it definetely doesnt compete with most aftermarket set-ups.

i was going to tear out the whole stock system but then i realized, spending all that cash just for louder music is just stupid when it can instead go to performance mods! :metal::metal::metal:

Should be able to get new rears under warranty.

jcthorne 6/4/07 10:05 AM

The nav is a much better head unit than the S 500 in many ways. Sound quality being one of them. While it does push slightly more power, it still needs a rear sub if you want bass. Was pretty easy to add a fitted sub enclosure and amp to the nav sound system. The s1000 sub and amps are not available with the nav although you could order the s1000 and upgrade to a nav after delivery if you just HAD to have the factory sub.

Hollywood_North GT 6/4/07 07:36 PM

Here's what you're dealing with, to the best of my knowledge >>

- Your head unit in the NAV setup is much better than the Delphi unit.

- Your amps, however, are still the Shaker 500 ones, and your speakers are still made in China.

So one component of the system is improved, but arguably, the most important one (speakers) are still less than optimal (putting it kindly).

Now a question >> I can find all the speakers in my car (the two door-mounted subs and the mid ranges in the door are easily spotted), but I can't locate the rears. Are they under the carpet of the rear decklid, behind the backs of the rear seats...? :dunno:

And how many speakers are in the car in total with the '500' setup, six?

MustangKid91 6/4/07 07:52 PM

Hollywood i can answer how many there are... There are 8 because the 1000 watt has 2 more which is 2 subwoofers in the back trunk. As of where the other 2 are located you will have to wait for someone else to answer that one

theedge67 6/4/07 08:23 PM

Those are in the rear deck, under the carpeting on the 07's. The 05-06's were exposed. Just look in the trunk, you'll see them.

Tampa07GTCS 6/5/07 07:42 AM

So with my Vert I suppose all the speakers are in the side panels....since there is no rear deck...?

StangMahn 6/5/07 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by slipnotovk (Post 931356)

I'll second that!!!

steevr 6/5/07 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tampa07GTCS (Post 932533)
So with my Vert I suppose all the speakers are in the side panels....since there is no rear deck...?

You are correct.

redmsgt 6/5/07 08:14 PM

There are 8 speakers . 3 in each door and 2 in the back. In the door there is 2 speakers in the top grill and 1 sub in the lower grill.

Hollywood_North GT 6/5/07 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by redmsgt (Post 933093)
There are 8 speakers . 3 in each door and 2 in the back. In the door there is 2 speakers in the top grill and 1 sub in the lower grill.

Ahhhhhhh... very interesting...

Thank you for illuminating that. :nice:

I guess I really ought to re-read the manual. But during my first perusal of it when I got the car, I didn't see any specifics on this.